Maruti 800 Engine Swap Question

Thread Starter #1
Greetings Guys, [:D]

need new motor to fit into my maruti 800 without any modifications, So my friend offered to me his old car's motor ( Suzuki super carry )

suzuki-super-carry-van_5fa30.jpg

I think it's F10A 1000cc 4 cylinder
The important thing to me is i am going to modify many things on chassis or the motor ??

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: M800 Motor swap Question ?

I guess you would require major mods on the chassis to fit in the 1000cc engine. Here in India the omni & 800 shares the same engine.

Main issue you would face would be mounting the gear box since the omni is a real wheel drive where as 800 is FWD. Do check before doing any kind of changes to the chassis.

If you really want to swap try F8D instead of F8B.

May be you can post pics of your engine bay with the existing engine and also a close up pic of the Van's engine (especially mounting points). All the best.

I think this is the same engine which did duty in Maruti Gypsy and Maruti 1000 (not Esteem). Fitting it into Maruti 800 engine bay itself will be a challenge.

Greetings Guys, [:D]need new motor to fit into my maruti 800 without any modifications,
You will have to do some modifications but it is possible. Someone in India has already done it.

I think it's F10A 1000cc 4 cylinder
The important thing to me is i am going to modify many things on chassis or the motor ??
This engine was used on the Maruti 1000 & Gypsy. It has a Cast Iron block. The Aluminium version was the G10B used in the Zen

If you really want to swap try F8D instead of F8B.
Which cars use the F8B? The 800 & Omni are the F8D right?

I think this is the same engine which did duty in Maruti Gypsy and Maruti 1000 (not Esteem). Fitting it into Maruti 800 engine bay itself will be a challenge.
Not really. Someone in Noida has done it. There's a thread in another forum.

Thread Starter #6
The 800 has F8B
I need a sure experience with someone has swapped it with F8D or F10A
the better less modifications on chassis or the motor
And I'll post the chassis photos as soon as possible

Which cars use the F8B? The 800 & Omni are the F8D right?
F8B came with Maruti 800 & Omni, F8D came with Maruti 800 5 speed, Alto and Matiz.

Got some Images from m800 chassis
This is F10A motor with gearbox
Hope that help
Hi Mohamed, Omni / Van's engine comes with a mechanical fan, also its a rear wheel drive. You have only option just to swap the engine and use the same 800's gear box. You would require to change the bell housing of the gearbox.

Also are they carb engines / mpfi ? It better to swap a F8D and it is easier than the one you have planned.

I am surprised to see a AC compressor on the Van's engine, is it after market one ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Hi Mohamed, Omni / Van's engine comes with a mechanical fan, also its a rear wheel drive. You have only option just to swap the engine and use the same 800's gear box. You would require to change the bell housing of the gearbox.

Also are they carb engines / mpfi ? It better to swap a F8D and it is easier than the one you have planned.

I am surprised to see a AC compressor on the Van's engine, is it after market one ?
Hi Varun, this photo i got from the internet because the van is not close by to me
and sorry it dose not have a mechanical fan
- Carb
- the f8D/f10a Almost both have the same HP I prefer the F8D but it's rare that some one swapped it with maruti 800

Maruti 800 engine swap

I am a newbie regarding automobiles and for quite sometime have i been mulling over the idea about making my carb 800 more powerfull.So plonking an mpfi maruti zen engine in it came to my mind.There are some mechs who claim to be able to do it but i would still love to hear viewpoint from all of you experienced guys out there.Being fom a small part of the country i am quite limited in resources so reaally need your help guys

Re: Maruti 800 engine swap

I am a newbie regarding automobiles and for quite sometime have i been mulling over the idea about making my carb 800 more powerfull.So plonking an mpfi maruti zen engine in it came to my mind.
Unless & Until there is no sentimental association with the car, better trade her for a used Zen which should be far safe and reliable solution for your need.

Top Bottom