New Wheel Covers For My Santro on Completing 150K Kms

Thread Starter #1
Hi All

my Santro completed 149K & i am planning to get full wheel cover for it (as there is lot of scratches on rim while there is no scratch on my car) when it going to complete 150K as this amazing car deserve something after so long.
is someone now how much genuine hyundai wheel cover cost for santro ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: planning a gift for my car on completing 150K

I suggest you to go with some nice alloys for your car buddy and that would be a perfect gift for your car the way it served you all these kilometers[:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

The car is in a very good condition [:)] My santro has covered 97000 kms.

I think it should cost between 1500-2000 rupees. And do you have any service cost/ bill of your car? If you have pleaae post it as i'll change each oil and everything once it completes 100k kms so just wanted to know the cost.

Also, you can get the car buffed \ rubbed to remove scratches and bring out the look of the car.

Last edited:

The new kind of wheel caps cost you around 2K in showroom & in local market the same wheel caps with out hundai badging comes with in 600 rs for a set of four. I advise you to try it too.
I'm informed that the wheel covers also cost the same.

BTW its a lot of KM in a car, I have a 2009 model santro.
How is the car going? What about milage ? How about service cost ?

If there are semall bends at edge of the rim where the wheel cap fits, it is highly possible that the wheel caps might fall off. Please check before installation. Because later on getting a single cap every now and then is a headache. They ask us to buy a full set of 4.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

If there are semall bends at edge of the rim where the wheel cap fits, it is highly possible that the wheel caps might fall off. Please check before installation. Because later on getting a single cap every now and then is a headache. They ask us to buy a full set of 4.
In hyundai cars, wheel caps cannot fall because it's tightened by the nuts. In maruti cars you have to fix them on the edges.

Do think about alloys. Your Santro will have s sporty look. Congrats for crossing 150K. Many more kms to go

Thread Starter #8

I suggest you to go with some nice alloys for your car buddy and that would be a perfect gift for your car the way it served you all these kilometers[:)]
thank for so nice suggestion as i am also thinking of alloys before thief's stolen all 4 wheels of my neighbors santro that have new alloys with 175/55 bridgestone tyres & he found his car on bricks in morning .[confused]. as i have to park car outside my house so its not safe to have alloys.

thank for so nice suggestion as i am also thinking of alloys before thief's stolen all 4 wheels of my neighbors santro that have new alloys with 175/55 bridgestone tyres & he found his car on bricks in morning .[confused]. as i have to park car outside my house so its not safe to have alloys.
In such a case you can go with the OE full size wheel covers. Incase of damage, they can be sourced easily in used market (1/2/3/4 Nos as you wish, after market ones need to be purchased in set if any 1 is missed/damaged)

Painting the wheel disc in Matt black will add more character to the full wheel cover.

Thread Starter #10

BTW its a lot of KM in a car, I have a 2009 model santro.
How is the car going? What about milage ? How about service cost ?
Hi Aromal

i am using CNG in my car but still it runs smooth till date, only thing that now i feel is the door rubber noise when car go through some speed breakers else it still runs & looks like new.

in last month i have got 25 km/kg [:D] in CNG without AC in 50/50 Local/Highway driving & i think that is good for a car that clocked 150K.

i have serviced my car on 2 days ago at a local service station(i am going to that garage from last 50K kms) & it cost me 3100 [;)]
that include
1200 for castrol magnetic engine oil, 300 for air filter + oil filter, 400 for a pw steering pump bearing + power steering oil + one bulb + few small things.
700 for servicing cost that include injector cleaning & all servicing work,
250 for wheel balancing & alignment & car wash at 250.

all servicing varies b/w 2500 to 4000 & there is no major maintenance work needed till now.

Last edited:

Top Bottom