Upgrades For My Old Honda City

Thread Starter #1
Hii Guys ,I need serious help from .[confused][confused]
I own a Honda City ZX first hand 2008. Its 6 years old .
I needed help in following sectors -
1)Tires - I need new set of tires . Which will be best company ?
2)Bulb Upgrade - Need to buy new Bulbs cause they are not effective in extreme night driving .[Only H4]
3) Stereo/Interiors Change -I have no knowledge about them

bhvm

Honoured Member
what's your budget?
for headlights, go for 35w hid in 4300k tint (please! )
they're about 5k.

for audio, I again need your budget and your intentions (bass, refinement, space you can give up )

Thread Starter #3
Hii bhvm,
Well to be true I don't i have a bugdet . My main priority are New tires (which is urgent) and bulb upgrades I am thinking of basic Philips Extreme vision or any other . I also need knowledge on White Light vs Yellow Light . Thinking of it 1000 Rs at MAX for bulbs .
I dont need a hifi system ,I am going to keep car for a year or 2 max so i need suggestions on 2 din vs 1 din stereo .

Hii bhvm,
Well to be true I don't i have a bugdet . My main priority are New tires (which is urgent) and bulb upgrades I am thinking of basic Philips Extreme vision or any other . I also need knowledge on White Light vs Yellow Light . Thinking of it 1000 Rs at MAX for bulbs .
I dont need a hifi system ,I am going to keep car for a year or 2 max so i need suggestions on 2 din vs 1 din stereo .
Hi Ankit!

I would suggest plug-and-play replacement bulbs. Philips Xtremevision look good, other members have found Xtremevisions very useful! Whiter light is closer to daylight temperature, which is supposed to make it easier to see!

1 Din is usually sufficient as there is usually very minimal difference in output. The main difference often comes down to looks as most features can be found on both 1 Din and 2 Din units. Also not worth spending loads if you are not obsessed with quality and if you will sell the car soon.

@bhvm Any thoughts?

Hii Guys ,I need serious help from .[confused][confused]
I own a Honda City ZX first hand 2008. Its 6 years old .
I needed help in following sectors -
1)Tires - I need new set of tires . Which will be best company ?
2)Bulb Upgrade - Need to buy new Bulbs cause they are not effective in extreme night driving .[Only H4]
3) Stereo/Interiors Change -I have no knowledge about them
1) If you are happy with your current tires (size), then get Michelin of same size or you can upside also if you want. Michelin treys provides you good comfort with silent ride but the cost is slightly on higher side compare to MRF, Good Year etc.
2) Go for Philips X-trem vision which is very cheap option or you can put 100/90 bulbs with cut out or really which will cost you around 2k.
3) You are going to keep car for only two years so get single din player only which servers your basic needs, basic 1 din player with USB & AUX cost you around 4k to 5k depending on brand. But if you want great music experience then you have to stretch your budget further.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hii bhvm,
1) No experience about Small car tyres, I don't drive small cars.
2) Your choice about headlight bulbs is good. Please stick to 55W bulbs and not 100/90 ones.
3) White or Yellow. We could debate whole day for it. To sum it up, Stick to normal standard bulbs (Golden). No whites, No Yellows.

Hi Ankit!

I would suggest plug-and-play replacement bulbs. Philips Xtremevision look good, other members have found Xtremevisions very useful! Whiter light is closer to daylight temperature, which is supposed to make it easier to see!

1 Din is usually sufficient as there is usually very minimal difference in output. The main difference often comes down to looks as most features can be found on both 1 Din and 2 Din units. Also not worth spending loads if you are not obsessed with quality and if you will sell the car soon.

@bhvm Any thoughts?
Agreed,
Upgrading system for 1 year is not worthwhile. And Just upgrading the HU won't cast difference in Quality. You need a Full blown upgrade like HU, AMP, Woofers, Speakers etc. Prepare to shell out 20~30k.

1) If you are happy with your current tires (size), then get Michelin of same size or you can upside also if you want. Michelin treys provides you good comfort with silent ride but the cost is slightly on higher side compare to MRF, Good Year etc.
2) Go for Philips X-trem vision which is very cheap option or you can put 100/90 bulbs with cut out or really which will cost you around 2k.
3) You are going to keep car for only two years so get single din player only which servers your basic needs, basic 1 din player with USB & AUX cost you around 4k to 5k depending on brand. But if you want great music experience then you have to stretch your budget further.
1) Bad experience with Michellins on My safari. Don't know about Honda city . They were too soft and they wore out much too soon (40k KM) Compared to Bridgestones (50k km) and Yoko geolanders (55k Km). They were Much expensive to start with and totally disappointing.

2) Philips Xtreme- yes
100W Bulbs- NO. And I'll never invest 2k In those dodgy bulbs where HID is available for 5k with install.

3) Upgrade recommended only if Current HU DIN is faulty or Not present.

Thread Starter #7
Thank you guys very much for suggestions .
@bhvm- A very much thanks to you. I am also staying away my michelins ,Thinking of same size but of Bridgestone ,Any suggestions ,Which one ?
For the bulbs I am thinking of Philips Extreme Vision, Any pictures of it at Night driving ?
Any Places to buy bulbs IN Delhi as my nearby house no good shop is there ?

There is stereo but its old and bored by its looks .

1) Bad experience with Michellins on My safari. Don't know about Honda city . They were too soft and they wore out much too soon (40k KM) Compared to Bridgestones (50k km) and Yoko geolanders (55k Km). They were Much expensive to start with and totally disappointing.

2) Philips Xtreme- yes
100W Bulbs- NO. And I'll never invest 2k In those dodgy bulbs where HID is available for 5k with install.

3) Upgrade recommended only if Current HU DIN is faulty or Not present.

Michellins are made up by softer rubber that's why they worn out fast, so I have mentioned that if you want softer ride then only Michellin is to be opt.
Obviously 100/90 effect on battery somehow because power consumption is high, but if you want more light compare to X-trem vision with less pricing of HID then it's good option in my opinion. For comparo between regular light and X-trem vision light see the image.
21240085yl7.jpg
Image is source from internet.
If you have enough confidence to do DIY then you can change bulb by yourself only, It's doesn't required any kind of toll. You can get from Ebay.in

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thank you guys very much for suggestions .
@bhvm- A very much thanks to you. I am also staying away my michelins ,Thinking of same size but of Bridgestone ,Any suggestions ,Which one ?
For the bulbs I am thinking of Philips Extreme Vision, Any pictures of it at Night driving ?

HID by the way, can be transferred to other vehicle in 20 Mins. So That will be a good "investment"
Otherwise Philips extreme vision is best bet.

I don't suppose LOOKS is a reason good enough to replace one. Stereos are for ears, not eyes. If your stereo is extremely clumsy and difficult to use (odd menus, hard buttons), get a new Single DIN set around 6k.

I'm Pleased to know ,i was of help.
Michellins are made up by softer rubber that's why they worn out fast, so I have mentioned that if you want softer ride then only Michellin is to be opt.
Obviously 100/90 effect on battery somehow because power consumption is high, but if you want more light compare to X-trem vision with less pricing of HID then it's good option in my opinion. For comparo between regular light and X-trem vision light see the image.
View attachment 127925
Image is source from internet.
If you have enough confidence to do DIY then you can change bulb by yourself only, It's doesn't required any kind of toll. You can get from Ebay.in
Thanks for the pic.
1) Problem with Michellins is Punctures and Unreliablity. They're simply not suitable for Indian roads. I had a puncture once large enough that I had to pour Hot melted rubber to fix it.

2) It once happened to my Safari on a Hill station. 100W bulbs put strain on Battery, Wiring and they also damage Reflectors and Lenses. Downhill on the ghat, all my bulbs stopped working. Even Fog lamps and parking lamps.

Wiring Kit caught fire and Even fuse box Melted soon. You know how hard it is to fix these on hill stations. I also had to replace headlights as these were slowly blackened by high watt bulbs.

Since then- 100 Watt bulbs... never!

In Delhi I would suggest browsing around the Kashmere Gate market, I am sure you will find Xtremevisions there! Alternatively, you can get very good deals on eBay.in with fast shipping.

As bhvm says, the main purpose of the stereo is for listening, and since you are planning on selling the car in a year, why not just live with it for a while longer? [;)]

But if you really want to replace it, go for a single DIN unit with only the features you actually use, will probably cost you around 5k. If you are confident enough to install it yourself, they are well-priced online as well.

Thanks for the pic.
1) Problem with Michellins is Punctures and Unreliablity. They're simply not suitable for Indian roads. I had a puncture once large enough that I had to pour Hot melted rubber to fix it.

2) It once happened to my Safari on a Hill station. 100W bulbs put strain on Battery, Wiring and they also damage Reflectors and Lenses. Downhill on the ghat, all my bulbs stopped working. Even Fog lamps and parking lamps.

Wiring Kit caught fire and Even fuse box Melted soon. You know how hard it is to fix these on hill stations. I also had to replace headlights as these were slowly blackened by high watt bulbs.

Since then- 100 Watt bulbs... never!

I have read many posts on various forums for Michellins so conclude that decision, I don't have any personal experience with them & earlier Honda City is likely to come with Michellins only.

And i have used 100/90 on my City type 2 for almost a year but didn't face any issue but your experience is also need to be consider as 100/90 with cutout is not recommended at all but it's good cheap option only.

Thread Starter #12
Thank you all guys for your inputs . I have a question , What be their approximate Rate of it and voltage or any new wiring required for it .I thnk it is Plug and use . I am almost finalized on Philips Extreme Vision . Just need help on Tyre which one [:)] Bridgestone turanza AR-20 or any other , I got to know its price around 4500 RS. Any Reviews ?

Thank you all guys for your inputs . I have a question , What be their approximate Rate of it and voltage or any new wiring required for it .I thnk it is Plug and use . I am almost finalized on Philips Extreme Vision . Just need help on Tyre which one [:)] Bridgestone turanza AR-20 or any other , I got to know its price around 4500 RS. Any Reviews ?
No new wiring required, just remove your old bulb and put new one. I am giving you the links from ebay which will help you.
100 Original Philips Extreme X Treme Vision CAR Headlight Bulbs Bulb H4 60 55W | eBay
Philips X Treme Vision CAR Headlight Bulb H4 60 55W | eBay

You might prefer these, Diamond Vision bulbs have a higher colour temp. (5000K) and a better visibility range:

Original Philips Diamond Vision 5000K Headlight Bulbs H4 SET OF 2 PCS | eBay

These are all plug and play as they have the same wattage as stock bulbs.

Thread Starter #15
Hi HaruH, Thank you for the links , I will definitely look into it . So approx price I have got is Between 1200-1300 Rs .Also thank you for information .

Hi Viru, Thank for for your suggestion ,but i have read these bulbs sometimes blind oncoming traffic ,Is it true ?
Delhi Police is imposing heavy fines on these powerful bulbs is it true ?
Any suggestions on Tires guys ?

Last edited:

Top Bottom