Tyres For Hyundai Verna Fluidic

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI friends,

I am looking for the new set of tyre for my car as the stock ones are worn out completely. Currently i am using MRF zvtv in 185/65/r15 profile which came with new car and clocked 16100 on ODO.
I am highly disappointed with the stock tyre as i was expecting more mileage from them, at least more than 20000 kms. [anger] still i can drive around 500 kms more and above that will be too risky to drive so please need your help.

My need:
Tougher tyres. (which will be able to hold in tough condition in hilly areas)
Descent mileage. (with proper wheel alignment and balancing at least more than 30000kms)
Good handling in bad roads. (as winter season is at door steps and will have to drive on snow also)

My choices are:
Bridgestone- Potenza GIII or Turanza
Goodyear- Eagle F1GSD6
Apollo- Accelere or 4G (any idea about 4G? as these are launched recently)
Yokohama- AA01
What about Kenda and Nankang tyre? Does anybody has used them?

I also want to upsize the tyre from 185/65/r15 to 195/60/r15 or 195/65/r15 but i am confused for the proper size. Need to improve the GC of my car too.
60% driving will be local and 40% highway use. (mostly between Chandigarh-Shimla)
Please need the suggestions from experts. [confused]

In the above mentioned tires i used only Appolo acceleres and nanking tires.

Appolo accelere are better than JK & MRF on braking, tire noise and comes with a better tread design. Not hard like JK & MRF and not last more than 30K KM. Acceleres are costlier than JK & MRF, but less price than BS.

last year we bought 5 Nanking tires for My brothers 2007 Honda city, which run only 7K KM after the tire change and the tires still look like new without much tread wear.
our both cars mostly run either on village(bad) roads or NH. Not puncture experienced till now.we had good experience with both brands. experts will share experience about other brands

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
thanks for the reply Releesh. [:)]
One more query. is it advisable to buy tyres online from SnapDeal as i am getting around Rs. 1500/- off on 4 tyres compared to shop.

Which one is best between Bridgestone Potenza or Turanza and Yokohama-AA01??

BTW i was expecting some more replies from fellow TAI'ns but it seems all are busy. [cry]

First I am very surprised that your MRF OEM tyres have worn out at 16K km only. OK I understand MRF is not the best of radials but 16K is too low. Can you please check what was the date of manufacturing of those set of tyres.

I would suggest you to go through this thread, will give you an idea which brand to go for?

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/12651-new-tyres-tata-manza.html

If you are doing lot of hill driving and on rough roads , I would advise you to go for Yoko or Michelin.
Bridgestone Turanza is good but ride comfort will be lesser.

Cheers,
Anshuman

@himalayan3009, am really sorry since am very bad at this section. I cant even give you small suggestions. Really sorry about it.

I have Apollo Tyres in my sparky. Its nearly 16000 KMs and it is doing good (except for one which is worned out completely due to some mistake CASS people did when I asked them to do Tyre rotation, I should have kept mum or should have done by self) When I checked with CASS guys during my last visit, they said it can do for another 5000 KMs.

So am waiting.

BTW, are you planing to change all tyres or only a pair. In that case, put new pair in the front and swap the front to rear (this suggestion is based on suggestion given to me by CASS guys)

@Himalayan

What is the reason for tyre upsize ?? I think the section is ok with 185. If you want to increase the diameter then you need to see the difference in circumference overall which should not cross 2%.

I suggest you go with 195/65/r15 and BS Turanza which are suitable for mixed terrain conditions or you can also try Appollo

For more information on correct upsize, please visit this http://www.tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
First I am very surprised that your MRF OEM tyres have worn out at 16K km only. OK I understand MRF is not the best of radials but 16K is too low. Can you please check what was the date of manufacturing of those set of tyres.

I would suggest you to go through this thread, will give you an idea which brand to go for?

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/12651-new-tyres-tata-manza.html

If you are doing lot of hill driving and on rough roads , I would advise you to go for Yoko or Michelin.
Bridgestone Turanza is good but ride comfort will be lesser.

Cheers,
Anshuman
thanks anshuman8 yes MRF lasted just for 16.5 k mark. Encountered this problem for the first time, even Apollo tyres in my maruti800 lasts between 25k to 30k mark.
MRF tyres are 2012 manufactured.

Also it is advisable to upgrade from 185/65/r15 to 195/60/r15 or 195/65/r15? Confused regarding right size.?

@Sethu Sir: thanks for replying and its alright, nothing like to say sorry. [:)] we both are on a same boat. ;) BTW i am going to change all 4 tyres.

@Gurrala Sir: one dealer told me not to go for 195/65/15 as the sidewall will touch the car from inside at a curve. he suggested me to go for 195/60/15 instead of 195/65/15??? is it true?

Last edited:
The best ones for you would be Potenza -G3 , Eagle F1GSD6 , Yoko Es100.

I have got the yoko es 100 recently, the tires are soft and handing/ braking is good with these.

BTW why did the stock tires give up so early..is it because of the roads..

Thread Starter #9
The best ones for you would be Potenza -G3 , Eagle F1GSD6 , Yoko Es100.

I have got the yoko es 100 recently, the tires are soft and handing/ braking is good with these.

BTW why did the stock tires give up so early..is it because of the roads..
May be its gone because of bad roads, but the usage ratio was 50:50 between bad roads and good roads, with present road condition i had expected them to give a mileage of at least 25000 kms.
What about Yoko A drive??? I am getting them in 195/60/r15. Is it good to have them in hilly terrain and are they capable of performing well in snow as we will be having snowfall in late December or early January.

@Gurrala Sir: one dealer told me not to go for 195/65/15 as the sidewall will touch the car from inside at a curve. he suggested me to go for 195/60/15 instead of 195/65/15??? is it true?
This question is car specific. With that upsize of 195/65/15 the aspect ratio of side wall by thus the circumference will increases, so you really need to see what kind of area is available in your car. The 195/65/R15 will reduce the circumference, hence will not have any problem.

But I still have the same question for your car is upsize of section width is required really, if not stick to the OE size and select a good brand tyre

Since it is a sedan, that stock size is pretty good unless you need some show off with bigger size tyres. Only the thing is you need to select a good tyre like BS/Yoko/Appolo.

Thread Starter #13
UPDATE:
Got the Yokohama A drive AA01 today in 195/60/R15 88H.
I have ordered them online through Snap Deal as i was getting a good deal. [glasses] Ordered them on 31st Oct, 2013 and received the shipment today on 05 Nov, 2013.

Following are the prices for Yokos:

Total price for the set of 4 tyres was: Rs. 22,012/-
After discount on snap deal it was: Rs. 20,284/- (Rs. 1,728/- was the discounted amount)
As it was festival season, got additional 10% discount on occasion of Diwali. (i.e- Rs. 2,002/-)
So the final price for 4 tyres was Rs. 18,020/-
Got a total discount of Rs. 2002+ Rs. 1728= Rs. 3,730.
Shipping charges was NIL.

Besides this,
Rs. 250 for wheel alignment.
Rs. 300 for wheel balancing.
Rs. 200 for changing & fitting new tyres.
Total expenditure of Rs. 700/-

3 Tyre are manufactured in YYY2413 (i.e 24th week of 2013)
1 Tyre is manufactured in YYY3713 (i.e 37th week of 2013)
I think this is how we decode the manufacturing date. [thinking]

Usage experience will be updated time to time after some running. [:D]

Attachments

Top Bottom