Installing a Tachometer in Hyundai Eon

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Need your help in providing me information on installing a in-dash tachometer in Hyundai Eon Magna+
Have seen for tachometers from Autometer, Glowhisft etc., but need helping in installing, and from where the pulse has to be sourced to send a signal to the tachometer.
Kindly advice.
Thanks

Does Eon come with single ignition coil ? If yes you can take the pulse from it.

Can you try to get a service manual or atleast the color code of the wire for RPM which Hyundai uses. so that we can get the pulse wire from the ECM itself.

Thread Starter #3
Hey Varun,
Thanks for a prompt reply.
I am not sure about the ignition coil type, but i have tried to get the pulse from ECM in a trial Tachometer(Autometer) from one of my friends. It showed half of the actual RPM [frustration], i.e the idle RPM is set at 900 it shows 450. Tried with another tachometer also, but resulted in same.
My friend says Eon Iginition is a distributorless ignition, so the pulse is half of the actual value. I am not able to figure out from where to get the pulse and also whether the tacho needs a calibration or not?[confused]

You have connected to the wrong output from the ECU. I, for a fact know that most cars give a signal which reads half the RPM (have seen in ford figo). But you should have the RPM output too. Please check for the correct wire with the help of a multi-meter.

Take care while playing with ECM. Hyundai is costly :) IMO check with ignition coil to get signal

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
You have connected to the wrong output from the ECU. I, for a fact know that most cars give a signal which reads half the RPM (have seen in ford figo). But you should have the RPM output too. Please check for the correct wire with the help of a multi-meter.
Thanks sriharsha,
the techincian guy who was assisting in the installation of tacho had checked each and every wire of the ecu and conected to the input of the tacho, it was a trial and error but none of the wire gave proper signal to the Tahco.

Take care while playing with ECM. Hyundai is costly :) IMO check with ignition coil to get signal
Thanks rakeshkn,
Yes certainly i had told him not to hamper any wire of ECU since it would prove me costly.
Had initially tried for taking the pulse from the iginition coil but did not help.[sad]

Top Bottom