Installing Aftermarket DRL & Projector Headlamps

Thread Starter #1
Dear TAI members,asking you a doubt,
Does installing DRL and projector headlamps from aftermarket tamper with warranty.
If it tampers with warranty,what if i get it installed from ASS itself by supplying the necessary parts.
[confused]

Hi Vishnu,

Retro fitting after market accessories will impact warranty. I don't think ass will do it. I got the same done for my eon. What is the total cost drl+projector+ labour?There are projector lamps starting from 2.5k to 9k. Drl should be 1.8-2.5k and labour should be 1.2 to 1.5k. Cost will depend on which projector lamp u choose. Do post pics after installation...

bhvm

Honoured Member
This one is too cheap na,it won't look so appealing too.
I was planning to get a set of Osram or Philips Led strips and mount it over the fog like i 20
it definitely looks ages better than a single bar design of osram. then it's your choice.

is your definition of cheapness only centered around money?

Thread Starter #7
it definitely looks ages better than a single bar design of osram. then it's your choice.

is your definition of cheapness only centered around money?
The normal strip won't lastlong sir.My friend had brought LED -a chinese make,it did not last long.
Attaching image of same

What i was planning in fiesta was like this
Courtesy - Google

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
instead of going for projector, you can go for Osram night breaker or philips diamoned vision or xtreme vision and you can get it in pairs. these are very good. or upgrade to 90/100 headlamps with a realy kit. It will give you better light.

Seen this kind of lightings in trivandrum too , What's the brand ?
How much was the cost?
These are COB(circuit-on-board) type Led bars (dunno the brand as I din't check. The guy sells quality stuff so I don't normally check the brands. he showed me a Chinese brand and the one which I've installed on my car.)

Chinese ones cost 300 INR and branded ones are for 850-1500 INR. (You can't tell the difference when they are switched off, I mean they look exactly the same in appearance : "yellow bars") but when you switch it on, you can see the real difference. Chinese ones are dull and pale blue while the branded ones are bright whitish (slight blue tint).

Here is the pic of COB lights how it looks while switched off and while switched on (car in the pic is mine [clap]) :

It costed me 850 INR[:D]

Hope you liked it [embarass]

Attachments

Top Bottom