Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDi Tyre & Alloy Upgrade

Thread Starter #1
Dears,

Well, this my first ever post on this very informative website.

What better way to start off with posting a query!

So here is the scenario, I plan to take delivey of my Ciaz zdi (silky silver) this coming Thursday on 25th December. I would like to take the car straight from the dealer and go get my alloys and tyres swapped for something else. The stock zdi Ciaz comes with 185/65 R 15 wheels.

So the question is can I upgrade this to 205/55 R 16 wheels? (The fiat linea top end model comes with these specifications for the wheels).

The difference in circumference would be 1.67% (within the 2% range) and ground clearance would increase by 5mm.

P.s: the Ciaz zdi+ comes with stock size wheels of 195/55 R16

Dears,

What better way to start off with posting a query!

So here is the scenario, I plan to take delivey of my Ciaz zdi (silky silver) this coming Thursday on 25th December. I would like to take the car straight from the dealer and go get my alloys and tyres swapped for something else. The stock zdi Ciaz comes with 185/65 R 15 wheels.

So the question is can I upgrade this to 205/55 R 16 wheels? (The fiat linea top end model comes with these specifications for the wheels).

The difference in circumference would be 1.67% (within the 2% range) and ground clearance would increase by 5mm.

P.s: the Ciaz zdi+ comes with stock size wheels of 195/55 R16
No problem, you can :)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dears,

I plan to take delivey of my Ciaz zdi (silky silver) this coming Thursday I would like to take the car straight from the dealer and go get my alloys and tyres swapped. The stock zdi Ciaz comes with 185/65 R 15 wheels.

So the question is can I upgrade this to 205/55 R 16 wheels?
Welcome to the forum buddy. The GC of Ciaz is 170mm as OEM, do you really need to up-size it any further?

Please give this a read before going ahead.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5
Welcome to the forum buddy. The GC of Ciaz is 170mm as OEM, do you really need to up-size it any further?

Please give this a read before going ahead.

Regards

Akash
Thanks buddy!

That was helpful.

The only reason I'm looking at 205/55 R16 is due to the fact that there are more options for the tyres. Michelin 3ST and Conti CPC2 come to mind, both of which are great tyres and readily available. The fact remains that 195/55 R16 is a very odd size.

Will increase in 5mm ground clearance really make a big difference?

The only reason I'm looking at 205/55 R16 is due to the fact that there are more options for the tyres. Michelin 3ST and Conti CPC2 come to mind, both of which are great tyres and readily available. The fact remains that 195/55 R16 is a very odd size.

If its odd size why do you worry?
After its life you can change it know?
Only for the reason of alloy.. You are changing the stock alloy you are going to spend 40k in total ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The fact remains that 195/55 R16 is a very odd size.

See, for us it may appear to be odd but for some technical reason the stock size is given as 195. By increasing the GC by 5mm, you'll be nearing to GC of SX4 which was 180mm. But honestly, the OEM GC is sufficient for Ciaz.

Dear Prasanth, I suggest you to read this. It will be useful for future posts dear.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
See, for us it may appear to be odd but for some technical reason the stock size is given as 195. By increasing the GC by 5mm, you'll be nearing to GC of SX4 which was 180mm. But honestly, the OEM GC is sufficient for Ciaz.

Regards

Akash
I think the reason the stock size is given as 195/55 R16 is due to the fact that this is the closet mactch to the 185/65 R15 tyres (specification of the default tyres on all versions of the Ciaz except the zdi(o) and zxi(o)).

U can check it here:
Car / SUV / Van / Light Truck Tire Calculations

Secondly, I agree with you that the standard GC of 170 mm is sufficient for the Ciaz, however it's not with th intention of increasing the GC That I want to opt for 205/55 R16, it is only because of lack of options for decent tyre choices that I'm considering 205/55.

A bit of a sticky situation.[thinking]

195/55R16 is a safe bet. If at all you prefer to go for 205/55R16 be cautious. If your driving is mostly on highways (to be more specific, no much rough roads) go ahead (again, with some caution)

Michelin is a proven tyre brand,only cons is with its valve neck.
Every 8 months it should be changed else can give you trouble .
Mine has clocked 20k km ,with wheel aligned and balancing checked at every 5k .
Out of the 2 incidents i have faced both are neck complaints.No punctures,or sidewall wear.

Its my personal experiences as the tyre shop owner had told a solid point- If you are inflating in a fuel station, they tend to strain the neck while filling air.
Planning to go for Nitrogen Air in my new ride.

Top Bottom