Plastidip in India?

Thread Starter #1
Its been quite sometime now that i have heard about Plastidip, there are n number of videos in YouTube which makes this product more tempting that vinyl wrap (at least for small portions).

I hav gone through some forums and found out that Anaerobics Adhesive - Cyanoacrylates Adhesive and Epoxy Adhesive Supplier and Distributor | Cosmotech, Mumbai is the place where we can order plastidip in India.

Anyone out here used this product and if yes where dip you buy it from.

I have tried couple of times to contact the above distributor but it was not of much use.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking to cover the portion where the name plate is in i10. As of now its body color(red) i want to change it to black.

Moderator, if i have posted in wrong thread please move it to the right thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
does anyone know a good brand and from where to buy it ? i saw another forum and most of them used performix plasti dip but i searched and can't get a link to buy from.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thanks bumpthat. I don't want to plastidip the alloys but other plastic parts. We'll let you know if i order and i got a quote from cosmotech which fatekiller has mentioned above.

Thanks bumpthat. I don't want to plastidip the alloys but other plastic parts. We'll let you know if i order and i got a quote from cosmotech which fatekiller has mentioned above.
Please share the details if you are buying it online. Can I use it for the running-board part, or will it look odd on a titanium coloured body?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I don't know how much durable it is.[confused] and i won't add it to the running board. There will be stone damage for sure.

I was thinking to blacken a little front and a rear part. Now i think normal black vinyl will be better. You should try the same for the running board.

Can ranges from 1100-1500rs per 311 grams and vinyl will cost just 500-600 rupees.

How long does Plasti Dipping last?

I've been thinking about plasti dipping my car in matte black, I just want to find out how viable it is to do. How long does it last and does it affect the underlying paint job?

I finally got a chance to try rubber paint on fiesta [;)]. Fiesta's door chrome trim was gathering rust although there are easy methods to get rid of the rust, but i wanted a change, so opted for rubber paint, after all it can be peeled off! . I did 4-5 coats on the trim and the overspray on car body was cleaned using a wet micro fiber towel easily .
Benefits of using Rubber Paint | Plasti Dip
1.) Peelable
2.) Does not require pro skills
3.) Dries quickly
4.) Transforms car look within minutes
5.) Affordable
I bought 450ml can for 150INR that's 2.25$ . If you are looking forward to paint your alloywheels then 1 can per wheel will be needed .

Video Of whole process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqFEIniuFlQ

Photos

Preparing
IMG_7366.JPG
IMG_7369.JPG
Rusted area
IMG_7371.JPG
Painted
IMG_7375.JPG
IMG_7381.JPG
IMG_7390.JPG
Overspray on RHS Mirror
IMG_7392.JPG
Overspray beside RHS Mirros
IMG_7406.JPG
Note the extra paint was peeled off! you can see in Video
IMG_7416.JPG
Completed! [:)]
IMG_7420.JPG

Last edited:
Hello guys , i once again did a plasti dip job on fiesta but this time i made eyelids using plasti dip . Fiesta eyelids were not available in India and buying from Aliexpress was much too expensive due to shipping and tax so i bought a plasti dip can for 120rs and withing 30 minutes i had eyelids . I have attached the video of the whole process. Questions and suggestions are welcome .[:)]

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_zgrELrpA

Top Bottom