The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Accessories & Modifications (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/)
-   -   HID Xenons Headlamps - Discussions and Queries (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/1624-hid-xenons-headlamps-discussions-queries.html)

nahaska1623 18th December 2010 12:06 AM

hey naveen,could u insist me to some shops here in cochin.

I would like to add the same setup u had in ur SWIFT to my i20 headlight.Could you suggest me a good shop in cochin and the price 2.

naveen04in 18th December 2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nahaska1623 (Post 61143)
hey naveen,could u insist me to some shops here in cochin.

I would like to add the same setup u had in ur SWIFT to my i20 headlight.Could you suggest me a good shop in cochin and the price 2.

Hello dude.

I got these from Emperor, Cochin. They almost provide all products than other shops. But I havent seen any projector setup in i20 in cochin. As far as i know, there are no ready made projector units for i20. They are custom made. You can try to source it from abroad. There is one shop in Delhi 'performance zone'. They specialize in projector headlights.

Cheers
Naveen

ajaskochi 21st December 2010 09:58 AM

@ NahasKa

You can also try at the General Motor Works opposite the Modern Bread factory ,Edappallly . They also sells the Projector setup lights

gears1313 23rd January 2011 11:09 PM

Where to fix the blasters?

I might be getting HIDs for my DZire's Headlights and Foglamps from a dealer with whom my dad deals with. Obviously the bill will be added to our firms account.
Now the installing part will be a DIY by me. But the thing is that I know the whole fitting procedure and the connection and all; but I dont know where to place the blasters.[cry]
Can anyone tell me where to place the Blasters and share some underhood/Blasters fitted pics of any Swift/DZire with HID's fitted in them?

Thanks
Amandeep
aka
Gears1313

naveen04in 24th January 2011 10:05 AM

Re: Where to fix the blasters?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gears1313 (Post 65357)
I might be getting HIDs for my DZire's Headlights and Foglamps from a dealer with whom my dad deals with. Obviously the bill will be added to our firms account.
Now the installing part will be a DIY by me. But the thing is that I know the whole fitting procedure and the connection and all; but I dont know where to place the blasters.[cry]
Can anyone tell me where to place the Blasters and share some underhood/Blasters fitted pics of any Swift/DZire with HID's fitted in them?

Thanks
Amandeep
aka
Gears1313

You can fix it next to the battery near the fender wall. I shall post the pics of my car's ballast tomo.

gears1313 24th January 2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen04in (Post 65376)
You can fix it next to the battery near the fender wall. I shall post the pics of my car's ballast tomo.

Thanks Naveen! Do share the pics.
I will be getting HIDs for fogs and headlight; so will I get 4 blasters in all or 2?[confused]

vishnum 24th January 2011 02:30 PM

Re: Xenons HID Lamps Thread

Hi all, Is it possible to add Xenons with projector in wagon R(I haven't seen Any)? If yes where in Kochi/ Alappuzha Should I approach?

ilango[speed thirst] 24th January 2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gears1313 (Post 65396)
I will be getting HIDs for fogs and headlight; so will I get 4 blasters in all or 2?[confused]

A ballast for a bulb.

fix in any possible position , they are water proof.
generally near the front damper area , you get some place.

naveen04in 25th January 2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gears1313 (Post 65396)

Yes. Will update the pics. You will need one ballast for one bulb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnum (Post 65399)
Hi all, Is it possible to add Xenons with projector in wagon R(I haven't seen Any)? If yes where in Kochi/ Alappuzha Should I approach?

Yes, it's possible to add projectors in Wagon R. But, readymade kits are not available in the market since Wagon R is not popular for mods. So you will have to custom install these projectors onto the existing headlight assembly. I dont think these custom jobs are popular in Kerala. Also, these custom mods will be expensive. You can try to contact Performance Products India, Auto Parts Delhi, Car Parts Delhi and Auto Spare Parts
They specialize in projector headlights for indian cars.

Cheers.!

vishnum 28th January 2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen04in (Post 65501)
Yes, it's possible to add projectors in Wagon R. But, readymade kits are not available in the market since Wagon R is not popular for mods. So you will have to custom install these projectors onto the existing headlight assembly. I dont think these custom jobs are popular in Kerala. Also, these custom mods will be expensive. You can try to contact Performance Products India, Auto Parts Delhi, Car Parts Delhi and Auto Spare Parts
They specialize in projector headlights for indian cars.

Cheers.!

Thanks a lot for the info. I will check with Performance zone. If its too expensive, I may drop the idea. I am planning to check that with R&T as well.

naveen04in 31st January 2011 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Check the pic..

gears1313 31st January 2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen04in (Post 66126)
Check the pic..

Thanks for the Pic Naveen! But what about the other side's Blaster and Foglamp's Blasters?[confused]

naveen04in 31st January 2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gears1313 (Post 66154)
Thanks for the Pic Naveen! But what about the other side's Blaster and Foglamp's Blasters?[confused]

The ballast for the other side isnt visible. Fixed somewhere behind the battery. I have HID's only for my headlights. So two ballasts in total. You need to find some suitable place to install 4 ballasts.

gears1313 31st January 2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen04in (Post 66157)
The ballast for the other side isnt visible. Fixed somewhere behind the battery. I have HID's only for my headlights. So two ballasts in total. You need to find some suitable place to install 4 ballasts.

Okey thanks for the effort Buddy.
I think I must first confirm the places to fix the blasters; and then go for a DIY!!:lol!:

P3T3R 31st January 2011 12:49 PM

My Xenons have arrived. Need to pick them up and install.