Maruti Suzuki Swift Exterior Modification Kit

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Please do not use this kit,its total waste of money. Reasons. 1.ground clearance of the car is decreased resulting in scraping on speed breakers . 2. The colour matching is a problem. The plastic is required to be painted matching the original colour. 3. The kit is attached only by weak plastic touch buttons.It is not fastened strongly with nuts and bolts. The oem work will never be matched . Hopefully it clarified my point. Drive safely.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks mayank
I agree with you but upon a short conversation with them,they have asked that the kit is fitted with the help of nut and bolts.Also the kit is in dark grey color so no need to match color.

Surely the ground clearance reduced by much amount, so on INDIAN roads there are mostly likely chances of scraping on breaker. Also the material quality is really poor.

Instead use that money on some internal/external modification like Video Head unit, reverse camera, leather seat covers, tyre/alloy upgrade etc.

Hi gurus,

Need help... I drive a swift 2012 model, and recently upgraded tyres to 195 60 15, now i would like to fit the styling kit from maruti OE.
They quoted me 20k including front, rear, side skirts with OE spoiler. Is it worth?

I would attach a pic of my car for your reference.

The concerns I have:

1. Tyres have been changed from stock (165 80 14) to (195 60 15), is the GC reduced now?
2. Adding body kit now, will it impact more GC? How much mm (approx) will be reduced?
3. Is it good to go with the styling kit or an aftermarket headlight?
4. When 5 seated in car, will it be a problem with GC?

Pls show some light as I will be going to my home town in the last week of march. Having few advices from here, I would decide.

I would greatly appreciate your response.

Regards,
Jerin05

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Need help... I drive a swift 2012 model, and recently upgraded tyres to 195 60 15, now i would like to fit the styling kit from maruti OE.
They quoted me 20k including front, rear, side skirts with OE spoiler. Is it worth?
OEM Body kit from Maruti shall give you peace of mind if you really need it. Paint finish and fitting will surely be better than aftermarket and just you supervise while the kit is being fixed.

Here is a the kit that they would have for the Maruti Swift.

photo1458.jpg

photo1462.jpg

step0001.jpg

Photo1461.jpg

photo1460.jpg

The concerns I have:

1. Tyres have been changed from stock (165 80 14) to (195 60 15), is the GC reduced now?
Refer here

2. Adding body kit now, will it impact more GC? How much mm (approx) will be reduced?
Adding additional kits always takes away at-least 2-3mm of GC.

3. Is it good to go with the styling kit or an aftermarket headlight?
Quality is main concern for both. However, Going for a body kit is still safe than using a aftermarket headlamp and putting the wiring at risk.

4. When 5 seated in car, will it be a problem with GC?
If the car has good GC like Punto and all then not much problem is there. But yes with the weight that the passenger constitute to will definitely reduce the GC to some extent. 5 passengers in one time can't sit comfortably in Swift (assuming all of them as healthy adults).

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Any gurus here to enlighten me?
I am NO guru, but heard your call. Point wise answers below:

1. The effect of changed tyre profile vis-a-vis 1" increase in wheel size can be checked easily. Google it. Instant answers available.
  2. YES. GC will be affected. But, that depends on the Body kit design.
  3. It is good NOT to go with any such stupidity. Swift is a looker of a car; why do you want to spoil its natural good looks. In fact in ALL these LOOOONG years Maruti has come up with ONLY Two good looking cars; the Org Zen and Swift. When a lousy craftsman makes a good product, it is our moral duty NOT to waste it.
  4. Answer is again YES.
This below is purely my take on such modifications. I consider such activities as sort of racism; disgusting. Trying to prove to others that the car owner is bloody superior to other such owners. Remember the famous Dialoge "when you want to shoot, shoot; don't talk" ? If you want to show wealth and status get the big Germans. If you want to show off your taste in Cars, import a car with much better style and everything. Can't do NONE of these na ? Then why the hell we are trying to show off ? Spend the money on fuel and go on a few additional trips. I generally hate show offs who try to show what doesn't exist.

Sorry, if I offended you; this is just my personal thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with the others on this. Leave the Swift as is in terms of body work. If you have a lower trim, install alloys and the stock rear spoiler available at MASS in the body colour. Dont do anything else.

If you want a sporty look (and have a white car) go for vinyl wrapping of the top part, from the pillar upto the roof. Look up the internet for this, it looks good if done tastefully. My personal feeling is that this looks good on white and red only

Go for wide tyres if you want a more sporty look and better mechanical grip. I believe 195/60 r15 tyres will fit without any mods

Ameyam

Thread Starter #11
Hi Jerin, sorry for my late reply. Bodykits are not so bad things as people think.They are just body styling enhancements made just to enhance the style of vehicle standard design.Some people just want to turn faces towards them at every places, these are for them.In case the ground clearance is the problem. Other styling kits are also available with same ground clearance.

So if you want to have a body kit on your swift,go for it. 20k is right price.But just take care of the quality and color match before buying.Ground clearance of the vehicle should be 170mm minimum for Indian roads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom