The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Accessories & Modifications (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/)
-   -   HID Xenons Headlamps - Discussions and Queries (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/1624-hid-xenons-headlamps-discussions-queries.html)

Marun 2nd September 2010 09:31 AM

Thanks for the info dude.

BTW what is the term motorized means? [confused]
Is that the one that comes in car?? I mean the one we adjust from inside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeauty (Post 47114)
In single xenon Hi/low, only one tube will be there and the lens is adjusted to get Hi and low beam. In bi xenon, separate tubes will be there for Hi and Low beam.


ilango[speed thirst] 2nd September 2010 09:36 AM

Motorised projectors cant be fixed as after market ,


err can be fixed , need lot of vit M from customer.

Marun 2nd September 2010 09:40 AM

Huh!! Thanks for the info mate.

Already the amount of Vit M needed is more for me because of those double baralled lights. [anger]
OMG i have to put one for low beam and one for high beam. [frustration]

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilango[speed thirst] (Post 47151)
Motorised projectors cant be fixed as after market ,


err can be fixed , need lot of vit M from customer.


naveen04in 2nd September 2010 10:57 AM

Motorized term is used for projectors and not for the bulbs.
I have a motorized projector in my Swift. This is an aftermarket product.
Here is a demo of this in action

YouTube - Swift Projector Light

blackbeauty 3rd September 2010 08:00 PM

This is the setup I meant. It is made by some lens adjustment or so.
Youtube
I hope in this setup, only Hi or Low beam will be active. And in Bi-Xenon, both beams will be active at a time.

naveen04in 6th September 2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeauty (Post 47357)
This is the setup I meant. It is made by some lens adjustment or so.
Youtube
I hope in this setup, only Hi or Low beam will be active. And in Bi-Xenon, both beams will be active at a time.

This is basically the functioning of bulbs that feature both high and low in a single bulb. This is not what is meant by motorized operation. This is comoon in H4, H9 HIDs. I use this kinda bulb in my projector setup.

blackbeauty 6th September 2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen04in (Post 47795)
This is basically the functioning of bulbs that feature both high and low in a single bulb. This is not what is meant by motorized operation. This is comoon in H4, H9 HIDs. I use this kinda bulb in my projector setup.

So the bi xenon is having two beams for both hi and low beam, right? These are available from Philips. I would like to know whether I can get the type of bulb given by me in the above video from philips.

naveen04in 6th September 2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeauty (Post 47802)
So the bi xenon is having two beams for both hi and low beam, right? These are available from Philips. I would like to know whether I can get the type of bulb given by me in the above video from philips.

Yes. you can get this. Which is your car?

blackbeauty 6th September 2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen04in (Post 47822)
Yes. you can get this. Which is your car?

Planning for bike, Unicorn..:stupid:
100/90 halogen is enough for me in the car..[:)]

gears1313 6th September 2010 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeauty (Post 47838)
Planning for bike, Unicorn..:stupid:

Well, its a good decision, but for Unicorn![confused]
I mean, if you want HIDs, your wiring have to br in DC. (I was told by a mechanic)
However, I have Bi Xenons for my Pulsar180UG4(already DC wiring) Works well but get ready to face battery drainage problems. But if you have a good running then no issues.
Do share the info about the fitting because my elder bro has Unicorn (2008), and he envy me a lot![evil] So was thinking to gift him one, only if you are successful!
All the best!

naveen04in 6th September 2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeauty (Post 47838)
Planning for bike, Unicorn..:stupid:
100/90 halogen is enough for me in the car..[:)]

Well, you will have few issues on using these for bikes. First, DC wiring should be used. Next, it will drain your battery. Am not an expert in bikes. You will have to check the battery and the side effects of using them.

I think gears can help you out since he already got it in his pulsar.

blackbeauty 6th September 2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen04in (Post 47922)
Well, you will have few issues on using these for bikes. First, DC wiring should be used. Next, it will drain your battery. Am not an expert in bikes. You will have to check the battery and the side effects of using them.

I have done DC setup on my bike and will soon change the RR unit and do coil rewinding to make the battery charging rate sufficient. Even without the RR change, the battery is doing fine now.
I was just checking the availability of Single tube branded ones as the Bi Xenon's are bit costlier.

cooldhaya 8th September 2010 08:35 PM

Hey Blackbeauty with the stock battery you will surely face battery drain problems. My friend having HID in his HH Hunk is facing it!

blackbeauty 8th September 2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooldhaya (Post 48352)
Hey Blackbeauty with the stock battery you will surely face battery drain problems. My friend having HID in his HH Hunk is facing it!

I am running on stock setup with DC now. Many have tried using coil rewinding and Piaggio APE RR which helps in charging rate.:biggrin:
They are running on 60/55 halogen. Gonna put APE RR first and then do coil rewinding afterwards if necessary. So I am sure that I can atleast use a 35/35 HID in it.[:)]

I will PM you the link for the details. If your friend wants to do the changes, he can keep up the charging rate.

gears1313 9th September 2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeauty (Post 48385)
I am running on stock setup with DC now. Many have tried using coil rewinding and Piaggio APE RR which helps in charging rate.:biggrin:
They are running on 60/55 halogen. Gonna put APE RR first and then do coil rewinding afterwards if necessary. So I am sure that I can atleast use a 35/35 HID in it.[:)]

I will PM you the link for the details. If your friend wants to do the changes, he can keep up the charging rate.

Share the info with me to buddy. You remember, earlier I told that my elder bro also owns unicorn and he wants to install HIDs.[surprise]


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
©2008 - 2017, The Automotive India. All Rights Reserved.