Philips Diamond Vision H4 60/55W Queries

Thread Starter #1
Dear All
I've ordered Philips Diamond Vision H4 60/55W 5000k bulbs for my M800.The stock bulbs which came from the factory 14yrs back just refuse to die,so out of boredom I ordered a new pair.
I have a few urgent queries.Do reply at your earliest.
1.Is white light illegal in India?? philips India claims it to be absolutely street legal.What are your views??this is my biggest headache[frustration]
2.How bad can the visibility be compared to stock bulbs??I've heard white lights have bad visibility and are useless in the rain. Scientifically also human eyes are most sensitive to greenish yellow light.
3.Since philips claims 100%more light which translates to hotter filament. So will they damage my headlight reflector in any way??
My final query,will I get even 1% improvement over stock bulb or am I just wasting the money??

First of all white light is not banned in India, You can see lot of cars having HIDs and Projectors these days. As for Diamond Vision it's just a normal bulb covered with blue filament which emits white output light and has the same Watts as to your stock bulbs so your reflector won't be affected.
A friend of mine used it in his zen after his HIDs were damaged neither he or I was Impressed by it, the light output wasn't bright enough so he reverted back to stock halogen bulbs. These bulbs seem to be only for show that you have white bulbs.
Better buy a headlight relay and install Phillips Essential Vision or any other 100/90W bulbs or go the HID way to have a safe night ride.

Hello.

I am just a few days old to this site, was just searching some threads and got this one and wanna share something on this.

I own a VW Polo TDi and replaced my stock 55/60W with the Philips Diamond Vision 5000K 55/60W white halogens.

1st thing white light is not banned in India. I think no colour of light is banned but if you give an extraordinary treatment like more than 8000K that's near Purple and Dark Blue or if you go very low near 2000-3000 K very bright yellow and green tint you will appear out of world and than that can cause some police actions but the white part is permissible.

And now the review of Diamond Vision this is not a light for Indian roads as it has less glare compared to regular halogens so you cannot easily get a low beam from oncoming traffic and you will of course get a low beam from 90% drivers but then too you will find it difficult too see road.

And in rain just forget that you will get to see roads easily. [frustration]

Last edited by a moderator:
@swiftsashi: go for Philips Xtreme Vision.. better bulbs and there is a discussion in this forum here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...fications/9415-philips-h4-headlamp-bulbs.html

@My Blue Polo: Diamond Vision is perhaps not too bad, but please consider that they are now considered old technology and a little better than standard OEM halogens. Also another fact is that there is a growing market for philips fake halogens in India and it is very easy to get duped. Please check if your is fake or not. There is a online checker (I dont have the link handy, but google and you should be able to find it easily).

Guys, I will strongly recommend 100/90 upgrade for Headlight.
I have already used both the Philips EV & DV and I found both are useless in the highway.
This is from my personal experience.
Now I am regretting for the useless expenditure.
I have tried almost all the option. Then i moved to 100/90 upgrade.

Guys, if you are not using your car on the highway at night, then it's OK to go for those Bling kind of bulb.

If you are serious about your safety on highway, then go for 100/90 upgrade.
If budget is not the concern, then you can go with HID with Projector.

@swiftsashi: go for Philips Xtreme Vision.. better bulbs and there is a discussion in this forum here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...fications/9415-philips-h4-headlamp-bulbs.html

@My Blue Polo: Diamond Vision is perhaps not too bad, but please consider that they are now considered old technology and a little better than standard OEM halogens. Also another fact is that there is a growing market for philips fake halogens in India and it is very easy to get duped. Please check if your is fake or not. There is a online checker (I dont have the link handy, but google and you should be able to find it easily).
@Chayan ya these bulbs are good but not giving the best result. they give good visibility when there is no oncoming traffic or there is low intensity light but when you face a situation full of lights even in low beam or in the city streetlights they don't perform well. ya I got these bulbs checked when I didn't got the desired performance and they are 100% original. well I wanted Philips Blue Vision Ultra(4300K) but they were not available so I bought the diamond vision (5000K) because 4300K is the best light temperature/colour.
But the low performance of the bulb can be caused by various reasons as follows:

1. The original car headlight reflector may not be good (as the company fitted OSRAM halogen bulbs were also not performing well)

2. May be these bulbs work well in projectors or a smaller size reflector ETC ETC.

I am purchasing a projector + reflector headlight unit for my polo then I will surely try these bulbs in both projector and the new headlight's smaller sized reflector and do surely write about it in this thread. [:)]

Below is the image of headlight I m planning to but for my polo with low beam projector and high beam reflector and led drls

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! Just got the Diamond Vision 5000k installed in my Alto today! Also went for a drive! It does not have that glaring effect and has that cool soothing effect for the eyes to look! I had been previously using Hella 100/90 bulbs and when i took them out The right hand side bulb was really foggy and had a white layered coating on it and i couldn't see the inside whereas the left hand side bulb was clear. Don't know what's the reason. Likewise, my right hand side headlight reflector has faded badly when compared to the left hand side headlight reflector. Don't know the reason for that too. But overall satisfied with the light output and the throw is good too! Will post pics soon!.

Hey guys! Just got the Diamond Vision 5000k installed in my Alto today! Also went for a drive! It does not have that glaring effect and has that cool soothing effect for the eyes to look! I had been previously using Hella 100/90 bulbs and when i took them out The right hand side bulb was really foggy and had a white layered coating on it and i couldn't see the inside whereas the left hand side bulb was clear. Don't know what's the reason. Likewise, my right hand side headlight reflector has faded badly when compared to the left hand side headlight reflector. Don't know the reason for that too. But overall satisfied with the light output and the throw is good too! Will post pics soon!.
100/90 power bulb will produce more heat and hence on the long run will damage the reflector assembly. Also since India is rt hand drive nation, the right side headlight is set up for longer light throw and possible the reason why the damage is greater on the right hand side.

It's been three days since i'm using Diamond Vision. Quite frankly, They are quite dim and it's not great as the yellow bulbs. Maybe it's due to my reflectors. They have totally faded out. The reflecting part inside both of the headlight assembly are white in colour right now. [frustration]. I don't know what to do? Will switching back to 100/90 improve my beam throw and visibility problems? Or is that a waste too? My previous 100/90 bulbs are screwed up and won't be using them again. Please help me guys.

It's been three days since i'm using Diamond Vision. Quite frankly, They are quite dim and it's not great as the yellow bulbs. Maybe it's due to my reflectors. They have totally faded out. The reflecting part inside both of the headlight assembly are white in colour right now. [frustration]. I don't know what to do? Will switching back to 100/90 improve my beam throw and visibility problems? Or is that a waste too? My previous 100/90 bulbs are screwed up and won't be using them again. Please help me guys.
Best thing would be to get new OEM Reflectors.

Get a new reflector assembly and change the bulbs to Philips xtreme vision or Hella night breaker+. Should be better than your OEM setup but not as bright as 100/90 you had previously.

Top Bottom