Fitting Twin Disc Horns

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

I want to replace the feeble stock horn on my Suzuki Estilo with a horn that sounds somewhat similar to that on the VWs and Skodas of today.

I decided not to go with air/trumpet horns because they are susceptible to dust, water, etc.

I am not worried about fitting, as I can do that myself.

Any suggestions on good sounding twin disc horns and where I can buy them?

You mean the twin horn setup. You just need a set of Bosch/Hella or any other reputed twin horn setup which would lighten your pocket by atleast 500 bucks. Though there are a few cheaper options available, but for long run, Bosch, Hella have proved their worth amongst the autoheads. You can find numerous satisfied customers onboard too.

Thread Starter #3
You mean the twin horn setup. You just need a set of Bosch/Hella or any other reputed twin horn setup which would lighten your pocket by atleast 500 bucks. Though there are a few cheaper options available, but for long run, Bosch, Hella have proved their worth amongst the autoheads. You can find numerous satisfied customers onboard too.
Thanks. Any recommendations as to which model sounds similar to the OEM VW/Skoda horn?

Ps. What do you think about "Roots" horns? A lot of chatter about them but I'm not sure whether they are up to the same quality standards as Bosch/Hella.

Thanks. Any recommendations as to which model sounds similar to the OEM VW/Skoda horn?
I am aware of Bosch Symphony which sounds like Skoda horns. In Hella range, I am not sure of the particular model.

Ps. What do you think about "Roots" horns? A lot of chatter about them but I'm not sure whether they are up to the same quality standards as Bosch/Hella.[/QUOTE]

Roots is a good brand as well. Again I am not very well versed with the particular model no/name.

Thread Starter #7
They are also both trumpet horns, which I have decided against for the sake of reliability. I am trying to select the best pair of disc horns available...

Right now am having trouble choosing between Hella M26 Pair and Stebel HF80 2 Pair!

Thread Starter #9
To add more trouble, there is Bosch FC4 [evil]. FC4 is neat and loud.
[lol] You really have made it more complicated for me! It's only like 3dB quieter than the other (unnoticeable) and the sound is ok!

I'm just going to go with the one which has the best warranty [;)]

From my personal experience, Hella & Bosch last long.
Tried Roots twice, but with least success (once in my TVS Star Sport and again in Honda City)

Thread Starter #11
I've got a shortlist, in order of preference:

Hella M26 Pair 115dB 335/400 Hz
Stebel HF80 2 112dB 340/430 Hz
Bosch FC4 Pair 110dB 335/420 Hz

Now it's just down to when I get a break from work big enough to go buy all the stuff I need!

Top Bottom