Hyundai Xcent Accessories & Modifications

Thread Starter #1
Hello Members,

This is my post in this forum. Got my Xcent S(o) silver petrol on 5th june, and drove around 600 Kms. I have few questions.

1. The OEM tyres are apollo 165 on 14" alloy. Can i go for big tyres on these same alloy?

2. Suggest me some good branded Leatherette Seat covers (chennai).

3. How to make sure whether my anti theft alarm working in my xcent or not?

Re: Hyundai Xcent Accessories

You could go for slightly larger tyres if you wish, but if you're not careful it could have negative side effects such as: Overworking the car's engine, rubbing on the wheel arches while tackling bumps/corners or hitting the inside of the wheel well when turning.

Simple, try and steal your own car! (Gently though [;)] )

I'm not joking, the best way to test your anti-theft system is to enable it and try various methods of getting in without disabling the alarm (Without being violent, wouldn't want to damage the car!). You could try using the key in all the doors, enable the alarm when you are still inside then try and start the engine with the key, etc. to make sure that it is triggering the alarm and immobilizer properly.

Also, find out how to adjust the shock sensor sensitivity and set it to a level you find suitable. A test I like to use is that the alarm should trigger if I fold the mirrors or let the windshield wipers fall on the windscreen by gravity.

Re: Hyundai Xcent Accessories

Hi Ramsan,

For seat covers, go with autoform. You should find some dealers there easily. I booked Autoform U smart line for my xcent @7k recently.

Racing Stripes: Suggestions please for My Sedan Hyundai Xcent

Guys,

I have decided to give a sporty look to my new sub4 meter sedan (Hyundai Xcent-Metallic White). Need your suggestions on this.

As a start, I have tried some basic Racing stripes designs using some paper work. Need your feedback and comments..

I used Stripes dimensions : Width 10 inch

Gap : 2 inch

Need online links for Racing stripes or Custom decals please do post it.

Thanks in Advance.
Raghav

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Regular paper? How is it fixed to the body?

Also, doesn't it flap around at speed and eventually dissolve with rain/washing?

Personally I think the Xcent is already a great looking car, the stripes are spoiling it, but that's just my opinion so don't worry.

If you really want stripes, go for proper vinyl material like this:

3D Carbon Fiber Black Twill Weave Matte Design Decal Vinyl Film 12 X 24 Inches | eBay

3D Carbon Fiber Silver Twill Weave Matte Design Decal Vinyl Film 12 X 24 Inches | eBay

For the DIY you will need an applicator (Credit card can be used), Masking tape, Scalpel, Measuring tape, Heat gun (Hair dryer can be used), a lot of precision, guts and time.

I would suggest watching a demo video or two before tackling the job.

@ramsan first of all congratulations for your new xcent, i would suggest you to install xenon headlamps in your car. since sx(o) is the top model but it missed the xenon headlamps in it, so that you can also have them aftermarket.

Last edited:
Hi Guys!

Can anybody tell me where can I buy floor mats for my new Xcent Online?

I have seen some options for 3D Floor mats on ebay but not sure if they will fit well in my Xcent.

Actually the Xcent has 2 Hooks on the floor near the driver seat in which the compatible floor mats can be fixed (The mats must have 2 Holes to accommodate the Hooks so that the floor mat does not skid)

Please suggest me some online option for a compatible 3D floor mat.

Thanks.[glasses]

Hi Guys!

Can anybody tell me where can I buy floor mats for my new Xcent Online?

I have seen some options for 3D Floor mats on ebay but not sure if they will fit well in my Xcent.

Actually the Xcent has 2 Hooks on the floor near the driver seat in which the compatible floor mats can be fixed (The mats must have 2 Holes to accommodate the Hooks so that the floor mat does not skid)

Please suggest me some online option for a compatible 3D floor mat.

Thanks.[glasses]
I got 3d mats from jazzmyride.com. They are doing a good job so far with exact fit.

@motorlover: Two questions 1) Do you own an xcent? Because in your profile it says Accent.

2) If yes then did your 3d mats have holes to accommodate the hooks?

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are few mods i did to my Xcent..
1. Changed the Stock Alloys 14" with JK Amazer 3G 165/165R14 to Onyx Matt Black 14" Alloys with Yokohama S drives 185/60R14
2. 3M CF12 carbon Fibre Roof Vinyl.
3. OE Headlight bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited
4. OE horn to Roots trumpet Horn
5. Top Gear Seat Covers (slightly Customized).
6. 3M CR70/RE70 Windsheild/window Tints.
7. OE speakers to Infinity Kappa Compo & Coax with 12" Infinity kappa Sub with an JBL Gt X646 4 channel Amp.

Attachments

Last edited:
3. OE Headlight bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited
How would you compare the performance of these bulbs to the OEM ones? In terms of brightness, light throw, beam pattern, etc.

Also, how do these bulbs perform in rainy weather?

Hello Members,

3. How to make sure whether my anti theft alarm working in my xcent or not?
To check the antitheft alarm ,
1) Lock your car with smartkey
2) Unlock the door with Manual key- it should unlock
3) open the door

your car will start Honking loudly. Press UNLOCK button on the smartkey to stop the HONKING.

Let me know if this worked? It worked on my GRAND ASTA(O)

Top Bottom