Replacement Bulbs for Vento - Philips Bluevision W5W

Thread Starter #1
Guys can anybody let me know where I can get Philips Blue-Vision W5W bulbs in Bangalore?

I have Philips Extreme Vision on my Headlights and Fogs (for quite long time). These throw a whitish light and to match that I need to replace my parking lamps with whitish light (not bluish). The best match I could find is Philips Blue Vision (W5W version). No LEDs since they tend to be extremely white (bluish white) with color temperature more than 5000K. I prefer to stick to 4000K or below so they would match my existing bulbs.

I am not able to find these in any of the car accessories shops nearby - some say these are no more into production and are being replaced by LEDs, which I find hard to believe. Not able to find on online portals too. However saw one for sale on some UK site and price was around 5 GBP for a pair whereas Philips India online portal shows retail price as Rs 115.

Philips BlueVision 12961BVB2 - Automotive signaling lamp

Any help would be highly appreciated. I need 5 pairs of those...

Well if you are referring to these bulbs. I guess you get it at almost every shop on J.C.road. The light is more whitish and hardly any blue light (although the bulb looks blue) is seen.

The packet costs about 110/- per packet.

It is available at this shop:
J.K.Automobiles (Owner Mr.Satish) = Ph: 08026708210/08026708524 - #17/4, 2nd Cross, J.C.Road, Bangalore - 560002.

I bought 2 packets of this bulb about a month back, I am sure he has enough stock. Check with the owner, he might help you out to get even some rare to find spares (if required).

Best time to visit J.C.road/ J.K.Automobiles would be between 9.45am to 11am.
Mode of payment : Cash/Card

You can also try with Nitin Automobiles, J.C.Road. Nitin has accessories and spares under one roof, J.K. has more spares and is also a distributor for many brands. Last time I visited Nitin he did not accept card.

All the best.

Thread Starter #4
Well if you are referring to these bulbs. I guess you get it at almost every shop on J.C.road. The light is more whitish and hardly any blue light (although the bulb looks blue) is seen.

The packet costs about 110/- per packet.

It is available at this shop:
J.K.Automobiles (Owner Mr.Satish) = Ph: 08026708210/08026708524 - #17/4, 2nd Cross, J.C.Road, Bangalore - 560002.

I bought 2 packets of this bulb about a month back, I am sure he has enough stock. Check with the owner, he might help you out to get even some rare to find spares (if required).

Best time to visit J.C.road/ J.K.Automobiles would be between 9.45am to 11am.
Mode of payment : Cash/Card

You can also try with Nitin Automobiles, J.C.Road. Nitin has accessories and spares under one roof, J.K. has more spares and is also a distributor for many brands. Last time I visited Nitin he did not accept card.

All the best.
Thanks ss80... That was a great help [:D]. JC road was always an option but I was looking for some place near my house (I stay in JP Nagar). Nevertheless I will call up these guys and confirm availability. Will drop down sometime next weekend to pick these up if available. Only pain - it is very difficult to take a car into those bylanes of JC road. Probably I will take my bike [:)]

You're welcome RamG.

There is a car parking complex right opposite to the entrance of J.C.Road, only problem with them is that they are highly unpredictable, There are n no:of times I land there and the gate is closed. They are sometimes closed on a normal weekday as well. 2 Wheeler is a better choice, to be on the safer side too.

Top Bottom