Modifying My Mitsubishi Lancer (2002)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I would like to modify my Lancer 2002 Diesel Model. Details are:

1. I am a 5th owner ( I don't mind about I don't have any idea to sell until spares available)
2. 2002 model , i bought 1.8
3. Mileage was at the time of buy 1,78,000, Hope it would be genuine Odo.
4. I am getting 18-20 km/L on high way , I never gone below 16.5 ( 5 members with on A/C).
5. I have attached my car image.
6. Shake observer need to be replace. I feel vibration on worst road.

Modification Required is
a. Paint (Perl white )
b. front & rear bumper change
c. body skit ( optional)
d. interior work
Please suggest me where can I get done in Chennai .

Advance thansk

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: I Want Modify my Lancer 2002

Lancer is one car that never look aged. It's my dream car as well.
Instead of spending much on the cosmetics part, I would suggest to invest on the mechanicals so that it could run for another lakh km leaving the same smile on your face. If you are still looking for the cosmetic changes, please take care the below points
a) Paint color change - this need to be endorsed in RC
b) Bumper change - You mean the sporty ones? with lips? Take care not to lower them much, else it will scrap most of the speed humps
c) Body kits - Same as above. Also take care while Jacking up the vehicle
d) Interior work - Are you limiting with the upholstery? If not, I would suggest to stripe it to skeleton during painting, check for rust / corrosion & give her a proper treatment as the vehicle is almost 14years old. Do proper / additional damping.

Hello sir, welcome to the forum! [clap]

Modification Required is
a. Paint (Perl white )
c. body skit ( optional)
d. interior work

Advance thansk
Since I do not live in Chennai, can't suggest. But most reputable mechanics do the painting work.

b. Change to what [confused] IMO the manufacturer spent tens of lakhs on improving the car's aerodynamics along with other things, hence leave the bumper be.

c. I assume you meant Body Kit. IMO, unless it gives downforce and all. Again mechanic guys will do the work, but be sure to buy a good one (the cheap ones can R-U-I-N the aerodynamics. And may even block air to the intercooler). Good ones might improve aerodynamics and downforce. And be sure that it goes over speed breakers. If you decide to use one but ground clearance takes a beating, and raise the car by using better shocks, be sure to take a look at this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzl8k9S4k8

d. Can't comment on that one!

All the best!

Thread Starter #5
Lancer is one car that never look aged. It's my dream car as well.
Instead of spending much on the cosmetics part, I would suggest to invest on the mechanicals so that it could run for another lakh km leaving the same smile on your face. If you are still looking for the cosmetic changes, please take care the below points
a) Paint color change - this need to be endorsed in RC
b) Bumper change - You mean the sporty ones? with lips? Take care not to lower them much, else it will scrap most of the speed humps
c) Body kits - Same as above. Also take care while Jacking up the vehicle
d) Interior work - Are you limiting with the upholstery? If not, I would suggest to stripe it to skeleton during painting, check for rust / corrosion & give her a proper treatment as the vehicle is almost 14years old. Do proper / additional damping.
Thanks Mr.Boss, What we need to spend on machanical side. I am new to automobile.
one thing was wrong in my post that is , I am 4 owner .
my answer to your point :
a) yes i am aware of it.
b) Yes it will hit all speed break in indian roads :) , i prefer to change as first image. it reasonable clearance still exist.
c) will remain same stability on drive if we Jacking up
d) Not so much , only look like new vehicle that's it.

Hi Friends,

I would like to modify my Lancer 2002 Diesel Model. Details are:

1. I am a 5th owner ( I don't mind about I don't have any idea to sell until spares available)
2. 2002 model , i bought 1.8
3. Mileage was at the time of buy 1,78,000, Hope it would be genuine Odo.
4. I am getting 18-20 km/L on high way , I never gone below 16.5
5. I drove up to 160 km/h ( for testing purpose to measure engine capacity) I usually drive 100 to 120 , I am getting 18-20 on express way ( 5 members with on A/C).
6. I have attached my car image.
7. Shake observer need to be replace. I feel vibration on worst road.

Modification Required is
a. Paint (Perl white )
c. body skit ( optional)
d. interior work

Advance thansk
Small correction : I am 4th owner. Now i almost completed 10K km. i feel no issue in Engine, only small Radiator leakage( to be addressed soon) and shake observer not upto mark , i would like to change as new one if available

Since I do not live in Chennai, can't suggest. But most reputable mechanics do the painting work.

b. Change to what [confused] IMO the manufacturer spent tens of lakhs on improving the car's aerodynamics along with other things, hence leave the bumper be.

c. I assume you meant Body Kit. IMO, unless it gives downforce and all. Again mechanic guys will do the work, but be sure to buy a good one (the cheap ones can R-U-I-N the aerodynamics. And may even block air to the intercooler). Good ones might improve aerodynamics and downforce. And be sure that it goes over speed breakers. If you decide to use one but ground clearance takes a beating, and raise the car by using better shocks, be sure to take a look at this clip:

All the best!
Thansk for your advice . I prefer as fist image i attached in this thread. i feel that one would be fine choice . what you think

Thansk for your advice . I prefer as fist image i attached in this thread. i feel that one would be fine choice . what you think
That is a good car, but is it likely that you get the same kit? The GC looks reasonable. Alloys look sweet! I don't think anything should go wrong.

Finding things is the hard part; if they sell these bumpers and bodykits half the work is done. If you know the person to whom the car belongs, it is great.
I have no experience whatsoever, so please excuse any silly comments.

Again, please make sure these don't mess with the aerodynamics of the car.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Wow man, I'm hooked
Lancer has been my childhood fantasy. and is the most mod friendly vehicle in India.
Thread subscribed bro..
P.s The small dog near white lancer is so cute!

What we need to spend on machanical side. I am new to automobile.
Check for the below items and repair / overhaul / replace if necessary
- Engine rebuild
- Replace Clutch
- Suspension overhaul
- Steering system
- Replace brake hoses, engine mounts (check for all rubber parts)
- Wheels / Tire
c) will remain same stability on drive if we Jacking up
I don't mean raising the vehicle posture. I mean jacking up the vehicle while replacing the tires

Thread Starter #9
That is a good car, but is it likely that you get the same kit? The GC looks reasonable. Alloys look sweet! I don't think anything should go wrong.

Finding things is the hard part; if they sell these bumpers and bodykits half the work is done. If you know the person to whom the car belongs, it is great.
I have no experience whatsoever, so please excuse any silly comments.

Again, please make sure these don't mess with the aerodynamics of the car.
thanks Shird , i don't have any confident to get it , I am tring. that was designed from Pune.

Check for the below items and repair / overhaul / replace if necessary
- Engine rebuild
- Replace Clutch
- Suspension overhaul
- Steering system
- Replace brake hoses, engine mounts (check for all rubber parts)
- Wheels / Tire

I don't mean raising the vehicle posture. I mean jacking up the vehicle while replacing the tires
hi Boss

- Engine rebuild - it okay i feel , I am not expert in this area.
- Replace Clutch - it seems good no issue
- Suspension overhaul - required, it's in my mind while doing modification
- Steering system - required.
- Replace brake hoses, engine mounts (check for all rubber parts) - required
- Wheels / Tire - as of now it very good condition ( bridgestone tyres). i my need to change when I convert as alloy wheel.

But I need expert to do it .

Wow man, I'm hooked
Lancer has been my childhood fantasy. and is the most mod friendly vehicle in India.
Thread subscribed bro..
P.s The small dog near white lancer is so cute!
yes , my first challenge is get the body Kit . please help me if you know any body Chennai / Coimbatore.

Thread Starter #11

All the best!
Boss, I am fine if it possible done in Coimbature also . I don't have any issue , out put should be up to mark. that's it.

Mr. Boss can tell you about it.
Sorry shrid, I don't have experience with custom modification professionals. Ask for a stripe down restorer (to factory specs) I have a trusted mechanic. They are good in mechanical works as well.

bhvm

Honoured Member
actually I'm far from any of famous cities and facilities. but if you want to do DIY style, I have a large Battery of ideas and guides. do check my guides on instructables website.

Top Bottom