Suzuki SX4 Stock Project Headlamps

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm new here.
My dad procured the stock SX4 projector headlights when he had been to China. Fits like a glove. What is your opinion about it? Also the fog lights have been replaced with LED ones. Yes they are for left hand drive but I'm trying to figure out how to change them for right hand drive.

Attachments

Looks good.
How much did they cost?
Can you please post some night snaps and day light snaps of entire front view?

May be you can take pictures from inside the car, to check the night visibility.

Check out 3 things :

- heating of assembly surface.

- Since it is Made in China, try to keep front bonnet in shade away from harsh sunlight, high possibility of getting Lamp lens yellow/pale yellow.

- Check for high pressure water spray during washing.

Thread Starter #5
May be you can take pictures from inside the car, to check the night visibility.

Check out 3 things :

- heating of assembly surface.

- Since it is Made in China, try to keep front bonnet in shade away from harsh sunlight, high possibility of getting Lamp lens yellow/pale yellow.

- Check for high pressure water spray during washing.
Hmmm. He asked for a front view of the car at night with lights on if I'm not wrong.

Its an OEM part. Its available stock on the Chinese SX4. I highly doubt Suzuki will allow them to manufacture it if the lamp lens fades.

Given it for service after installing the headlights. They do a standard pressure wash. No water has entered into the assembly nor will it enter.

Like I said only issue is the beam pattern. Since it made for a LHD car.

That's one awesome light throw up there !

The beam looks deviated a bit right though (as you mentioned it is for left hand drive).

Have you figured out any way to get it corrected ?

Thread Starter #8
Re: Suzuki SX4 Stock Projector Headlamps

That's one awesome light throw up there !

The beam looks deviated a bit right though (as you mentioned it is for left hand drive).

Have you figured out any way to get it corrected ?
Actually when you sit in the car the left side high beam is low and the right side is high. Maybe because of the angle at which the picture is taken the light looks like its deviated to the right.

I've lowered it as low as possible so that the cutoff is just at the car bumper level. Only if you're on the extreme right the light goes up and hits the oncoming traffic.

i am looking for the same assembly headlamps like for a year can you please give some more details??..

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from Indonesia my friend. I have the similar car with you, which originally runs standard Halogen H4 bulb headlights.
Hey, and what a coincidence, I also procure myself a new set of projector headlights in my visit to China. Now that I'm still in China and will be back to Indonesia next month.
By the way, I noticed the last picture of your posts, it seems that the high beam are on, but the main light (projector) are turned off. That not supposed to happen, since basically they both has to turn on in the same time during high beam mode.
Are you using a converter cable from H4 to the new projector headlights? I am also doing the same thing, and are afraid of that thing happens.

Hi guys. I'm new here.
My dad procured the stock SX4 projector headlights when he had been to China. Fits like a glove. What is your opinion about it? Also the fog lights have been replaced with LED ones. Yes they are for left hand drive but I'm trying to figure out how to change them for right hand drive.

Thread Starter #11
Greetings from Indonesia my friend. I have the similar car with you, which originally runs standard Halogen H4 bulb headlights.
Hey, and what a coincidence, I also procure myself a new set of projector headlights in my visit to China. Now that I'm still in China and will be back to Indonesia next month.
By the way, I noticed the last picture of your posts, it seems that the high beam are on, but the main light (projector) are turned off. That not supposed to happen, since basically they both has to turn on in the same time during high beam mode.
Are you using a converter cable from H4 to the new projector headlights? I am also doing the same thing, and are afraid of that thing happens.
Hi
Yes I was initially having only high beam switched on while the projector was off. I've got auto headlights function installed in my car which allows both the lights to be switched on when I put high beam. Stock wiring does not allow for both low and high beam to be switched on simultaneously. However when you do use only high beam it does light up the road pretty well. So only the high beam should suffice. You can modify the wiring to have both of them on.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Nik,
1> you cannot switch LHD to RHD headlights just simply as the difference in is Cutoff patterns & Reflector itself. If you're driving with Wrong Headlights, you're sending glare on oncoming traffic While you have poor illumination to yourself.

2> The Fogs in Photo looks useless at best. It's a torch type pattern with No Cutoff & no Beam width. Better have them removed.

Hi,
Any wiring change suggestion? I might better make both lights turned on in high beam mode. As well as considering dual LED bulb for the light. Now I just purchased a LED for the low beam (H7 Bulb) and also considering another H7 LED bulb for the high beam. Should be look striking.

Hi
Yes I was initially having only high beam switched on while the projector was off. I've got auto headlights function installed in my car which allows both the lights to be switched on when I put high beam. Stock wiring does not allow for both low and high beam to be switched on simultaneously. However when you do use only high beam it does light up the road pretty well. So only the high beam should suffice. You can modify the wiring to have both of them on.

Thread Starter #14
Nik,
1> you cannot switch LHD to RHD headlights just simply as the difference in is Cutoff patterns & Reflector itself. If you're driving with Wrong Headlights, you're sending glare on oncoming traffic While you have poor illumination to yourself.

2> The Fogs in Photo looks useless at best. It's a torch type pattern with No Cutoff & no Beam width. Better have them removed.
Hi
1. The LHD RHD issue has been taken care of. Sorry for not updating. The cutoff shield has been made into a flat one. So no issues with that. Also the illumination is much better than reflectors. I am using it hence I know. I think you must have tried it in your XUV500 if I can recall correctly. HIDs in halogen projectors do work well. Unless it's Chinese aftermarket. I've switched over to LEDs so it's more efficient. Specifically 4300k.

2. People mistake foglights to be driving lights. If one has installed a LED light bar and drive with those switched on, the amount of glare which is visible even if it has been properly aligned, it is way too much. Fog lights are meant for the vehicle to be visible in fog from a far distance. Not for you to see the road. While the LEDs in the fog light I've installed do glare a little, they are not to be used in city. Unlike a few people who install HIDs in them and blind oncoming traffic. Hence ideally fog lights should have a low cutoff and should throw a wide beam which is what is visible in the picture. Maybe due to the high beam being switched on as well the cutoff may not be clearly visible but I assure you it's there.

Hope that clears out any issues. :)

Hi,
Any wiring change suggestion? I might better make both lights turned on in high beam mode. As well as considering dual LED bulb for the light. Now I just purchased a LED for the low beam (H7 Bulb) and also considering another H7 LED bulb for the high beam. Should be look striking.
You should use a relay to have both of them switched on. I've installed LEDs in the current headlights. You might need to buy a seperate dust cap for both the beams since the existing ones need a hole to fit the motor or belt depending on whichever type of LED you are using. I'm using belt since there is no issue of fan failing. Here in India a lot of dust collects making the fan prematurely fail. The existing wiring cannot be used with the indicators as well as position lights. You need a 4 pin connector to match with the one present in the headlight.

How have you planned to install the levelling motor? I don't know how to switch from the old to the new. If you could put up a step by step process for me that would be helpful. :)

bhvm

Honoured Member
Welcome Back Nick, I will reply in BOLD.

Hi
1. The LHD RHD issue has been taken care of. Sorry for not updating. The cutoff shield has been made into a flat one. So no issues with that. Also the illumination is much better than reflectors. I am using it hence I know. I think you must have tried it in your XUV500 if I can recall correctly. HIDs in halogen projectors do work well. Unless it's Chinese aftermarket. I've switched over to LEDs so it's more efficient. Specifically 4300k.

Thats Great. How did you find 4300k LEDs? Are these with Swappable Yellow Glasses on?
And With flat cutoffs, you have solved the glare problem, but you also miss out on raised step (left) which throws lights on Pedestrians, Failed trucks, potholes etc.

My XUV Projector have a very strong Left side step.

2. People mistake foglights to be driving lights. If one has installed a LED light bar and drive with those switched on, the amount of glare which is visible even if it has been properly aligned, it is way too much.

People Mistake everything. There are 8~10 types of Forward vehicle illumination patterns. I've hardly met anyone who very properly understands these.
The Best place to learn about these is Visit Candlepowerforums & meet the experts there

LED Light bars are in the faith of Off road use. They're unethical & Illegal to use on roads

Fog lights are meant for the vehicle to be visible in fog from a far distance. Not for you to see the road.

You are getting confused between Conspicuity (Being seen) and Forward Vision (Seeing). Rear Fogs & DRLs are for Conspicuity. They make your vehicle more visible on road, esp in adverse situation.

Forward fogs, on the other hand provide a Wide, Flat beam with inbuilt Glare shields. They are meant to be mounted low (Hence most OEMs provide them in lower part of Bumper) which can illuminate the road from below fog/mist and not generate any glare.

While the LEDs in the fog light I've installed do glare a little, they are not to be used in city. Unlike a few people who install HIDs in them and blind oncoming traffic.

IF you use a quality HID kit or even LED kit which respects the Optics & Metrics of Traditional Bulb (Like position of Filamet, Socket alignment, Spread), The beam pattern will be Similar to halogen. There shall be no Glaring whatsoever.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-hid-kit-technical-review-install-w-pics.html

But what you have done is totally bypassed the metrics of Stock halogen fog lamp. I bet the Glare from these LEDs is far worse than standard 35w 4300k HID kit.

Hence ideally fog lights should have a low cutoff and should throw a wide beam which is what is visible in the picture. Maybe due to the high beam being switched on as well the cutoff may not be clearly visible but I assure you it's there.

Thats correct, You have answered your Own question. Inferring from the initial pictures of your LED 'FOG"s there is no cutoff nor beam width. What you'll have is a torch type beam pattern that's more like High beams or High beam assist.

Just put a towel on all other lights & point these fogs to a flat wall, and you shall see.

Hope that clears out any issues. :)

I hope its more clear now. Feel free to rain in more questions.

:)

Top Bottom