Exhaust and Performance Tuning for i20

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am thinking of a bit modifying my Hyundai i20. I wanted to fit Dual Exhaust in my i20, like the Verna's. Just wanted to know how much will it cost??

And I want to tune the performance, any information about how to? will be great. [:)]

Thanks
Lxtreme

bhvm

Honoured Member
I'll suggest pete's tuning box rather than exhaust tuning. the power difference is noticeable and you won't need any hardware mods/drilling etc.

Hi everyone, I am thinking of a bit modifying my Hyundai i20. I wanted to fit Dual Exhaust in my i20, like the Verna's. Just wanted to know how much will it cost??

And I want to tune the performance, any information about how to? will be great. [:)]

Thanks
Lxtreme
Forget the dual exhaust. If you just want the looks, just fabricate a bracket and use it to hang something that looks like an exhaust tip.

@bhvm

Is that petes tuning box does effect the OE setup in the car in anyway ??
It changes the entire engine map. Sure way to void the warranty.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Any idea how much will it cost??
It should be in the range of 33~35k.

@bhvm

Is that petes tuning box does effect the OE setup in the car in anyway ??
Yes, Its an Second ECU. I think pete is offering its new ECU Box so the factory ECU setup is not hacked/disturbed in any way. You can revert back to Factory ECU later on if required. However I Don't think you can revert that at home.

Else, if you want some looks, I would suggest going for decals and some rally Fog lamps. They are not very complicated items and won't interfere with warranty.

why always everyone want to use the box but not map tuning.
i think map tunning gives you the most power with no side effects if your tanny and clutch is good

@lxtreme : If you need just the visual aspects you can go for aftermarket exhausttips that can play its part.I would recommend to remap to tuning boxes if you are to go with pure performance modification.

Top Bottom