Need Advice: Planning New Set of Tyres For i10

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I am planning a new set of tyres for my i10 Magna 2010 model.
Its her first replacement after clocking 70k kms. Since I live in Tier 3 city and roads are quite bumpy therefore I require hard rubber tyres ot T-type. Therefore Michelin or Yoko are eliminated.
The two candidates that I have shortlisted are:-

1. MRF ZVTS:- All ok but I am concerned about braking issue as I have read they have locking issue in case of braking at high speeds. Although its costing me 10,600/- for a set of 4 which is quite in my budget.

2. Bridgestone B290:- My i10 came with B250 and I am very impressed with the performance.Now the company is replacing this with new entrant B290.

I am planning for the same size i.e. 155/80/R13. Kindly advise which among the two will be better or is there any other option.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Need advise: Planning new set of tyres

On applying brake at high speed any tyre will get locked regardless of the company (car not having ABS)

I use apolo acelere on my santro and i10 and haven't found single quality issues. And I plan the same set of tyres on my verna as well since i'm happy with acelere.

Bought 4 tubeless acelere for my santro for 11000rs.

70k? thats really a good figure, My stock 155/80/13 JK tyres in A-star just lasted for 27K kms and upgraded to Michelin 175/70/13 XM2. This is a direst fit to my stock rims(4.5j) with negligible speedo error.

How does hard rubber helps in bumpy roads?

Since M XM2 is a very soft tyre I increased its pressure to 40/38 psi (front/rear). Done about 10k kms still looks like new no sign of thread wear.

Thread Starter #4

70k? thats really a good figure, My stock 155/80/13 JK tyres in A-star just lasted for 27K kms and upgraded to Michelin 175/70/13 XM2. This is a direst fit to my stock rims(4.5j) with negligible speedo error.

How does hard rubber helps in bumpy roads?

Since M XM2 is a very soft tyre I increased its pressure to 40/38 psi (front/rear). Done about 10k kms still looks like new no sign of thread wear.
Thanks Kichu.[:)]
I think hard tyres T-type are more ruf n tuf and lasts long as told by the dealer and what I found over internet but they offer less comfort.

Thread Starter #5

On applying brake at high speed any tyre will get locked regardless of the company (car not having ABS)

I use apolo acelere on my santro and i10 and haven't found single quality issues. And I plan the same set of tyres on my verna as well since i'm happy with acelere.

Bought 4 tubeless acelere for my santro for 11000rs.
Ya buddy...i think you are right.
11k is a great price for a set of 4 but since I had a very bad experience with apollo on my cousin's car in the past...i think i"ll might not prefer this time.

Top Bottom