All-New Honda City 2014 Accessories & Modifications

Thread Starter #1
308147_154068141347748_2143967923_n.jpg

City_09_Rr.gif

Anyone able to find the sun shades(detachable) as seen in the pics above? I have seen it for Ecosport and last generation City at my local accessory shop. Is it available in your cities? Or any online stores where it may be sourced from?

Re: The 2014 Honda City (First Look: Page 12)

Guys,

I find myself to drive difficult to drive in night condition because I'm not gettting the good lenght and good amount of light in DIP mode. I had to keep the High Beam ON always to drive in night. I don't like to drive with High Beam ON. I tried all the setting in Head light adjustment system. I'm not able to judge the perfect one.

Pls tell me the correct or best head light adjustment for night driving with low beam.
Even in high beam light throw not enough for me.[anger]

Re: The 2014 Honda City (First Look: Page 12)

View attachment 142286

View attachment 142287

Anyone able to find the sun shades(detachable) as seen in the pics above? I have seen it for Ecosport and last generation City at my local accessory shop. Is it available in your cities? Or any online stores where it may be sourced from?
Indian, the magnetic sun shades available with Hyderabad Honda dealer for all four windows. The Cost is Rs 6450/-. I felt it is costly, and thought can be sourced from online. But in Online I didn't try it.

I saw the installation of sun shades in Honda City. It sits properly.

The Cost comparison between the dealer and market rates for the same product. For your reference.

Digifit Mat - Rs 6500 from dealer.
Digifit Mat - Rs 2305 from Snap deal.

Look the below thread for more interesting details which was given by HR (Highway Ranger).

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/17731-magnetic-car-sunshades.html

By last generation City, do you mean 2009-2013 models? How does this fix on the window? and the cost if possible?
The thick black border of the shade will have magnets in selected places which will attract to the metal body of the door. 2 supports will be pasted in the door to give support to the sun shades which I marked in red in the below pic.

308147_154068141347748_2143967923_n.jpg

Thread Starter #6
Yes, the headlights are not adequate in City. Somewhere I read following options for headlights 1) Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W) 2) Osram NBUnlimited 55/60 HB3 bulbs.

I have not installed them as I seldom do night driving.

Any online stores selling the magnetic windscreen shades?

If we need to change the headlamp, how about going for a projector headlamps?

As I have limited knowledge in Projector headlamps, need suggestions from fellow City users.

Change to Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W) 2) & Osram NBUnlimited 55/60 will not give you much differnece. These bulbs are not at all helpfull at night on highway. In rainy season all these bulbs are same as stock bulb. These are from my personal experience. I have tried all these bulb in my brand new Ertiga.

If you really want to upgrade the light then i suggest go for 100/90 upgrade. (My recent setup)
Auxilary lamp from HELLA / LightForce can be consided for this purpose.
Or if the budget is not a constraint then go for HID with BI-Xenon motorized projector setup.

Thread Starter #10
Its definitely too tempting, I am only worried about the warrantee issue from Honda and from the Projector manufacturer.

@KALINGA, thanks for the first hand experience feedback. It really helps. [clap]
Welcome Sir.

yes any modification will void your warrenty. But this also depends on your Service center. Some service center just ignored these small modification.

But your safty is first priority then the warrenty. if you are not driving at night then do not go for any modification.

if you are driving frequently at night then ignore all these warranty issue and go for the upgradation.
Your safty is first. Why compromise this for the poor light and for the warranty.

Actually i was thinking on the same line when i bought my car.
But one incedent (i20 fall in river at night. 3 person was in the car. poor head light was suspected to be the culprit) changed my view.

Also the warrenty on headlight may gone. Not void for other parts.

Thread Starter #12
Your safty is first. Why compromise this for the poor light and for the warranty.
You are 100% correct, and that's what I said to myself when I upgraded my tires to 195 profile as soon as I got my car. And also headlights change should affect only the warrantee on headlights, but dealer can always say "your electrical system warrantee is voided as you have fiddled with the electrical systems". I think still there is a chance like that. But yes safety is foremost important. For now looking for 1) Projectors 2)Magnetic windshield shades for my car.

Thread Starter #15
They are the sweetest pair of eyes I have seen since some time. [clap] Just beautiful, and I think must for any new City IMO. Honda totally screwed up in the front design and this mod compliments this for sure. Now tell us how is the light performance at night? Is it stronger than before?

@All, what is the failure rate on these aftermarket projector kind of lights? in the even of failure are you forced to buy new set altogether? What kind of skills required as this involves breaking off the original factory watertight seals from the headlamp assembly and insertion of new set. Anybody throw some light here who has the knowledge and experience with the after market installation of projectors.

Top Bottom