Maruti Wagon-R Headlight Illumination

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

my preowned WagonR VXI 2008 model needs a headlight update. The old yellow lights- one of them is not original, is dusty from inside. The low beam is quite adequate when driving in the city and lanes - I dont want to trouble the oncomers and traffic with glare unnecessarily. But when I drive on the highway, the high beams dont seem to illuminate sufficiently ahead. Once I hit 60 or so, I basically have to trust the guy in front to alert me of any bad road patches. Also, I feel one of the lights does not project as far down the road as the other. Is there something I can do to fix this problem.?

Ameyam

Re: Wagon R headlight illumination

If the housing is dusty from the inside, you should clean it out and replace the rubber seals.

You could go ahead and replace both bulbs with better ones (Eg. Osram Night Breaker Unlimited or Philips Xtremevision) and align them well. If properly aligned, they will not glare oncoming traffic.

As viru said clean / replace the headlight housing , you can also install 90/100w bulbs with a relay[:)]

before you go for projectors, change the head light housing as the reflectors may have become blackened. I would recommend osram night breaker 90/100

Thread Starter #6
Well, i got the bulbs uprated to a 100w bulb with a relay. The housing is fairly clean, so the didnt want to open it. The level switch thats on the right of the steering wheel needs to be set in the dark. Frankly, i was fiddling away with it randomly, thinking it was meant for the fog lights. The light level has gone up quite a bit though i will only know once i take it out onto the highway next time

Ameyam

Well, i got the bulbs uprated to a 100w bulb with a relay. The housing is fairly clean, so the didnt want to open it. The level switch thats on the right of the steering wheel needs to be set in the dark. Frankly, i was fiddling away with it randomly, thinking it was meant for the fog lights. The light level has gone up quite a bit though i will only know once i take it out onto the highway next time

Ameyam
That is depend how much weight in the car- means how many passenger. Don't change that all the time just adjust in a fixed value

Top Bottom