Installing Aftermarket Trunk Light in My New Swift

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

driving my new Swift around whole of last month, I came across a particular issue- when I park in the dark and open the trunk, I am unable to find anything in the dark. I discussed with a local mechanic and he pointed to an existing cutout in the left side of the trunk. He asked me to obtain a trunk light at first service from the MASS. But the MASS says there is no such thing. How do I install a light in my trunk?

Ameyam

Re: Trunk light in my new Swift

ameyam, Buy two strips of LED waterproof modules that is of good quality and wire it with the boot open lamp warning switch. Place it on either sides of the boot. It will lit up as soon as you open the boot and will be cut off as soon as you close the boot.

LED.jpg

Hi,

driving my new Swift around whole of last month, I came across a particular issue- when I park in the dark and open the trunk, I am unable to find anything in the dark. I discussed with a local mechanic and he pointed to an existing cutout in the left side of the trunk. He asked me to obtain a trunk light at first service from the MASS. But the MASS says there is no such thing. How do I install a light in my trunk?

Ameyam
I too want to install a trunk light i bought it from snapdeal but now its sold out.

My point is where can we find a trunk switch which can be located so that it will helpful to install the same.

Any switch is available at mass if yes can any one provide the part no of it.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/samcon-12v-dc-led-light/1084701007

Thread Starter #5

Actually,Civic-AT's idea is a BRIGHT one[:D]

I dont want to go for any solution that does not have a wiring harness or switch. Remember, my Swift is new and I dont want to mess with the wiring. Civic-AT's solution fits right in. So if I dont get a proper trunk light at the MASS, I will buy it

Ameyam

Best is to have a buttery talk with the Service Advisor or Manager at MASS. I feel 90% chance is there, for them to understand your requirement and would do it. Warranty would not be an issue, if done by them. Good luck.

If someone can post pictures and/or a "How to do", then ameyam would be able to convince the Service Guys, even if they had not done it earlier. Swift help expected from Team Swift.

Thread Starter #7

Dont worry Vijay, I ordered the solution that Civic-AT suggested. Its wireless and cheap enough that there isint too much damage if it doesnt work

Ameyam

ameyam, Buy two strips of LED waterproof modules that is of good quality and wire it with the boot open lamp warning switch. Place it on either sides of the boot. It will lit up as soon as you open the boot and will be cut off as soon as you close the boot.

View attachment 152582
Yes i think that will serve the purpose well at a cheap rate.[:)]

Where I can order this plug and play light ? I'm looking for boot light for my Ritz for last one year. Even Ritz's cabin light is also inadequate for it's purpose.

There is no more Ebay listing where I can buy the product.

Please let me know where I can order ?

Last edited:

Actually,Civic-AT's idea is a BRIGHT one[:D]

I dont want to go for any solution that does not have a wiring harness or switch. Remember, my Swift is new and I dont want to mess with the wiring. Civic-AT's solution fits right in. So if I dont get a proper trunk light at the MASS, I will buy it

Ameyam
Hey, did you get it? Installed? Please share you opinion on this cost effective solution. [:)]

Thread Starter #12
Got it but it is not the best product-

Firstly it requires 2 AAA size batteries which are not included
Then the light it gives is quite low. The light from my handheld torch (you know the one that we wind up by squeezing and has LED bulbs) is actually more
Then the finish of the product is not that good (see pic)

However, for 200 bucks a pair, not much more can be expected. I am waiting to give the rechargable batteries I bought a full charge to see how well it works

Ameyam

Attachments

Me too also bought the same light from Ebay (Thanks ameyam finding me active listing) and choose different seller at 170/-.

Received 2 Lights - one having fine crack on the bezel but both are working,I doubt how much it last as the switch mechanism is very flimsy - It may last in the firm stable ground but in the boot of the car with all added jerking, let see - Yet to find a good place to install as I don't have any parcel tray installed in my Ritz.

And the lamp needs 3 AAA Battery not 2. But Quantity of light it throw - I think adequate for the Boot purpose.

Thread Starter #14
3 batteries also required in mine, was a typo earlier. Turns out my batteries were low in charge anyway. They are still on the trickle charger at home since yesterday night. Will reinstall and update

Ameyam

Thread Starter #15
Happy to report- with full charge it has good amount of light and I need to use only one for now. Since it is installed under the tray, the poor finish quality doesnt matter

Ameyam

Top Bottom