Selecting the Best Tyre Upgrade For Chevrolet Beat

Thread Starter #1
Hi there! I may be a new member for you, but I'm not really. Out of my 700+ posts, 98% of them were in the gadgets and more section. So guess what, I'm a complete zero in the auto department.

The car is 4 years old and 22000 kms driven. I know it's not the right time to change 'em. But the car's ride quality and handling is a bit too poor nowadays. Ride quality is kind of unacceptable. I don't think tyres are the sole reason for (I don't know if it doesn't even have a role in it). So please do tell me if the upgrade's not worth.

As the title says, suggest me the best upgrade for the skinny stock tyres. As from what I read, most of them recommends 175/65 R14. But what about 185/65?

By how much will the mileage deteriorate? The mileage I currently I get is already too low. Like 8-10 KM/l.

Sorry for these noobish questions. Please bear.

I have planned to buy Michelin 185/65R14 Energy XM2 for my Beat LS Diesel. Hope yours is a Petrol one and the stock tyre will be 155/65R14.

The same Michelin 185/65R14 XM1 did a great job in my Fiesta with 59000 kms worry free life.

Last edited:
From your milage, i guess you mostly using your petrol beat in city (If using in kerala, no point wether in city/highway)

Better to stick with 175 section,which is more than enough for the small hatch back. increasing the width will reduce the already low milage and also make the ride more stiff.

Thread Starter #4
I have planned to buy Michelin 185/65R14 Energy XM2 for my Beat LS Diesel. Hope yours is a Petrol one and the stock tyre will be 155/65R14.

The same Michelin 185/65R14 XM1 did a great job in my Fiesta with 59000 kms worry free life.
Thinking on going for the same model. But confused between 175 and 185.

From your milage, i guess you mostly using your petrol beat in city (If using in kerala, no point wether in city/highway)

Better to stick with 175 section,which is more than enough for the small hatch back. increasing the width will reduce the already low milage and also make the ride more stiff.
Yeah, it's being used as a city car and it serves the purpose well. But there are some problems now, will start another thread for the same.

I actually thought increasing the width of the tire increases ride quality.

Thank you for replying.

Top Bottom