Need Advice on Converting Car Interiors Into Beige

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI-gers,

I own a wagon-r vxi 2014 and would like to have all beige interiors. Can anyone shed some light on the mod process.

I'd like to have beige seat covers, bottom half of the dash in beige color. The mats and the floor carpet door pads, trims and the roof top(interior) beige too. (currently interiors are black and seats are like wheatish color)

Here is a pic for the reference of what I want :

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi buddy,

With all due respect, turning car's interiors to Beige might provide with that luxurious feel in the cabin but it will be short-lived considering the dust etc. It is not possible to drive with closed windows always so any exposure to external dust, smoke etc shall fade the interiors. Even a minor spot on them would look pronounced. Also, the Beige interiors need far more care than Black interiors. At the most go for Beige seat-cover and floor mats only.

Positive and Negative points of Black interiors:

1) + Less maintenance
2) + Doesn't fade away with dust.
3) + Can be kept clean with simple wipe of cloth and occasional polish.
4) - Cabin looks dark.
5) - Dust can be seen easily.

Positive and Negatives of Beige Color Interior:

1) + Looks luxurious
2) + Cabin looks bright and roomy.
3) - Needs lot of cleaning. Difficult to keep spotless.
4) - Mostly windows need to be closed.
5) - Fades away with dust and smoke.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Hi buddy,

With all due respect, turning car's interiors to Beige might provide with that luxurious feel in the cabin but it will be short-lived considering the dust etc.

1) + Looks luxurious
Thanks for the advice Akash [:)]

I'd just like to get the feel of the luxury once(I understand its short lived) but still.. I use the car very rarely and even when I drive its always with windows rolled up. when not in use its covered up in cotton cloth and body cover. (car is jus 5 month old [:D])

Any idea how much it would cost (DIY (if possible) vs body shop fitting) and where can I get those floor mat roll ( The one below the mats, I havent seen any of these till now on any websites for sale. I just see the floor mats). I need my baby to look best [clap]

Thanks again!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I'd just like to get the feel of the luxury once
Any idea how much it would cost (DIY (if possible) vs body shop fitting) and where can I get those floor mat roll ( The one below the mats, I havent seen any of these till now on any websites for sale. I need my baby to look best
Certainly! DIY is definitely not possible and getting it fixed by a good after market upholstery shop would be the safest. For the carpet beneath floor mats, I would suggest you ask the Accessory guy at the Maruti ASC or the shop from where you'll buy the seat covers. Good luck dear!

All the best!

Regards

Akash

Hi buddy,

With all due respect, turning car's interiors to Beige might provide with that luxurious feel in the cabin but it will be short-lived considering the dust etc. It is not possible to drive with closed windows always so any exposure to external dust, smoke etc shall fade the interiors. Even a minor spot on them would look pronounced. Also, the Beige interiors need far more care than Black interiors. At the most go for Beige seat-cover and floor mats only.

Positive and Negative points of Black interiors:

1) + Less maintenance
2) + Doesn't fade away with dust.
3) + Can be kept clean with simple wipe of cloth and occasional polish.
4) - Cabin looks dark.
5) - Dust can be seen easily.

1) + Looks luxurious

Regards

Akash
Nothing more to say here.
My cousin owns a wagon r Primea,which has biege interiors,i know the pain and struggle he takes to maintain it.If you really can afford that you may please ensure the following things:

1.While changing the dash to biege make sure no huge panel gaps are there.
2.Let the floor set up be Black(Won't be soiled up easily),if you want that too in biege you will get biege floor set up in a plastic kind- a lamination type process ,will attach image
Courtesy-team bhp and google

A similar kind of thing you will get for biege also,try that

Attachments

Top Bottom