Advise on Installing Lovato CNG Kit in Honda City 2013 (Type-3 Facelift)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone
I am planning to put LOVATO CNG KIT in my Honda City Type 3 Facelift model. It's Nov 2013 petrol car. Just would like to know from experts following points:
1. Effect on engine life
2. Any problem in insurance claim
3. Normal average with CNG
4. Safety issues if any
5. View on sequential kit

Pls advise ASAP.

Regards
Amol Mumbai

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
First question : what is your daily commute ? If your daily commute is less than 35 kms stick to petrol.

Sequential kit will be a good choice. I think it automatically switches to cng once it runs for a few kms on petrol. Correct me if i'm wrong.

1. Pickup of the car will go down , you will feel it. ( i have a normal cng kit so i'm assuming the same for sequential)

Since it will run on petrol every time you start there's no need to worry about engine parts going kapoot.

2. Ask the installer to update the RC of your car. It's necessary to put cng on your RC. he might charge you 2000-3500 rupees for getting this done.

And when you get back the UPDATED RC , call your insurance company and tell them that you want to add cng kit in the insurance. You need to give them a copy of the updated Rc with the cng kit bill.

If you don't have cng on your insuarnce you won't get insurance claim for anything.

3. I have normal cng kit in my santro. At 35rs per kg the cost comes to 2-2.5 rupees per kilometer. Car covers around 125 kms with 8kgs of gas.

Since you have a sedan price can go till 3 or maybe 3.5 rupees per kilometer.

4. If installer is good there should not be any issues.

5. For engine to remain in good condition one has to make sure to drive any car with cng , a few kilometers on petrol.

If you think you can drive your car daily for 2 -3 kms on petrol and then switch to cng you can get a normal kit and save your money.

If you don't want the hassle to change , get the sequential kit.

Hi Amol,
I used LOVATO CNG KIT in my wagon R, when i sold the car in Jan 13 the ODO was 82000. I never faced any issue related to CNG kit. Yes you can feel the power loss (not much though).
Currently i am using my SX4 with sequential CNG kit and am happy with this KIT as well. In about 8.5 of 9 KG of CNG i can drive around 125-135 Kms in my SX4 when using AC continuously.

To be true, i did not find any difference in normal and sequential kits if we talk about driving, technically there may be differences.

If you plan to add CNG then get your RC updated and once this is done then get your insurance updated otherwise you may face some problems while any claim.

Also these days you need to have a CNG compliance plate on the car, legally you will only get the CNG from the pumps if you have that compliance plate, these days the attendants refuse the fill gas in absense of this plate. when you add CNG to your car then check the date mentioned on Cylinder and make sure that you get a recently manufactured one (or may be couple of months old) because if the cylinder is 3 years old then you will need to take your cylinder for a hydro test and believe me it will be a pain. The hydro test centers are away from city and will take around full day to get it done.
Let me know if you need additional information.

Last edited:

Top Bottom