Stay Kool: Alternative To Sunfilms in India

Thread Starter #1
New Japanese technology Stay-Kool introduced for cars in India

A new Japanese nanotechnology 'Stay-Kool' is introduced in India as an alternative to replace the tinted window films of the car in the form of a colourless spray paint

The sultry summers are around the corners to burn our skins. No matter whether you walk or drive, the sun is impartial to one and all and keeps emitting the harsh UV rays. But this time around, we have a good news for all the car drivers that will help protect them against these harmful rays from reaching inside the car.
A new Japanese technology has been introduced on Tuesday in Hyderabad, India that will replace the tinted car window films that were once banned by the Supreme Court in April 2012.

The product is named ‘Stay-Kool’ and comes as an alternative to the tinted window films of the car in the form of a colourless spray paint that protects the skin from the UV and the infrared rays of the sun.

This technology is launched by Fumin Global, the company which owns the global patent for this product. Mr Ash Roy, Managing Director, Stay-Kool Supply Chain Pvt Ltd says, “Stay-Kool was invented in Japan and is being launched globally this year, in all the counties, along with India. It will also be exhibited in the Indian Automobile Expo 2014.”

Stay Kool is as clear as glass with 87 per cent visible light transmission (VLT). When sprayed on the car’s window glasses from inside, the nano-particles in the Stay-Kool liquid form a clear and transparent two-micron thick coating that keeps much of the harmful rays of the sun out.

Roy informs that this technology will cost less than the solar control films which were earlier being used and will also reduce the AC energy consumption by approximately 30 per cent. The cost of the spray also comes at an affordable price of Rs 8,000 per sq mt and will last for 10 years.

Stay-Kool is certified by the Japanese Ministry of Environment as an energy-saving technology. The company is initially tying up with Mahindra First Choice to reach car owners who can use this technology to get their car’s windows sprayed at an authorised service centre.

Arjun Valluri, Director, Stay-Kool, claims that a car owner can drive into an authorised dealer, get the application done and drive out in two hours. According to him it is absolutely safe to carwash it and no additional care is needed to maintain it.

For more details, log on STAY-KOOL or
Email: india@stay-kool.net.

Courtesy: New Japanese technology Stay-Kool introduced for cars in India| ZigWheels.com

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Stay Kool for Cars in India.

I checked for availability it said check late february.

Anyways 2 question.
1. It's 8000 per sq mtr. So can someone get an estimate of how much it will cost for a hatch and a sedan?

2. Won't this be illegal. I think supreme court ordered not to have anything installed on the window glass :/ just tinted glasses that manufacturers provide within acceptable limits.

Anyways 2 question.
1. It's 8000 per sq mtr. So can someone get an estimate of how much it will cost for a hatch and a sedan?

2. Won't this be illegal. I think supreme court ordered not to have anything installed on the window glass :/ just tinted glasses that manufacturers provide within acceptable limits.
Infact the SC order says nothing to be installed on the window panes. This STAY KOOL spray may be fine so long as the cops dont detect the same. The same holds good for transparent sun films i guess.
I think we need to have 1:1 comparison between transparent sun films and STAY KOOL spray as to which one is cheaper.

Anyways 2 question.

Quote from Hindu News paper:

Arjun Valluri, co-founder of the company, said the cost of spray at the retail level would be Rs. 8,000 per sq mt. “This means, for spraying all the four windows of a Swift would cost about Rs. 8,000. One coating will last for ten years,” he said.

Source : Keep cool in the car, the Japanese nanotechnology way | Business Line

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Infact the SC order says nothing to be installed on the window panes. This STAY KOOL spray may be fine so long as the cops dont detect the same. The same holds good for transparent sun films i guess.
I think we need to have 1:1 comparison between transparent sun films and STAY KOOL spray as to which one is cheaper.
Nothing is allowed not even transparent films. Films can be detected but this spray is transparent and ultra thin. I saw a video on their site.

Arjun Valluri, co-founder of the company, said the cost of spray at the retail level would be Rs. 8,000 per sq mt. “This means, for spraying all the four windows of a Swift would cost about Rs. 8,000. One coating will last for ten years,” he said.

Just the 4 windows [surprise] covering the front windshield itslef will cost 4000-6000 rupees and covering the windshield is a must I believe.

So now we should compare those expensive sunfilms costing above 25k with staykool.

Can someone post the comparison between the same? Cost., heat rejection etc etc.

Nothing is allowed not even transparent films. Films can be detected but this spray is transparent and ultra thin. I saw a video on their site.

Just the 4 windows [surprise] covering the front windshield itslef will cost 4000-6000 rupees and covering the windshield is a must I believe.

So now we should compare those expensive sunfilms costing above 25k with staykool.

Can someone post the comparison between the same? Cost., heat rejection etc etc.
I think we should compare price of CR70 (3M transparent sun film) meant for front windshield as against the cost of coating the same with STAY KOOL. Of course we do have other sun film brands that come at cheaper rates.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I think we should compare price of CR70 (3M transparent sun film) meant for front windshield as against the cost of coating the same with STAY KOOL. Of course we do have other sun film brands that come at cheaper rates.
I just searched in Tai only. One member installed cr70 on his scorpio for 7750 rupees. So for a hatch it would cost around 4500-5500 rupees. Just an estimate.

Thread Starter #8
hopefully this weekend, I am planning to get in touch with these guys. Lets see what happens and how much they charge.

It would definitely be more than 8000 for my storme. Very big windows.

I guess the price will be the same for Santro Xing too. We have to compare the cost of putting transparent sun films on all windows to that of the STAY KOOL cost (assuming it is Rs 8000). Looks like the latter is the best bet

Thread Starter #12
Update:

I have recieved communication from StayKool guys, they are opening their show room in Inorbit Mall, Hyderabad.

they quoted a price of around 19K for my car. They have installments plan too from HDFC. the price seems to be steep. But since Summer is round the corner, and if the treatment seems be really efficient from what is being claimed in thier website, i guess it would be worth it.

I plan to see/ask the following:

1. Sample demo car parked in sun and checking the temperature difference.
2. What happens if we clean the car glass from inside out / and outside by glass cleaner like colin etc.
3. If applied from inside, effect of rolling windows up and down frequently.
4. if applied on the front windshield, does it scatter the incoming lights (at nights)

Guys let me know if there are any otherquestions to be asked. I plan to visit them next week. This week I am out of hyderabad.

Our TAI member raj_5004 did not had sunfilms but the car had come with slightly tinted windows, to this cops had objection,Ask them the same that after using this,will the windows appear slightly tinted or not,and in similar way some trasparent flims get slightly tinted when sunrays fall on it and slighty reflective,because cops in mumbai are very aggressive regarding sun films/tinted glass.

Thread Starter #15
Hi, the shop is opened in Inorbit mall p1. and the cost is around 19000 for a car like safari.

Its pretty expensive. But you can definitely go and check that out.

Top Bottom