Fiat Car Spare Parts Available Online

Thread Starter #1
Possibly a new strategy by FIAT, though not 100% sure of ownership .. but a good news for the car and FIAT lovers. FIAT car parts including suspension, lights , powertrain, body parts etc. are now available online in India. So don't have to depend solely upon ASS for the care and upkeep of your car. Also old model parts are available too (e.g Uno, Palio).

99rpm.com

On the whole kudos to whoever is involved in this venture for showing the way.

Re: New Strategy - FIAT car parts now available online

If this is true then this would be the greatest hurdle that fiat has overcome in years. This strategy would make accessories and parts available to the consumers at ease [:)] . This move will attract new buyers [cheers].

deville_56

Honoured Member

Not a FIAT venture and not new, been there for quite sometime. Many FIAT users relying this site and another guy in Delhi or Pune for parts. I have shortlisted many parts from that site for my friend's Palio, which luckily I found here at spare shop.

I used to make fun of FIAT friends that its the only brand where customer had to go hunt parts to get their car out of SVC [lol]

My cousin was SA for FIAT in Mohandas and had to quit his job just because of poor spare parts strategy by FIAT. They won't ship unless there is parts worth 25k in a single consignment. Even if your had to get a 100 rupee part for the car, you have to wait until the part order reaches worth of 25k, which delay parts dispatch by at least a week or sometimes more than a month, which leaves the car stranded in the SVC. If the car is not delivered in time, first the customer will screw him, then the FIAT guys will screw him once the customer complains. With all these pressure, he had to quit. And FIAT has a centralized parts distribution network, which operates in Pune and don't have localized network like others.

Its wonderful to know about this initiative.
The way they had listed parts in the website is also nice. The pricing is quite easy on the purse.And peace of mind guaranteed as it is not spurious.
This must be a turning point for FIATs business.
We need to make fiat owners aware of this.

deville_56

Honoured Member

There are many non-FIAT made parts in the site, but they have made it clear to mention what make and what standard it is of in every item listed. Very much appreciable.

deville_56

Honoured Member

The 99rpm story:

99rpm is founded by Pankaj Yadav, a 2005 batch engineer from IIT(BHU), Varanasi. At 99rpm, Pankaj directly oversees customer delight, strategic partnerships and technology research.

Before founding 99rpm, Pankaj worked for 7 years in software industry and held various roles in Software Service, Products and Internet Companies. For a significant part of his career, Pankaj was a Computer Scientist at Adobe Systems, where he helped built technology to power 90% of all web video consumed in 2009 and later on he created next generation voice communication technology for 2020. More recently, he was the Product Manager of Gaana.com. Pankaj has also filed 2 US technology patents.

About Us

99rpm is been there for over 8months now. Parts sold are mostly expensive. He started out to be selling them cheap but over a time he is selling them at MRP sometimes over the price what FASS is quoting.

I had ordered few parts for my punto and my friends for Palio. He delivers them through bluedart. But still there are dealers like Kawa Automobiles in Mumbai who still are giving them at cheaper price.

99rpm has stopped selling parts for fiat Punto and linea as of April onwards.I was astonished to see that some parts like screw driver were imported from Italy
Whatever people may say about the cost,The service was good and parts were delivered at home. What more can you ask?
It was far easy to buy from them than go dealers daily requesting them for parts and the usual kiranan shop mentality
of rudely talking to you if you ask for timescale when will part arrive.All in it was a stellar effort.Now situation is back to square one for Fiat.

Top Bottom