Nudge Guards

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am planning to add a nudge guard on to my WagonR.Its just for the aesthetic purpose and any protection (if) it offers is considered just a bonus.

I am planning for one like these..(Goldsun nudge guard for Wagonr:blueestyle(model name)).GOLDSUN AUTO PVT LTD.

I want to know how much a nudge guard like this can cost me.

Then does this addition require any cutting or welding on body frame?
Can this void my insurance claim in future(if anything happens[roll]).I have heard that a some companies deny claims due to addition of bull bars on the insured vehicles.

has any body installed such nudgegurds on their vehicles?Please share some info.

Hi everyone,

I am planning to add a nudge guard on to my WagonR.Its just for the aesthetic purpose and any protection (if) it offers is considered just a bonus.

I am planning for one like these..(Goldsun nudge guard for Wagonr:blueestyle(model name)).GOLDSUN AUTO PVT LTD.

I want to know how much a nudge guard like this can cost me.

Then does this addition require any cutting or welding on body frame?
Can this void my insurance claim in future(if anything happens[roll]).I have heard that a some companies deny claims due to addition of bull bars on the insured vehicles.

has any body installed such nudgegurds on their vehicles?Please share some info.
Why do you want to install that crash guards/Nudge Guards?This guards may cause structural damage to your car in the case of an accident.I also initially wanted to install in my swift but after few online review i declined the whole plan.

I agree with swiftkolkata.

You may be doing it just for looks, but you are sabotaging your own safety for it! It won't increase protection in any worthwhile manner, and since it is typically bolted to the underpinnings of the car the force of any impact will be transmitted directly through the vehicle frame, which can have severe side-effects. I am not exaggerating when I say these are more dangerous than we usually perceive, speaking from experience.

Insurance companies are aware of this, so they are very well justified when it comes to denying any claims.

One of my friend tried this one on his 2009 mfg Wagon R.

For some initial days, he was happy with looks and the attention his car was getting, but he came down to reality when tried to climb some normal steep inclined countryside roads and removed them.

Looks like Nudge guards is made of plastic. It looks nice from aesthetics but rightly pointed out, during an unfortunate crash, it may accentuate the severity of impact. If you are looking for improving aesthetics, there are other options available. Why risk with safety?

Thread Starter #7
One of my friend tried this one on his 2009 mfg Wagon R.

For some initial days, he was happy with looks and the attention his car was getting, but he came down to reality when tried to climb some normal steep inclined countryside roads and removed them.
Can you please tell me how much did it cost for him?Any pics?
Mine is a k10b model.

And as nudge guard are just plastics will it cause such an impact on vehicle as a steel bar will cause? I think it will break firs in case of an impact.

Remember such guards would give more impact and do worst in case of accident to the frame it would be bolted to as well as for the pedestrains on road.
Would suggest not to install such guards.

And as nudge guard are just plastics will it cause such an impact on vehicle as a steel bar will cause? I think it will break firs in case of an impact.
At any rate, it will most likely have a metal skeleton, the plastic is just for aesthetic purposes. Since it is bolted directly to the frame of the vehicle, the force of any impact will go through the structure of the vehicle rather than the crumple zones. Massive safety compromise.

Top Bottom