Correct Bulbs For 1993 Maruti 800's Headlamps?

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,

I went to replace a burnt out headlamp bulb on my 1993 Maruti 800 this evening and the guy that I usually buy Maruti parts from told me that he doesn't have the ones that were currently fitted and that he had halogen ones. I asked him if these were suitable for my Maruti's electrics and he said "yes". So we fitted two of them and it's like I now have two searchlights on the car! I'm impressed with the improvement ! I can't understand why these were never fitted as standard on the car unless of course the previous owner had replaced them with the cheap non-halogen ones and I am none the wiser that it should have had halogen ones as standard.

So, my question to you is: which are the correct type of bulbs for a 1993 Maruti 800's headlamps ? ( was it originally equipped with halogen ones as standard ?)

Re: Correct bulbs for 1993 Maruti 800's headlamps ?

halogen head lights provides more lighting than non-halogen lights. osram night breaker is the preferred one.

Thread Starter #5

halogen head lights provides more lighting than non-halogen lights. osram night breaker is the preferred one.
Oh, so you mean to say there is no harm in fitting halogen bulbs if you are suggesting that I use a particular brand of halogen lamps, right ? As I said, I buy Maruti parts regularly from this guy and I don't think he would sell me something which is not correct for my car and which could potentially damage it's electrics but I thought of confirming with you guys here on this informative forum site to make sure.

If you battery can take the load of this halogen lamp then fine.What I meant is your battery is standard battery for maruti 800 and functioning properly and regularly serviced then it will be easily able to take the load of this halogen lamp. Halogen will not affect any electrics of your system.

Hello friends,

I went to replace a burnt out headlamp bulb on my 1993 Maruti 800 this evening and the guy that I usually buy Maruti parts from told me that he doesn't have the ones that were currently fitted and that he had halogen ones. I asked him if these were suitable for my Maruti's electrics and he said "yes". So we fitted two of them and it's like I now have two searchlights on the car! I'm impressed with the improvement ! I can't understand why these were never fitted as standard on the car unless of course the previous owner had replaced them with the cheap non-halogen ones and I am none the wiser that it should have had halogen ones as standard.

So, my question to you is: which are the correct type of bulbs for a 1993 Maruti 800's headlamps ? ( was it originally equipped with halogen ones as standard ?)
Hi,
Welcome to The Automotive India. There is no harm in using halogens in place of normal bulbs. Although the halogen heats a bit more as compared to the normal ones. You can also upgrade to 100/90W halogens using compatible wiring harness or as mentioned earlier go for Osram Nightbreaker(as per your country laws) Do start an ownership review of your car and tell more about your car.

I replaced the headlamps (90/100W) of my Maruti 800 (1996) with japanese Toyota Townace headlamps (55/60W, used ones) without any difficulty. They were better than the 90/100W bulbs which loaded the generator

I also have a Maruti 800 1993 model and the stock bulb ( non halogen) has blown up, I need to replace but MGP ( Maruti Genuin Part) is not available? What is the wattage of stock bulbs in 1993 model Maruti 800? I do not want to touch the wiring to have cut out installed for higher watt bulb. I would prefer replacing with a halogen bulb with same wattage so that no wiring change is required. Please help.

I have also put up this question in some other tread, but I feel this tread is more appropriate, hence posted here again.

Top Bottom