Need Advise on MGA Central Locking Device For Ritz

Thread Starter #1
Hai i just want clarifications on central locking devices

I have Ritz LXI trim with Auto-cop central locking kit but nowadays the central locking is malfunctioning as when i press Lock it does not response instantly take time after 30 sec i press lock it respond.

Also i have notice if lock instantly after i get down of car it unlock automatically due to this i have to double confirm every time the doors locked properly.So i have decided to go for OEM MGP central locking kit

Finally i have sucessfully updated my car from Lxi to Vxi i have noticed that wiring kit has in-bulit OEM central locking kit option to add device to activate the same.

I have enquired about OEM MGP central locking kit come with two models
I) Central locking with shock sensor - 4990
II) Central locking without shock sensor - 3990

I found another option that OEM central locking which comes with ZXI trim can be purchased separately with is locking module.
module cost is 4291
Alarm switch id 249
Siren assembly is 900
Hood and rear door switch is 229 set.
each transmitter 700

Also i i have doubt that OEM factory fitted key-less entry does ZXI variant comes with shock sensor inbuilt in the Key-less unit or its is normal one.

Doubt raised me because the Key-less transmitted has only two button (Lock,Unlock).

No silent lock or unlocking.

If any one has the ZXI variant can share their views

Can any one explain me the difference between ZXI locking module Vs Additional kit sold by maruti is worth

Attachments

Hi kannan.cnkr.

I drive a Ritz Zxi. My car came with a key similar to the one in the last picture with 2-buttons. It HAS shock sensors but you have to activate them manually (using combinations of buttons and a button on the dashboard). Their sensitivity can also be adjusted between 16 different impact levels.

It also has the function of silent lock/unlock. For single-uses of silent lock/unlock, you have to press both buttons together and lock/unlock button within 2 sec. as per your command. For permanent silent lock/unlock, you can refer the owner's manual. You have to use a combination of buttons from the dashboard and key to set it to silent mode.

I hope I have made myself clear. If you have more queries, then do ask.

Thread Starter #3
Hi kannan.cnkr.

I drive a Ritz Zxi. My car came with a key similar to the one in the last picture with 2-buttons. It HAS shock sensors but you have to activate them manually (using combinations of buttons and a button on the dashboard). Their sensitivity can also be adjusted between 16 different impact levels.

It also has the function of silent lock/unlock. For single-uses of silent lock/unlock, you have to press both buttons together and lock/unlock button within 2 sec. as per your command. For permanent silent lock/unlock, you can refer the owner's manual. You have to use a combination of buttons from the dashboard and key to set it to silent mode.

I hope I have made myself clear. If you have more queries, then do ask.
First of all thanks for your valuable comment's my friend.

I just now know that ZXI OEM keyless has these many feature's are available.

Also i want know how reliably this shock sensor works in ZXI as one our forum member Arijitb says even as fast vehicle crossing the car can trigger the sensor to alarm so he has disabled the shock sensor completely.

Is this true?[confused]

First of all thanks for your valuable comment's my friend.

I just now know that ZXI OEM keyless has these many feature's are available.

Also i want know how reliably this shock sensor works in ZXI as one our forum member Arijitb says even as fast vehicle crossing the car can trigger the sensor to alarm so he has disabled the shock sensor completely.

Is this true?[confused]
Your welcome, mate.

The only serious grouse I have about the key fob is the bad quality of the buttons. They are too rubbery and do not feel 'built to last'.

The shock sensor is over sensitive. A loud bike (say, a RE Bullet) passing from 2-3 metres away can trigger the siren. But, be sure that it will sound the alarm whenever your car is being disturbed by someone. Even I have disabled the shock sensor because it becomes too annoying when I park the car on busy roads. The sensors trigger the siren every minute in these situations!

But, the siren can be turned to lowest level, i.e. 10 beeps, instead of full blast, when you seriously need shock sensors but aren't willing to stop the full siren every time.

Also, I would like to mention that the sensor works on every part of the car (doors, handles, bonnet, front bumper, ORVMs, roof, etc.) except the rear hatch and bumper. I don't know whether this is a special case with my car though![roll]

OK, sorry to sound naïve but what is silent lock?

I just bought a Swift Vxi and I am not sure whether it will come with a two button or 3 button remote and whether it will have shock sensors. I would like to have the shock sensors sound alarm when the car is disturbed but not when a car passes by or a person leans against it because I park on the road.
Please advice

Ameyam

Thread Starter #6

I just bought a Swift Vxi and I am not sure whether it will come with a two button or 3 button remote and whether it will have shock sensors. I would like to have the shock sensors sound alarm when the car is disturbed but not when a car passes by or a person leans against it because I park on the road.
Please advice

Ameyam
Silent lock and unlock is mean that siren will not give sound when you lock or unlock.

For example if you come late in the night you lock the silently and go to your room with your parents get wake up i did it may time's [lol]

Swift VXI comes with OEM key-less entry but don't know the shock sensor will be available as it is mid variant.

Swift VXI comes with OEM key-less entry but don't know the shock sensor will be available as it is mid variant.
The keyless entry OEM system is same amongst all models that key the 2-button key, I suppose. On Vxi, in Ritz as well as Swift, shock sensor is available with keyless entry. It has all the programmable features of the top end variant.

Silent Lock has been explained nicely by kannan.cnkr, with a very much valid example also![lol] It can be programmed to remain silent always or one-time.

It will come with a 2 button remote, one lock and other unlock. The situation you are explaining (of how the sensor would work) is NOT possible. If sensors are turned ON, then they will sound with even the slightest of the sounds. If you don't want any siren, then you can simply switch the sensors OFF. However, you can adjust the sensitivity of the sensors, which actually doesn't change the frequency, but changes the sound of the siren, from 10 beeps to full blast adjustable among 16 levels.

The keyless entry OEM system is same amongst all models that key the 2-button key, I suppose. On Vxi, in Ritz as well as Swift, shock sensor is available with keyless entry. It has all the programmable features of the top end variant.

Silent Lock has been explained nicely by kannan.cnkr, with a very much valid example also![lol] It can be programmed to remain silent always or one-time.

It will come with a 2 button remote, one lock and other unlock. The situation you are explaining (of how the sensor would work) is NOT possible. If sensors are turned ON, then they will sound with even the slightest of the sounds. If you don't want any siren, then you can simply switch the sensors OFF. However, you can adjust the sensitivity of the sensors, which actually doesn't change the frequency, but changes the sound of the siren, from 10 beeps to full blast adjustable among 16 levels.
Sensitivity just changes the volume ? [anger] That's a really stupid feature then. My car would be kept on the road and there are R8 and Carrera's which pass through my lane quite often. Am sure they would trigger the alarm then.

Does disabling the sensors also disable the entire alarm system like intrusion into the car ?

Sensitivity just changes the volume ? [anger] That's a really stupid feature then. My car would be kept on the road and there are R8 and Carrera's which pass through my lane quite often. Am sure they would trigger the alarm then.

Does disabling the sensors also disable the entire alarm system like intrusion into the car ?
Yup, that's a stupid feature actually, but this is the way it is. Even my car, when kept on the road, triggers the alarm when noisy bikes (RE Bullet, etc.) pass by.

No. Disabling the sensors would not disable the entire alarm system. When someone opens the car door via key (or from inside), when car is locked, the alarm triggers. I think only the triggering of alarm (on impact) gets disabled through the sensors.

Top Bottom