Dash Mounted AV System with GPS and Rear Parking Camera

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

just bought a new Swift. The I was looking for both a reverse parking sensor and a music system. The salesman suggested to go for Pioneer AVH-169dvd. This system has a dash mounted 2din type header unit with a display about 5" which is integrated with reverse parking camera system and has inbuilt GPS. Few queries-

1) Is this a good system
2) My major concern is that mt car, which is parked on the road, may be vandalised to get at this system. Anyone know whether the system can be removed like a regular 1 din HU?

Ameyam

Thread Starter #3
You cannot remove the panel but a thief can definitely break the glass & remove the system. That's what I am concerned about. The showroom reverted saying that could be insured against. But what's the point of insurance after your car is damaged? I decided against going for it & am installing a regular HU with a removable panel instead
Ameyam

Thread Starter #4
I am gong to the rear parking sensor + camera- mirror display system for my Swift. The showroom couldnt give me a demo of the system as the car with it installed had a battery problem. Can anyone confirm how big the display on the mirror based system is and is it really usable to help reverse. If the display is too small, I am thinking or getting it replaced with an aftermarket mirror that has a larger display once I receive the car

Ameyam

I have Torq installed in my Duster and the mirror is wide. The view is pretty good and since Duster has reverse parking sensors it is very effective.

Top Bottom