Auxiliary Lamps: Queries and Discussions

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I’m new bee to the world of modification & hence need your thoughts to make a right call.
It’s been quite some time I’m thing of getting some additional external lights installed considering growing urge for night drives and the safety part.
In that front I’m read alot of stuff but the taunting part of it is the more I read the more confused I’m.

I want to install either Rally 500 FF or Rallye 700FF. Can anybody please advise on the below;
1 I have Nissan Micra 4 months old & during the visit I expressed my interest in getting the above said installed & in reply, show room manager said the above would cause electrical issues which could result in short circuit.
I have seen so many vehicle which are fitted with such lights, why would other fit them if there were electrical issues? Now would you all agree? Can I still proceed further? (presuming your are in favour of the light..im posting additional questions ;))

2.Which of the above would you all suggest me to opt?

3.Does the above mentioned serve dual purpose i.e night vision lights and also fog lights? If no, can you also please suggest an alternate that suits best for dual purpose

4.Could you also please suggest a reliable place in Bangalore where in i can get the same installed?

Re: Auxillary Lamps

Hello stalingard ,

Welcome to the TAI Family, we wish you a pleasant stay here.
Kindly read the rules and ask for any guidance that you may need also please share your knowledge on automobiles here.
The mods and members are always ready to help.

There are many DIY experts here and will surely answer your query.

Even I am looking for a proper fog light set up.
As far as I know the lights you have chosen would be good for night drives, but they may not be proper fog lights.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

I was of an opinion that fog light can also serve as night drive light, thanks for educating me Jayesh.
Will wait for expert thoughts on the above query.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Hi All,
I’m new bee to the world of modification & hence need your thoughts to make a right call.

1 I have Nissan Micra 4 months old & during the visit I expressed my interest in getting the above said installed & in reply, show room manager said the above would cause electrical issues which could result in short circuit.
I have seen so many vehicle which are fitted with such lights, why would other fit them if there were electrical issues? Now would you all agree? Can I still proceed further? (presuming your are in favour of the light..im posting additional questions ;))

2.Which of the above would you all suggest me to opt?

3.Does the above mentioned serve dual purpose i.e night vision lights and also fog lights? If no, can you also please suggest an alternate that suits best for dual purpose

4.Could you also please suggest a reliable place in Bangalore where in i can get the same installed?
Me and a few folks are already discussing on the matter over here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-xenons-headlamps-discussions-queries-68.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-xenons-headlamps-discussions-queries-69.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/3244-ineffective-headlamps-hyundai-i10.html

Read these 3 pages.
Suggest you meet us over there.

1)No, proper fixing shall not cause shorts however the warranty maybe lost depending on the install and wire cutting.

2) Did not understand what do you mean by Night light and Fog Light. I guess all lamps are designed to be used in the dark.

4) Would suggest you go to authotized showroom and install genuine FOG lamps for your model.

Last edited:
Are Auxiliary Lamps / Extra Foglamps Legal?

Hi, am looking to fit an extra auxiliary hella lamps on the front guard of my scorpio. would like to know wether it is legal for such a fitting or any specifications to be maintained to fit these? Actually these lights are offered by Mahindra as approved accessories for Scorpio.

Attachments

Re: Are Auxiliary lamps/extra fog lamps legal?

Actually any light above the height of factory fitted headlamp is not allowed, I guess.
If you really wish to improve light then HID fog lamps are available in market.

Yes , any lights which is not factory fitted is illegal , but if it is covered in city limits cops will not question you .Try Neolite as a less expensive option they have many model in different sizes , please make sure that you have a fuse with cut out which will not lead to any electrical problems .I have a neolite 1010 fitted on my Safari & servers the purpose

Front Auxiliary Lamps for Ertiga

This thread is regarding front auxiliary lamps on Ertiga. It is known fact that Ertiga headlamps barely illuminate path ahead of you. I recently brought Ertiga ZDi & struggled during night drive. I have upgraded headlamps to 100/90w (Philips Rally) setup with relay (Minda) after that drive. There has been improvement in high beam throw but I failed to see any improvement in low beam throw. I am not great fan of high beam unless I am driving on pitch dark highways & absolute no-no within city. I have Wagon R with Neolite 1010 super sports mounted on them. I sorely miss them when I drive Ertiga at nights. I am pretty sure that many of Ertiga owner must have thought about extra lamps or even would have installed them by now.

So I have few questions for forum.
1. I want to mount Neolite 1010 on my Ertiga. Does anyone know from where I can get it done in Pune? I don’t want to drill or weld brackets.
2. Can I change the setup of my fog lamps? Stock bulbs are 35w H8 type. I do not want to go for HID.
3. As of now my Ertiga stands ODO reading of 2033 Kms. Will I void warranty that has come along car if I go for Aux lamps?
4. I believe as I won’t be interfering/tempering with any of the stock harness, I should be okay with warranty but will the ECM pick up addition of lamps & will it lead to violation of warranty terms?

Regards,
Yogesh

Top Bottom