Is it Safe To Use Car Power Inverter?

Re: Is it safe to use Car Power Inverter

I've been using this for quite some time. I never had an issue (with my 800 sometimes the charger would go off with 90w DELL)
But with WagonR I've used this for 1 Hr in single stretch and works OK.

But, is it safe to use such products in car? What could be possible issues? Is there any other safe mode to have a laptop charger in car?

Thanks,
It is absolutely safe to use CAR INVERTER. Only precaution is that inverter should not be used for more wattage then specified for particular inverter. (So inverter should be selected as per required power consumption - that is measured in WATT - by all electronis thing).

Alternatively, you can use the authentic car charger for particular model of laptop (better than inverter, as no need of conversion DC to AC & then AC to DC, & watt / ampere are automatically matched).

Thread Starter #4

Thank you Kannan and dhoom9.

The problem with authentic car chargers is they are expensive and can not be used across models. The inverter would solve that issue. But, was worried about safety issues like short circuit etc.

Thank you Kannan and dhoom9.

The problem with authentic car chargers is they are expensive and can not be used across models. The inverter would solve that issue. But, was worried about safety issues like short circuit etc.
No worries. But do a double check as Dhoom9 has suggested regarding the Wattage of the inverter and the laptop.
I was using the same inverter (200W) with Dell 90w, with my 800 i have faced the inverter going off sometimes (but with charging only laptop switched off was fine)
With WagonR i have never faced any issue.
I used to connect the goodnight liquidator to the inverter to repel mosquitoes whenever working on the car (late evenings)

Top Bottom