Essential Car Accessories For Long Distance Travelling

Re: Travelling car accessories

A Full Spare Tire (One or more of them),Hydraulic Lifter,Jack,Fire Extinguisher,Air Freshener,Mosquito Repellent,Roach Killer :biggrin:,Spare Battery,Headlights,Horn,Map,Many Water bottles and a Seatbelt !! Thank you

It usually doesn't do harm to carry some extra engine oil as well

A Full Spare Tire (One or more of them),Hydraulic Lifter,Jack,Fire Extinguisher,Air Freshener,Mosquito Repellent,Roach Killer :biggrin:,Spare Battery,Headlights,Horn,Map,Many Water bottles and a Seatbelt !! Thank you
A 'hydraulic lifter' is what they use in workshops to lift the entire car off the ground, I don't see how one can take that in their car! [lol] It's also unnecessary if you have the standard jack. Spare battery, horn and seatbelt might also be a bit excessive!

But fire extinguisher and spare headlights are a great idea.

hydraulik jacks are easier to lift the vehicle with hence less exertion needed. very useful in high altitudes like lladakh trips where peole from the plains will find it very difficult.

Hydraulic Jack and Lifter are technically different things. I can see how a hydraulic jack may be desired, but really only if the vehicle weighs 2+ tons, otherwise the standard scissor jack it quite easy.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Hydraulic Jack and Lifter are technically different things. I can see how a hydraulic jack may be desired, but really only if the vehicle weighs 2+ tons, otherwise the standard scissor jack it quite easy.
Even if it's a hatch weighing less than 2 tonnes, hydraulic jack comes in handy. And mostly these jacks have weight limit of 2 tonnes only

I had to change a tyre while coming back from a highway trip at 8:30 pm.

Took me 20 minutes (for verna) if it was a hydraulic jack wouldn't have taken more than 10 minutes. Will buy one soon.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

my usual list-
spare bulbs
pieces of wire
plastic sheet (tarapaulin )
nylon ropes to tie luggage
tool kit (all in one )
fuses
medical kit and medicines /tablets
torch
tissue paper box
energy drink
extra pillows for dad
USB /tablet charger
camera charger
bottles of water
paper soap
warning traingle, jack
perfume
tyre mending kit
spare fuel can if needed (5ltr )
cleaning cloth
physical maps

things like cameras, laptops, tripiod, etc extra of course.

Thread Starter #10
I think i am getting all the interesting answers but along with them we must add
-Tyre inflator
-car fridge
-Jumper cables
-Travelling comfort kit ( cushions, head rest, ear plugs, eye cap etc)
-Emergency tool kit

1.)A Bottle of Break Fluid
2.)Powersteering Oil
3.) A bottle of Coolent
4.) Jack
5.) Spare Tyre
6.) Towing Cable
7.) Old News Paper
8.) Screw Driver Kit
9.) A Knife
10.) A Torch With Cell
11.) Mobile Charger ( & Lighter [;)])
12.) First Aid Kit
13.) 2-3 Waste Cloth
14.) A Bottle Of shampoo ( its useful when ur A/c isnt working and its raining Outside drop around 4-5 drops of Shampoo on a cloth and rub the glass from inside u will see there will not be any formation of fog on the inner side of the windshield. Simple But Effective)
15.) Spare Fuses
16.) Spare head lamp Bulbs
17.) A cutting Pliers ( Pakkad as we call it layman lingo) most imp tool
18.) Adjustable Spanner.
19.) All Necessary documentation as rightly said by Dhoom9
This is the list of what i carry

My 2 cents.
The list goes on and on. Many of these things comes handy,only if the driver is mechanically sound.
If a person don't even know to change a car tyre whats the use of all these? [lol]
The list also must be based upon the age of the car,the route and duration. If the car is running mainly on highways ,with the help of a GPS you can easily find a service center. If the car is pretty new you need not carry a power steering oil/break fluid and coolant.Almost everything else is already provided in a car.Like,a spare tyre,spare headlamps,jack etc.

My 2 cents.
The list goes on and on. Many of these things comes handy,only if the driver is mechanically sound.
If a person don't even know to change a car tyre whats the use of all these? [lol]
The list also must be based upon the age of the car,the route and duration. If the car is running mainly on highways ,with the help of a GPS you can easily find a service center. If the car is pretty new you need not carry a power steering oil/break fluid and coolant.Almost everything else is already provided in a car.Like,a spare tyre,spare headlamps,jack etc.
sir mine is a old car its a TATA SIERRA so i carry these items and at the end of the list i have specifically mentioned that this is what i carry.U may carry what best suits you. simple

Very nice suggestions.
If I am to take a tool kit(like the one which comes with a Bike or cars a decade ago consisting of spanners, spark plug wrench, screw drivers, allen keys, etc) for a long drive, can you gurus please tell me the spanner sizes and the necessary tools which I can take with me.
Cars now a days do not come equipped even with a screw driver or any spanner. Only thing available is the tyre changing kit.
I drive a Wagon R(K10)
Thank You

Top Bottom