Car Wraps: Queries, Suggestions, Outlets, Reviews & Pics

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

The sole intent of starting this thread is to give a source of info and benefit to those who are looking for car wraps and have various questions regarding it in their minds.

Today the car wrapping business has flourished pan India and many brands have entered the Indian market with this latest trend.

Please post any questions, reviews, suggestions, details of outlets or any pic of a wrapped car that you may see in your city over here.

This thread shall work as a small directory encompassing each and every aspect relating to car wraps pan-India.

Lets help the folks out there!

Regards

Akash.

Re: Car Wraps: Queries, Suggestions, Outlets, Review, Pics; Post here!

Is it possible to wrap an interior of a car??

Actually I was in confusion state either to paint or wrap it and most important what would be pros and cons of both?

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Is it possible to wrap an interior of a car??

Actually I was in confusion state either to paint or wrap it and most important what would be pros and cons of both?
Most certainly you may wrap the the interiors of the car. Painting them is an option but won't leave you with many choice once its done. Secondly, even a good quality wrap job may be much more economical and less time consuming than paint. Its far tedious to change a painted interior than to change the wrap texture of the interiors of car.

Here is a pic of my City Ivtec's front inner door pads partially wrapped in Carbon Fiber wrap purchased from Mumbai and got it fixed at a reliable and trusted person in Noida.

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

Regards

Akash

but bear in mind that once u wrapped your car there is a possiblity of water seepage inside and rust accumalation. i say this as i have experienced it on my sierra. although i hadnt wrapped the entire car only bits and parts. please correct me if im wrong

Thread Starter #6

Akash1886

Honoured Member

but bear in mind that once u wrapped your car there is a possiblity of water seepage inside and rust accumalation. i say this as i have experienced it on my sierra. although i hadnt wrapped the entire car only bits and parts. please correct me if im wrong
Dear, I have not experienced it even though almost 60% of my car is wrapped. Water seepage might have been there only if there would be a bubble while placing the wrap which ultimately culminated into rust. Otherwise, wrap is just a textured paper which does not harm car's paint rather protects it from light scratches.

However, In case of interiors, one basic and important thing is to be kept in mind i.e each and every plastic part that is taken out for wrapping should be properly fixed back in place. Every lock and corner should be properly aligned.

Regards

Akash

How is the quality of these wraps.. I mean do they really stick that well?

My concern is about wear and tear how long we can expect them to last?

Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member

How is the quality of these wraps.. I mean do they really stick that well?

My concern is about wear and tear how long we can expect them to last?
Well they do stick well. I got these door pads partially wrapped 1.5 years ago and still they are intact. All the more necessary is the fact that these wraps need to be placed using a heat gun and very precise workmanship. The lifetime of a wrap depends on its upkeep and certainly on the quality of wrap. If the upkeep is good then it definitely lasts for a good time. Prior to getting a full gloss Black roof for my car, the earlier matte Black roof wrap lasted for almost 2 years without any scratch.

Regards

Akash

Good to hear this made my mind clear what I am exactly looking for.
One more thing where to get these in Delhi or are they available online??

Thread Starter #10

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Good to hear this made my mind clear what I am exactly looking for.
One more thing where to get these in Delhi or are they available online??
Great![clap]. In Delhi you may get Wraps at IDE Autoworks, Retro Wraps, 3M Outlets, Karol Bagh. You can surely check out web portals of Ali Express, Amazon et al for them.

Regards

Akash

As I'm from coastal part of India where there is heavy rainfall and the climate is always humid just like Mumbai. is it safe to have a body wrap done. would like some light shed on this as i really like to wrap my entire car however fear it due to the earlier experiences.Have searched in the web for answers some say its good some have had the same experiences I've had so in a state of confusion

Thread Starter #12

Akash1886

Honoured Member

As I'm from coastal part of India where there is heavy rainfall and the climate is always humid just like Mumbai. is it safe to have a body wrap done. would like some light shed on this as i really like to wrap my entire car however fear it due to the earlier experiences.
There is no problem in wrapping a car in any state of India. As I said earlier, the quality of wrap should be decent and application of the same should be really precise and neat using a heating gun. Take my word on it, you won't be disappointed. I also stay in Noida which is near Delhi and mind you in this part of the country we experience scorching heat in summers, good amount of rains during rainy season and lots of dew during winter mornings but in the past 2 years as I wrapped my car I have not faced a single issue with the wrap. All you need to do is just take simple precautions of keeping the wrap clean and prior to wrapping choose the texture and quality wisely.

I have experimented a lot with wraps. My parents gave up on me[lol]. But I feel good that today my experiments make me slightly capable of answering the queries.

Some pics for you.

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_20140807_143830830.jpg

IMG_0595.JPG

I have tried all textures i.e Gloss Black, Matte Black and Carbon Fiber. In short, the car has been transformed into a clown now as per my mom[embarass].

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #14

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Sorry but i love first two pictures . In third picture it looks overdone
Firstly veerey, no sorry and all. I eventually removed the wraps from front fenders and canards also are gone now. The 3rd pic is an old pic. Now it appears sane.[;)]

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom