LED Headlights

Waiting for night images. ...upload soon!! [:)]
Price???
Will do it soon. I picked it up from China. Approximately 7-8k.
m

Edit: here are the night shots. It has a slight pinkish tinge. 4300K. 1800lumens.
Its. Cool man
Better. Than my hid I think
But throw of light??
Any long shot pics??
This Is from my waggy. Hid 35w
Does it have high low options??
Watts??
socket Type?
At high, both low and high led Glow? ?
Is it irritating to see directly? ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Its. Cool man
Better. Than my hid I think
But throw of light??
Any long shot pics??
This Is from my waggy. Hid 35w
Does it have high low options??
Watts??
socket Type?
At high, both low and high led Glow? ?
Is it irritating to see directly? ?
Yes comes with high low option.
Power is less than 35W.
Light throw is not as far as yours in low beam.
Socket is H4.
No. Its not irritating like a HID.

bhvm

Honoured Member
these look like 25w cob cree leds. the problem is that led die does not look one bit like the size and shape of halogen filament. as the reflectors are designed to work with filaments, the focus is sometimes not correct. also the small heatsink Means they'll last Less.

eager about your pics though.

Thread Starter #7
these look like 25w cob cree leds. the problem is that led die does not look one bit like the size and shape of halogen filament. as the reflectors are designed to work with filaments, the focus is sometimes not correct. also the small heatsink Means they'll last Less.

eager about your pics though.
If you are saying that it is like HIDs where there is no proper throw and scattering of light then no it is not. It has two LEDs. One on top and the other at the bottom. Low beam activates the top LED. Thus lighting up the upper half required for low beam. The same principle is used in filament bulbs also. The focal length is the same as that of the filament bulbs.
For high beams both the top and bottom LEDs light up and hence you have a further throw. [:)]

also the small heatsink Means they'll last Less.
I think there is a small fan (first photo). so the smaller heatsink can be accounted for.
I've been searching for a LED solution for a long time for my scooter. saw one on ebay. but not promising.

Thread Starter #10
What are the modules there for?
Those are the drivers. Which activates the low and high beams.
I think there is a small fan (first photo). so the smaller heatsink can be accounted for.
I've been searching for a LED solution for a long time for my scooter. saw one on ebay. but not promising.
Rightly said about the fan.

How did you convert your AC voltage in your scooter to DC. If you could please let me know. I want to put these in my scooter.

Thread Starter #12
They do look good.

Where does the operating temperature lie when compared to HAlogens and HIDs?
Lower than both halogens and HIDs. Its relatively cooler than halogens and way cooler than HIDs. Went for a drive with them. The glass was slightly warm.
Plus the lights do not have a startup time. They switch on at an instant as they are LEDs. Hence they are safer.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Lower than both halogens and HIDs. Its relatively cooler than halogens and way cooler than HIDs. Went for a drive with them. The glass was slightly warm.
Plus the lights do not have a startup time. They switch on at an instant as they are LEDs. Hence they are safer.
I guess kinshuk is asking the colour tone. that is warm white or cool white. chips look cool white to me.

look up at visionX website and look at their heatsink and quality for a a comparison.

also, what did these cost? and. please post output pics.

Thread Starter #14
I guess kinshuk is asking the colour tone. that is warm white or cool white. chips look cool white to me.

look up at visionX website and look at their heatsink and quality for a a comparison.

also, what did these cost? and. please post output pics.
I've mentioned that. 4300k. Warm white.

It cost me 8k. I've put up the output pics.

bhvm

Honoured Member
oh I see.. net here is not working well since 3 days.
can you put Low beam and high beam pics side by side?

stock bulb is 55w x 20lmw ie 1100 lumen.
this one is 25w x 70 lmw ie 1750 lumem. (due to heat )

is the cost worth that bro?
Chinese HID is 55w x 80lmw ie 4400 lumen

Top Bottom