Maruti Zen - Redefined

Thread Starter #1
Since the launch of Zen it remained the hot favorite with in the car enthusiasts for over two decades now, even with stiff competition from own stable and other Japanese and Korean siblings Zen always maintained its own position and glory in the segment, nick named as ‘Pocket Rocket’ it justified the name ever since.

The exterior design even though tow decade old is mostly preferred to be left as it is in original state, however a little bit of interior spruce up can give a whole new dimension to the drive feel and owner ship experience, here is how my friend Mr. Ijaz Iqbal got the Zen interiors redefined to remain head to head with new generation guys on the track.

Let the pictures speak further

Attachments

Maruti Zen[surprise]. Bro i am shocked to see the interiors of your car. It looks excellent zen is one of my favorite car. Great cars always live in our heart.

Wow !! Your car looks cool.

Do post more pics of the interior, BTW is is a custom made indicators in the front..

Is the center console modified to accommodate 2 din ?

Anil
First of all Welcome to TAI.
Wonderful job done by Ijaz.
Kindly list the jobs done with the components used (Exterior and Interior) with more pictures.
Giving the cost incurred will be nice.
I am seeing three meters/ cylinders on the A pillar. What are they?
On the door there are 3 /4 speakers [surprise] .Is it an over kill?
Do you have a time line series photo of this modification?
(Stock condition to current condition?)

Last edited:
WOw WOW WOW!
What an interior bro!

Please post more pictures of the inetriors (boot area, floor and roof as well)

need help alloys for maruti zen 13'
problem is if i go for 5.5j tyre scrapes
need 13x5j alloys 114.3 pcd
i hav 145/70/r13 tyres
suppose i put 5.5j alloys on 145/70/r13 will the tyre scrape ?
if yes should i raise the suspension height?

Car looks great mate. Interior designing is perfect.

POCKET ROCKET was the term given to some cars that were extremely fast that includes Nissan Pulsar ( awd turbo) and Toyota Starlet (Turbo) not sure about Zen man

This is very true the other day when i went to garage I saw a Entuasist who restored in 2006 zen spent around 1.20 Lack on the restoration. when I having a word with the the garage owner I asked him "Whats the resale value of the this car as even I have the same model" his reply was around 1 to 1.10 Lacks on this I as how come the owner spent so much on restoraton on thas is reply was amazing "Zen zen hota hai no other car can be replaced with zen for the zen owners". ( The people who drive zen really dont find replacment for it). Which is really very true I personally felt it for a moment and that time I decided whenever I buy my second car I wont ever sell this car. its really is a pocket rocket

Thread Starter #12
Dear Friend, thanks for all the appreciation, Zen is always Zen, there is no replacement yet to this tiny car. I am sure all the Zen owner will be of the same opinion.

Please find a few more pictures here -

Attachments

Thread Starter #13
The restoration job on Zen is done by Color Glo in Ernakulam, those guys really deserves a big appreciation for bringing such an inovative and first of its kind (I am not sure if the same service available with any other providers) of service to the region, some of the interior restoration and customisation jobs done by these guys are simply unbelivable.

The guys there Mr. Jojo & Anish are so professional and courteous, they have a very gentle and honest approach to all their customers. I will post some photos of their restoration jobs borrowed from their facebook page.

Attachments

Hey Everybody
I too have a ZEN, but I am put up in Chennai, is there anybody who could help me out in restoration/remodeling my petite ZEN in Chennai.

Top Bottom