Would Installing Reverse Parking Sensors Affect Warranty?

Thread Starter #1
Hi

i have purchased Maruti Ertiga on last Sunday, feeling requirement for reverse parking sensors & camera, maruti dealer show me 2, 1 is only sensors @ 2900 & another in with camera @ 10000. i did not like there quality.

In open market i am getting Autocop camera + sensor @ 5600 with 1 yr warranty.

can any one tell me is it affect vehicle warranty or does not affect.

Plz share if any one installed it.

If the person who is fitting the camera does his job carefully and see to it that no wires are cut then there should not be any problem if any wires are cut then the warranty on the electricals is void

Installing parking sensors and camera involves the slicing of wires which may lead to warranty issue in future so i would recommend you to do that work at MASS only for peace of mind.

parveen, as per my experience no warranty issues will rise unless no other electrical system is harmed by the installation of the sensors. In the accessories fitment, people outside will be more experienced than the people who does this job in the so called authorized service outlets( As per my experience).

Can you ask MASS how can they install without voiding warranty ? And why any other shop installs void warranty. Ask them to give in writing.

Best is to buy the accessory online at cheapest price, take it to nearby MASS(not dealer) and ask them to install .

Can you ask MASS how can they install without voiding warranty ? And why any other shop installs void warranty. Ask them to give in writing.

Best is to buy the accessory online at cheapest price, take it to nearby MASS(not dealer) and ask them to install .

Any ASS done the installation as the people is accessory shop do. That is the only way, but ASS have sophisticated policy of company standards, approvals and bla bla bla. [frustration]
So for extra money all ASS plays such a mind games that's the problem.

You can get any accessory fitted outside in your car. However, please note that if there is any wiring which has not been done properly, or if that causes any electrical problems in the future, the dealer may refuse warranty to you. That is true only if the specific part has caused any damage.

When installing parking sensors (In most MS vehicles at least) there is usually no need to cut any wiring, hence the warranty will be unaffected even if you do it yourself. I have installed sensors in my own Estilo (DIY) with no warranty issues as of now.

For the power supply there is an extra port in the connector for the Right side taillamp, pass the positive wire through here and into the port for the reverse lamp (so the sensors are only on when in reverse gear). You can use any grounding point in the car for the negative.

The rest is a piece of cake, total should take less than a couple of hours.

Top Bottom