Changing Stock Alloys of Tata Vista

Thread Starter #1
i want to change stock alloys of my vista
they are now looking so bad they are becoming black now chrome coating is 50% over [frustration]because of parking the car in open [cry] so can any one give me idea how much i have to pay more if i want to exchange my old alloy with new silver alloys which is easy to maintain [:D] ... the car color is grey

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Re: i want to change stock alloys of my vista

Stock alloys and chrome???
Am i missing something?

Vista Alloys used to black and steel colour mix. I think he meant that.

Buy back of old alloys will not fetch much.

why dont you repaint them unless you want new? you can ge decent alloys for around 50k

I don't fully understand what you mean. Chrome-finish wheels are not usually coated, but polished alloys of Aluminium. Regular finish alloy wheels are typically powder coated and this shouldn't wear out for an extremely long time!

Please post some pictures of your wheels so we can understand the issue.

Thread Starter #9

i will post a pic of alloy in the evening to understand all the things

You didn't mention these were aftermarket alloys. They are just chrome-plated, hence the wear.

If you want a clever solution, get the whole top chrome layer stripped off (or do it yourself) to give it an interesting matte black look. Also, it should last longer that way.

It really depends on the type, thickness and hardness of the chrome coating, why not just repeat the procedure you did originally that ended up removing the chrome?

Otherwise you could take it off with some 80-100 grit sandpaper. After it's gone smooth the surface with 350+ grit sandpaper and maybe even a cutting compound!

Thread Starter #14
cleaning with cock will remove the chrome coating i try some days back but it will cost more [;)] so i will ask a painter to remove that coating and do paint job for me [:D] but i m confuse about colour of alloys mine car is gray colour i think silver colour will be batter for alloys (old alloys just riping the look of my car[cry])

Last edited:

Top Bottom