Headlamps That Work Good in Rains and Normal Conditions

Thread Starter #1
Hi!

By rains,I do not mean super-heavy showers that hamper forward vision,but those annoying showers that just make the roads wet.The surface is invisible with my stock headlamps.Yesterday,I almost ran over a pup ~2 months old,on tarmac.Please suggest me a colour and technology (e.g. HID,LED).I switch to low beam when there is oncoming traffic,but the road is not lit up regardless of the settings.And the oncomers do not show me the same courtesy I show them.They blind me! And that means,I cannot see the road near me.What can I do?
Thanks![clap]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Headlamps that work good in the rains,normal conditions...

Hi Shrid,

The easiest way of finding solution to this problem is upgrading your headlight to 100/90w Halogen bulbs. It does cost you only about Rs.1500/-

OT: Are you OK with the visibility of your windshields during night rides especially when it rains?
If not, have a look at this link to make the windshield super clean, water repellent and glare free.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/product-reviews/15591-proklear-nano-anti-glare-rain-shield-treatment-windshield.html

Also attaching a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfOZtQGoZso

Regards

Osram night breaker 90/100 would be enough and also get a relay to be on the safer side. i have this bub in my safari without realy. it works welll even in extreme rain.

but a relay is recommeneded.

If you want a very bright light, check out hella rally lamps as auxillary lights or http://au.lightforce.com/index.php.

Thread Starter #7

ok course it does!

so does your

budget
times extend you want to modify
warranty
vehicle Battery

Thank you,bhvm.I never considered these aspects.

Hi Shrid,

The easiest way of finding solution to this problem is upgrading your headlight to 100/90w Halogen bulbs. It does cost you only about Rs.1500/-

OT: Are you OK with the visibility of your windshields during night rides especially when it rains?
If not, have a look at this link to make the windshield super clean, water repellent and glare free.

Regards
1500? Really? Great deal. But I'm a bit confused. What are the stock yellow headlamps? And the difference between Halogen and Xenon? I assumed that Xenon is the gas that is filled in tubelights and CFLs,as I remember reading this somewhere.[confused] Thanks,anyway!

Osram night breaker 90/100 would be enough and also get a relay to be on the safer side. i have this bub in my safari without realy. it works well even in extreme rain.

but a relay is recommended.

If you want a very bright light, check out hella rally lamps as auxillary lights.
Thanks but...This is the limit of confusion.What is a Relay now? I do not want too much bright light that will blind oncoming drivers,but keep the surface of road illuminated.Maybe I'm asking for too much,but I know the pain of high beams from the opposite side.Most of my driving is in the city.Thank you,again!

1500? Really? Great deal. But I'm a bit confused. What are the stock yellow headlamps? And the difference between Halogen and Xenon? I assumed that Xenon is the gas that is filled in tubelights and CFLs,as I remember reading this somewhere.[confused] Thanks,anyway!
Yea, couple of years back it costed me 300(2bulbs)+680(Relay+Wiring Harness)+100(Labor) = Rs.1080/- For the upgrade.
I went for Philips Rally 100/90w halogen. So far no issues it the bulbs and there is a very noticeable improvement in visibility. [:)]

Stock bulbs in low end vehicles are generally halogen bulbs.
Both halogen and xenon bulbs are filled with gases. But the properties of these gases are different. You could easy learn more about them by google'ing "halogen vs xenon bulb".

Its really good to have a very bright headlights, so flashing them up will make the oncoming traffic to dim their headlights for you.[;)]

Thread Starter #9

Yea, couple of years back it costed me 300(2bulbs)+680(Relay+Wiring Harness)+100(Labor) = Rs.1080/- For the upgrade.
I went for Philips Rally 100/90w halogen. So far no issues it the bulbs and there is a very noticeable improvement in visibility. [:)]

Stock bulbs in low end vehicles are generally halogen bulbs.
Both halogen and xenon bulbs are filled with gases. But the properties of these gases are different. You could easy learn more about them by google'ing "halogen vs xenon bulb".

Its really good to have a very bright headlights, so flashing them up will make the oncoming traffic to dim their headlights for you.[;)]
LOL, thank you! I'll check it out.

bhvm

Honoured Member
let me know if you want to upgrade existing headlamps or you're okay with adding external lights.

I always suggest option 2 because-
1.messing with factory lamps can cause warranty and safety wiring issues
2. factory lamps are often due to weak reflectors and not bulbs. stuffing them with bigger bulbs just worsens the problem creating glare for oncomers

3. high wattage slowly darken or melt the factory headlight and they're too expensive to replace.

Osram night breaker 90/100 would be enough and also get a relay to be on the safer side. i have this bub in my safari without realy. it works welll even in extreme rain.

but a relay is recommeneded.

If you want a very bright light, check out hella rally lamps as auxillary lights or http://au.lightforce.com/index.php.
Osaram Night breaker comes with stock wattage(55W/60W) i guess and which doesnt required a relay and that will give almost 100% more light of the stock 55/60W bulb without more heat. That is why we buy them at the price of Rs.1200 for the pair of bulbs itself.So we do not worry about warrentee of the car.

If you are going for a realy and 90/100 w bulb or higher watts bulb at almost same expense you will get more better lights but warrentee will be a problem, in case something happend to your car refelecter and you present the car at ASS for replece the same.

Thread Starter #12
let me know if you want to upgrade existing headlamps or you're okay with adding external lights.

I always suggest option 2 because-
1.messing with factory lamps can cause warranty and safety wiring issues
2. factory lamps are often due to weak reflectors and not bulbs. stuffing them with bigger bulbs just worsens the problem creating glare for oncomers

3. high wattage slowly darken or melt the factory headlight and they're too expensive to replace.
Can I replace the reflectors,then?
Darken? As in old Octys or other Skodas' headlamp covers? *All I'm doing is post questions.Maybe you could forgive me for that *:stupid:
On a serious note,I really do not prefer external lights.But I do not want to mess up the warranty.HECK, let me go to the acc. shop,most probably I will get a good thing.Thanks all for your help!

bhvm

Honoured Member
Can I replace the reflectors,then?
Darken? As in old Octys or other Skodas' headlamp covers? *All I'm doing is post questions.Maybe you could forgive me for that *:stupid:
On a serious note,I really do not prefer external lights.But I do not want to mess up the warranty.HECK, let me go to the acc. shop,most probably I will get a good thing.Thanks all for your help!
darken Means the lens and. chrome burns off and looks blackish.
no, you can't replace headlights reflectors to better ones.

if you are averse to external lamps, stuff some 35w bi xenon (motorised ) HID 4000k bulbs in factory housings. they run cool and provide triple light output.

Thread Starter #14
darken Means the lens and. chrome burns off and looks blackish.
no, you can't replace headlights reflectors to better ones.

if you are averse to external lamps, stuff some 35w bi xenon (motorised ) HID 4000k bulbs in factory housings. they run cool and provide triple light output.
OK.I'll talk to my dad about this.

Thanks![clap]

Last edited:

Top Bottom