Hyundai Verna (Old) Modifications

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am new to TAI
I own a 2008 Hyundai Verna. I've just added alloy wheels in it. Now i am looking for some mods, Please give your valuable suggestions.
Thanks in advance.[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hyundai Verna Old

Welcome to TAI!

Well, what is your typical usage of the vehicle and your requirements from it? Depending on this you can choose something to tailor the car to you as an individual.

Consider whether you want things like parking sensors, stereo, etc.

Thread Starter #3

Welcome to TAI!

Well, what is your typical usage of the vehicle and your requirements from it? Depending on this you can choose something to tailor the car to you as an individual.

Hi Viru,

I already have the Autocop Parking Sensors installed. And I also have the Pioneer 6050 single din Stereo with stock speakers. And Bucket seat covers...

Hi Viru,

I already have the Autocop Parking Sensors installed. And I also have the Pioneer 6050 single din Stereo with stock speakers. And Bucket seat covers...
Do you use your car regularly? If so pay attention to things you would like to improve or that make the car less appealing to you.

Mods are a very personal thing so this is the best way to decide.

Thread Starter #5

Welcome to TAI!

Do you use your car regularly? If so pay attention to things you would like to improve or that make the car less appealing to you.

Mods are a very personal thing so this is the best way to decide.

frankly speaking I drive it twice a week, cuz i travel to office in cab, so i dont get the chance to drive my car regularly... But i want to get Black roof done, and what else????

Any other suggestions???

There are lot of things that can be done. It depends on your requirements, usage and most importantly budget. Here is the list of things that i can think of getting done as after market mods.
1. Double Din HU
2. Component Speakers
3. Bass Tube
4. Black Roof - Taping
5. Black Stripes on the hood and boot. Have a look at mine: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...t-3-lacs-bought-skoda-octavia.html#post378806
6, Rear view camera
7. Spoiler
8. HID Kits
9. LED ligths - On the hood, can be used as DRL's
10. Side skirts
11. Scoop on the Hood.
12. Interior LED lighting
13. Adding scuff plates
14. Sun Visors
15. Smoked Headlamps and Tail lamps
16. Adding alloys - but you already have them
17. 3D floor mats

Last edited:
If you want your roof blacked out, you can choose between gloss effect, 3D Carbon Fibre effect or matte black effect vinyls. I would not recommend the matt black because although it looks very cool it can lose its finish very rapidly if not thoroughly looked after.

As singh890 suggests, the stereo is always something you can do if you really find it necessary. But component speakers can be a bit precarious in the back of the vehicle, best stick to coaxials there and have components in the front.

If you are satisfied with your current audio system though, a bass tube will probably be unnecessary.

Stripes and fake scoops on a verna? No offense to anyone but the verna is quite an elegant car, no need to spoil it with chintzy decor! Also a spoiler is just a waste of money with a front-wheel drive car, can also compromise high-speed stability noticeably.

If your parking sensors have a distance readout a rear-view camera would only be more confusing.

HID kit is a pretty good idea. If you choose a decent colour temperature (~4300K) and align them properly they not only look great but increase visibility at night significantly! DRL's are a very personal thing, I would recommend a DRL kit which is integrated into the headlamps or foglamps rather than just held on with tape.

Do NOT smoke your lamps. A massive risk to road safety, even a light tint can be quite a road hazard! Smoking your lamps never ends well.

Thread Starter #8
There are lot of things that can be done. It depends on your requirements, usage and most importantly budget. Here is the list of things that i can think of getting done as after market mods.
1. Double Din HU
2. Component Speakers
3. Bass Tube
4. Black Roof - Taping
5. Black Stripes on the hood and boot. Have a look at mine: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...t-3-lacs-bought-skoda-octavia.html#post378806
6, Rear view camera
7. Spoiler
8. HID Kits
9. LED ligths - On the hood, can be used as DRL's
10. Side skirts
11. Scoop on the Hood.
12. Interior LED lighting
13. Adding scuff plates
14. Sun Visors
15. Smoked Headlamps and Tail lamps
16. Adding alloys - but you already have them
17. 3D floor mats
Singh Saab,

Thanks so much for your inputs too...

I think i wanna go with:

1. Black Roof - Taping
2. Component Speakers
3. Bass Tube
4. Sun Visors
5. Smoked Tail lamps
6. 3D floor mats
7. Adding scuff plates
8. DRLs

I think i do not need the Double din HU because I've single din Pioneer 6050 HU, and i think its best in single dins.

I dont need the Rear View Cam cuz i already have rev Parking Sensors.

I dont like the HIDs without Projectors, n installing Projectors will be over budgeted.

And if you are talking about interior LED for basic interior Lamp, then I already have it. (IF YOU MEANT SOMETHING ELSE THEN DO UPDATE ME) [confused]

IMO the below mentioned things will look overdone

Black Stripes on the hood and boot.

Spoiler

Side skirts

Scoop on the Hood.

Thread Starter #9
If you want your roof blacked out, you can choose between gloss effect, 3D Carbon Fibre effect or matte black effect vinyls. I would not recommend the matt black because although it looks very cool it can lose its finish very rapidly if not thoroughly looked after.

As singh890 suggests, the stereo is always something you can do if you really find it necessary. But component speakers can be a bit precarious in the back of the vehicle, best stick to coaxials there and have components in the front.

If you are satisfied with your current audio system though, a bass tube will probably be unnecessary.

Stripes and fake scoops on a verna? No offense to anyone but the verna is quite an elegant car, no need to spoil it with chintzy decor! Also a spoiler is just a waste of money with a front-wheel drive car, can also compromise high-speed stability noticeably.

If your parking sensors have a distance readout a rear-view camera would only be more confusing.

HID kit is a pretty good idea. If you choose a decent colour temperature (~4300K) and align them properly they not only look great but increase visibility at night significantly! DRL's are a very personal thing, I would recommend a DRL kit which is integrated into the headlamps or foglamps rather than just held on with tape.

Do NOT smoke your lamps. A massive risk to road safety, even a light tint can be quite a road hazard! Smoking your lamps never ends well.
Hi Viru,

I am planning to go with glossy black roof.

and in terms of music system I'll add a gud 4 channel Amp and Subwoofer(in the glass box).

n I agree stipes and scoop and spoiler will look vry mch overdone.(n personally i dnt like these things in Old Verna, cuz it does not have that sporty look)

and i dnt find a need of rear cam as I've installed rear sensors with distance on rear View Mirror(AutoCop Parkpro Reverse Parking Sensor) its model p9000(I thnk).

HIDs with projectors i believe is over budgeted

n I am thnkng of getting just the tail lamps smoked.

As i said it's upto you what you want to get and what not.

Taping on hood and trunk is subjective in looks.

Rest can you post some pics of your car, inside and out.

Hi Viru,

I am planning to go with glossy black roof.

and in terms of music system I'll add a gud 4 channel Amp and Subwoofer(in the glass box).

n I agree stipes and scoop and spoiler will look vry mch overdone.(n personally i dnt like these things in Old Verna, cuz it does not have that sporty look)

and i dnt find a need of rear cam as I've installed rear sensors with distance on rear View Mirror(AutoCop Parkpro Reverse Parking Sensor) its model p9000(I thnk).

HIDs with projectors i believe is over budgeted

n I am thnkng of getting just the tail lamps smoked.
Looking forward to the results. Especially the Sub in a glass box, that sounds very promising!

Just be very careful with smoking the tail-lamps, I can't count how many times I nearly hit the vehicle in front because the idiot smoked his taillamps so dark the lights aren't visible in the sun.

Thread Starter #13
Looking forward to the results. Especially the Sub in a glass box, that sounds very promising!

Just be very careful with smoking the tail-lamps, I can't count how many times I nearly hit the vehicle in front because the idiot smoked his taillamps so dark the lights aren't visible in the sun.
Viru,

Haven't you seen the Sub in the wooden box with glass on one side????

and DW bro because I'll not get it smoked dark, it'll be light.

But 1st lemme get the approval from my dad, because whenever I ask him to do some mods in car, he always deny. so lemme 1st get the approval. :P

Oh, you meant just one side of glass? That will still look good but I was visualizing an entirely glass box. Full glass box is also possible, but you have to make sure you use plexiglas or perspex so it's strong.

Good luck persuading him!

Thread Starter #15
Oh, you meant just one side of glass? That will still look good but I was visualizing an entirely glass box. Full glass box is also possible, but you have to make sure you use plexiglas or perspex so it's strong.

Good luck persuading him!
yeah bro because IMO it will be very difficult to seal the full glass box, and it may burst due to bass..:P

and i hope he'll get persuaded this time. [;)]

Top Bottom