Sunfilm Only on Windshield or All?

Thread Starter #1
Its getting too hot these days, and moreover I do not have stilt or sheltered parking. 3M & Garware are ready to install but have couple of doubts.

1 - Would it be best if I just installed sunfilm on front glass only? Because this will avoid any problems with cops. 3M is offering CR70 (Has 60% heat rejection) for 8K and Garware (60% heat rejection) for 7k.

2 - Second option is to get all areas covered. 3M suggests CR70 for front and CR90 for sides and rear (CR90 has 40% Heat rejection) and assures me that I will not have any problems with cops since all films are transparent. 3M quoted 25k for the same.

3 - Third option is to go with Garware VLT 70% films on all areas (This product has only 35% heat rejection) and quoted 7.5k for entire installation.

Also is it safe to put films on rear defogger equipped glass? Does ANHC have any UV rejection on stock glass provided?

Please advice.

Thanks!

If you ask me i will strongly suggest you to stay away from film.1st of all film is banned secondly you are from mumbai,over here even transparent films are not allowed

i have seen many accessories shop installing transparent film but only on Front Windscreen but on sides its strictly not allowed.

Secondly you are from mumbai,over here cops check transparent window for transparent film

i have been caught 3-4 times by cop for using transparent film somehow i managed to convince them,now i have removed that to[cry]

Its better you install those roller shade from accessories shop.now days all are opting for that

Its a very silly rule,the rule says one can use company's manufactured tinted windows upto 70%visibity but a transparent film 100% visibility is not allowed[frustration]

If you ask me i will strongly suggest you to stay away from film.1st of all film is banned secondly you are from mumbai,over here even transparent films are not allowed

i have seen many accessories shop installing transparent film but only on Front Windscreen but on sides its strictly not allowed.

Secondly you are from mumbai,over here cops check transparent window for transparent film

i have been caught 3-4 times by cop for using transparent film somehow i managed to convince them,now i have removed that to

Its better you install those roller shade from accessories shop.now days all are opting for that

Its a very silly rule,the rule says one can use company's manufactured tinted windows upto 70%visibity but a transparent film 100% visibility is not allowed[frustration]
yeah... :agree:

Please don't go for sunfilms, they are not allowed at all even if they are transparent.

Its really a silly rule that one can not opt for sun films(tinted windows) but can go for other option like roller shades. Its really hampering the fuel consumption of vehicles due to extreme heat in summer & overload on AC. Eventually its affecting oil & gas sector of our country.

Moreover the worst thing is that this rule came in act from the honorable court for the purpose of safety of womens and its not serving the main purpose at all. Same crimes are repeated in our country regularly. [frustration]

bhvm

Honoured Member
yeah... :agree:

Please don't go for sunfilms, they are not allowed at all even if they are transparent.

Its really a silly rule that one can not opt for sun films(tinted windows) but can go for other option like roller shades. Its really hampering the fuel consumption of vehicles due to extreme heat in summer & overload on AC. Eventually its affecting oil & gas sector of our country.

Moreover the worst thing is that this rule came in act from the honorable court for the purpose of safety of womens and its not serving the main purpose at all. Same crimes are repeated in our country regularly. [frustration]
WOMEN?
Damm!
Actually the women of my house feel that the windows are TOO transparent and they feel unsafe with Bike-Wallas and Odd Truckers staring down on them...
Who the hell made this rule? Its totally reverse!

+100 to High heat in India as well.

WOMEN?
Damm!
Actually the women of my house feel that the windows are TOO transparent and they feel unsafe with Bike-Wallas and Odd Truckers staring down on them...
Who the hell made this rule? Its totally reverse!

+100 to High heat in India as well.
same is the opinion from the women (read mom, wify & my 5 yrs old daughter) of my family that they really feel uncomfortable at signals when odd jerks stare at them. [angry]

But as little I know this rule was there in books but it forcefully came into act after Dec 2012 Delhi gangrape case and it was a poor try to quick fix from cops by tearing off sunfilms at signals rudely not even bothering the damage to the vehicles and fine of 1000+ buks n odd.. [thumbsdown]

Thread Starter #7

i have been caught 3-4 times by cop for using transparent film somehow i managed to convince them,now i have removed that to[cry]

Yes I know it is not permitted however I do not have any other option since shades are not helping much. It is literally impossible to get in a parked car during the day because its too hot, even the plastic bottle melted the other day and took up the shape of the holder. I dont understand how the interiors and the music system handle so much of temperature.

Last edited:
The easy solution is join the police, government or a political party 90% of the cars brazenly plying the roads of this city with ultra dark sunfilm belong to these categories. You would also receive salutes from the cops.

Hi buddy. I can understand your dilemma.

Well considering the legalities, you are not allowed to stick/put anything on any of the windows or windshields of your car. However, you can get pull down rollers and use them when the car is stationary. When you are going somewhere, unwind them. This way you would be obeying the law and at the same time enjoying the compatively cooler car.

India is just full of silly and dumb rules.
Yes, even transparent films like V kool are not allowed!
Unfortunate, but true.

Last edited:
Info about tinting windows to avoid heat

Hello.
I want to tint the windows of my car because it's too hot outside and the AC kind of takes too much time to cool down the car.
So how much will it cost and what type of tint and whether tint all windows or just front windshield and all that info.
I went to a dealer he said it will cost INR 10000 for tinting all the front rear and side windows.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Info about tinting windows to avoid heat

Hello.
I want to tint the windows of my car because it's too hot outside and the AC kind of takes too much time to cool down the car.
So how much will it cost and what type of tint and whether tint all windows or just front windshield and all that info.
I went to a dealer he said it will cost INR 10000 for tinting all the front rear and side windows.
Did you ask about the company and heat rejection percentage ?

I bought 50% heat rejection garware ice-cool shield for 4200 rs only for the front. It's so good that I have installed in 2 of my cars and plan to install in any upcoming car.
For sides and rear I bought garware Sunfilm role which costed 800 rs. But the heat rejection is just 20%. So do ask about the heat rejection.

Re: Info about tinting windows to avoid heat

Did you ask about the company and heat rejection percentage ?

I bought 50% heat rejection garware ice-cool shield for 4200 rs only for the front. It's so good that I have installed in 2 of my cars and plan to install in any upcoming car.
For sides and rear I bought garware Sunfilm role which costed 800 rs. But the heat rejection is just 20%. So do ask about the heat rejection.
Well I didn't ask about the brand but he told it's 60% and he showed demo too.
But after reading the above posts I am worried about the traffic rules now. But I checked out my City's Traffic rules and there is no such rule about tinting on cars. And I see many cars even totally black tinted, even taxis which I use sometimes.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I have it on my car since 4 years , no problem faced.
There are 2 % , one is heat rejection and the second one is visibility. So take the highest heat rejection film with high visibility%

Top Bottom