Nissan Micra Active Engine Tuning & K&N Filter

Thread Starter #1
Hi , I have a Micra Active. I have heard that it is the same new Micra's Engine but de-tuned. Can we increase the power of Micra Active from 68 PS to 79 PS ?

Also I am planning to fit K&N air Filter. Any one can tell me the part number for the same

The K&N site has 2 filters for micra . I am confused with Micra & Micra Active.

1. Yes, you can increase the power to 77ps. You can increase it even further depending on how much money you are willing to spend.

2. No point fitting a K&N. Its a humdrum everyday commuter car - what benefits are you trying to accrue by fitting a K&N?

3. Get the 33-2060, if you insist.

The only way to bump that much of power is to do a. ECU remap.
If i were you, i would have been happy with the stock 68 PS on offer because that is good enough for a light weight peppy hatch like Micra.[:)]

Hey that's an interesting discussion going on here. I was not aware that we can increase the power of vehicle, and that is easy? [surprise]

Regarding K&N air filter, do let us know the feedback of this product. Do you feel significant increase in BHP? as demonstrated in their advertisement?

@Sam : Why are you saying there is no point in fitting K&N air filter ? Just trying to understand your point of view here. I am not aware about the merits/demerits of K&N air filter. Just read that its a reusable filter, which increases bhp (donno how? ) and its a last filter your car will ever need (Will it destroy the car? [surprise])

Thread Starter #6
I have ordered one K&N (33-2409 ) from us for around 3500 INR. Here MRP 5990. Will get for 5500.Will get it in 3 days. I will update you the feedback soon.

@sam. 68 is also ok in normal city driving condition though the torque is very low in 1st and 2nd gears. Needed to switch off AC :)

I have heard that K&N helps in that case..lets see..

Top Bottom