This is my 1st post on this forum, and it is for an advice/help which I need in deciding for an upgrade of the Car Audio HeadUnit of my Honda City 2015 VX
model. Following are my requirements, and then the available options, which I researched on. I currently have the stock 5" HeadUnit which only displays the Reverse Cam input as a Video. Otherwise it's purely a normal Audio unit, with Bluetooth enabled telephony. Requirements
Models Researched (My Budget is 20k – 30k max):
- View Google Maps on the Car HeadUnit (Primary)
- Bluetooth Telephony from the Car HeadUnit (Primary)
- Retain my Steering Controls for Audio & Telephony (Primary)
- Retain my existing Reverse Parking Cam and its input (Primary)
- View Video files from DVD/VCD/USB/Phone (Secondary)
- View Phone's screen on the HeadUnit (Secondary)
- Upgrade in Sound Quality (Secondary)
- Pioneer AVH-X2890BT – Within my budget, but has a limitation of displaying only a few Apps from the phone to the HeadUnit. Request anyone who is already using this to share if the Navigation Apps under the Pioneer AppRadio USB mode are good for India.
- Pioneer AVH-X5890BT – Within my budget. Same features as 2890BT but with a bigger screen
- Pioneer AVH-X8890BT – Outside my budget, but has the advantage of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay enabled. So can think for this if anyone has already used and can provide feedback
- JVC KW-V620BTM – On the max boundary of my budget. It is HDMI Wireless enabled, so can mirror the phone screen directly to the car, and all Apps can be displayed. The only issue I can foresee here is that I would have to keep my mobile screen ‘On’ to enable this mirroring, which would drain down the battery
- CASKA Universal System CO-AT 1624 – Within my budget. But have read a lot about the unit hanging and slow to respond. It does not mirror the phone screen and also uses maps of its own. Also not sure about the After-Sales Service for this brand.
So my request would be to provide your inputs if you have used any of the above systems, or can suggest any other system based on my requirements stated above. I stay in Pune, so any help regarding the genuine shops and prices would also be appreciated. I would be retaining my Speakers, because I’m not a big enthusiast of sound quality in the car, and feel the current output Ok, which is bound to get better on the upgrade of the HeadUnit alone.