After Market Horn

Thread Starter #1
Hello, twice I had fitted a particular type of horn, not one lasted a whole year. It's a motorbike horn fitted to a van. Attached links to some pics below.
The positive is connected to the positive (from the van's fog lamp circuit with the lamps removed) the negative to earth. Now the guy said the blue trigger switch wire can go to either + or - and I've always connected them to negative earth via a depressable button.
I've now replaced the horns again and should it give up again shall I connect the blue to positive? The in-line fuse always is intact and the power to the horns disconnect obviously when the engine is off. Am I doing something wrong?

Secondly, these horns have stopped production and difficult to source now. For those that know how it sounds (you have to keep pressing the trigger switch repeatedly to make it sound the way it should) can you recommend a newer horn for me please? Thank you.

Photos are in the links

horn1.jpg

horn2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly do you want to do and where are you located presently? Routing a horn is a simple matter to connecting two wires. Let me know the vehicle that you are trying to fit these horns to and I shall guide you further.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for responding. Well I live in London. Van is a Chevrolet Astro Day Van. I bought these horns from India. Yes they are simple to connect, black to ground red to positive. The blue is the trigger which has been connected via a push button to ground.
I haven't yet fitted the new horn. Is this just a case of cheap chinese goods as they seem to keep failing. Just to be cautious I bought two sets of horns this time. I'll connect them up as before maybe third time lucky failing that I will run a dedicated 12v wire from the battery for my next one.

Yes this definitely seems to be some cheap mandarin stiff ("Mo Chang Cheng"). Fit the new horn and let us know.

Top Bottom