Tyre Upgrade For Eon - Need Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hi team mates,

I'm a new bie[:D], joined today. I'm happy to have joined this automotive community. I'm hoping to gain and share knowledge on this platform. I reside in Anna Nagar , Chennai. Working for ICICI Lombard GIC.

I'm starting this thread as I've started mod woks on my Eon, 2012, 19 kms on the odo. I want to change the stock rims to alloys. I have couple of queries.[confused]

1. Should I go for 12" alloys
2. Can I try 13" alloys (in this case I need tyre upgrade)
3. In case of tyre upgrade can I go for R 13 70/165 (stock is R 12 80/145)

What will be the effects of tyre upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Note: Eon sports variant comes with 13" stock rims.

Congrats on your new buy! Happy Motoring!!!
Tyre upsize would give you more grip. But i would advice incase if your run is mostly on highways. If you have high city usage , then stick to the stock tyre size as it will be enough.
In case if you want to upsize it, please make sure you go through this and make sure it fits your car and % of circumference diffrence is < 3%
Tyre Upsizing, Tyre Upsizing Calculator, Tyre Upgrade, Upgrading tyres, Michelin Tyre dealer in chennai, Authorised Michelin Tyre dealer in chennai, Michelin India, Michelin Tyres, tyrestore chennai

Hi team mates,

I'm a new bie, joined today. I'm happy to have joined this automotive community. I'm hoping to gain and share knowledge on this platform. I reside in Anna Nagar , Chennai. Working for ICICI Lombard GIC.
Another Enthusiast from Chennai[clap], Welcome Karthick

I'm starting this thread as I've started mod woks on my Eon, 2012, 19 kms on the odo. I want to change the stock rims to alloys. I have couple of queries.

2. Can I try 13" alloys (in this case I need tyre upgrade)

What will be the effects of tyre upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Note: Eon sports variant comes with 13" stock rims.
coming to your Queries, (you said Couple of Queries, But there are 4 queries[evil])

If you want same ride quality/Performance/Handling/Mileage and want to maintain the car in Stock condition. Go for 12" alloys itself.

2. Can I try 13" alloys (in this case I need tyre upgrade)'

If you want to see your car more beautiful, outstanding, Unique. Got for 13" alloys. Of-course bigger wheels add the beauty of the cars.

Check the tyre calculartor before doing any upgrade and I suggest you to take your car to LAL shop(Opp to Sathyam Parking) and meet Mr.Yogesh. He will suggest you the best upgrade for your car.

4. What will be the effects of tyre upgrade?
Pros of Tyre Upgrade:
Better handling
Better Grip
improve the Breaking
The car will look more beautiful

Cons of Tyre Upgrade:
Affects ride quality
low profile tyres will damage the discs/Alloys
Drop in the Mileage

Hope you are clear with the provided Details[:)]

Thread Starter #5
you definetly can go for 13" rims no problem watsoever i feel 155/70/13 would suit much well and a better FE than 165/70/13
Thanks incarnation for the response. [:)] will keep it in mind.

Congrats on your new buy! Happy Motoring!!!

Tyre upsize would give you more grip. But i would advice incase if your run is mostly on highways. If you have high city usage , then stick to the stock tyre size as it will be enough.

In case if you want to upsize it, please make sure you go through this and make sure it fits your car and % of circumference difference is < 3%
Tyre Upsizing, Tyre Upsizing Calculator, Tyre Upgrade, Upgrading tyres, Michelin Tyre dealer in chennai, Authorised Michelin Tyre dealer in chennai, Michelin India, Michelin Tyres, tyrestore chennai
Thanks eNVe. [:)] it would be say 70:30 city:highway. i wanted the car to feel more stable thats why thinking of upgrading to 13 inchers. now it feels a tad unstable during high speed turns. i will check the % diff before finalising.

Another Enthusiast from Chennai[clap], Welcome Karthick

coming to your Queries, (you said Couple of Queries, But there are 4 queries[evil])

If you want same ride quality/Performance/Handling/Mileage and want to maintain the car in Stock condition. Go for 12" alloys itself.

2. Can I try 13" alloys (in this case I need tyre upgrade)'

If you want to see your car more beautiful, outstanding, Unique. Got for 13" alloys. Of-course bigger wheels add the beauty of the cars.

Check the tyre calculator before doing any upgrade and I suggest you to take your car to LAL shop(Opp to Sathyam Parking) and meet Mr.Yogesh. He will suggest you the best upgrade for your car.

4. What will be the effects of tyre upgrade?
Pros of Tyre Upgrade:
Better handling
Better Grip
improve the Breaking
The car will look more beautiful

Cons of Tyre Upgrade:
Affects ride quality
low profile tyres will damage the discs/Alloys
Drop in the Mileage

Hope you are clear with the provided Details[:)]
Thanks for the welcome AppU.

FE should not be a problem, so going by what you say. I'm thinking of upgrading.

Yeah been to LALs before (opp amethyst). had bought 13"alloys for my palio back in 2009. the alloys served me well. i have the alloys with me now as i had changed them for the stock rims when it was sold.

Btw heard abt tyrestore in greams rd to be a reliable shop. will check that too and post.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to get alloys in 13", you can get that online. I was searching for alloys for my Spark 13". Didnt recieve anything below Rs 16,500. Checked online and got alloys for Rs 12,424.

They have been delivered today. Looks awesome.

Thread Starter #8
If you want to get alloys in 13", you can get that online. I was searching for alloys for my Spark 13". Didnt recieve anything below Rs 16,500. Checked online and got alloys for Rs 12,424.

They have been delivered today. Looks awesome.
Thanks souvikjana83

Have changed the wheel to alloys. had a set of 5 hrs white alloys that i had taken while selling my palio[clap]. Will post pictures. was away on work.

Cheers[;)]

Go for 165/60 R13, potenza G3

One of the best tires, since you already have a set of alloys, get this one.
Here are few specs for you.
Thanks Varun560061 for the suggestion

Have upgraded to 165/65 R13 continental tyres.

Will post a detailed ownership review shortly.

Cheers.

Top Bottom