Tyre Upgrade Problems in My Ertiga

Thread Starter #1
HI,

I have an Ertiga ZDI with stock alloy wheels. Just after having the delivery , i upgraded the tyres to 195/65/ 15 of yokohama make. That's the end of my happy story [clap]

After 2 months i had a rattling noise at the rear. I have reported this during my first service visit. They identified it as a rear left shockers problem and replaced it under warranty. Still the problem wasn't rectified. Took it back for inspection and they have identified that the rear right also has to be replaced, which they did under warranty. It not the end my friends.....

Just after few days again this noise cropped up. I beared it for a month and now having my vehicle serviced(3rd).

I am pretty sure of very very poor workmanship of this MASS( SAI service Hyderabad)

i have my own reason to complain about the workmanship. Till date i have reported 5 problems -
1)rattling noise at the rear
2)have to bang hard the front left door to get it shut
3) horrible roof noise
4)air leak into the cabin which is very much noticeable at high speeds
5) left front door noise when i lift up the glass----strangely this happens only when it rains or has a body wash.

Sadly not even a single problem has been resolved inspite of having this vehicle sent to them 7 times.[frustration]

What i would like to know is that was this due to the tyre upgrade that i did or due to poor workmanship. I seriously doubt if they identified the cause of the noise at first place. If i raise this issue again, would they act smart claiming it to be a tyre upgrade issue and hence out of warranty?

FYI, i fill nitrogen into the tyres and maintain an air pressure of 33 Front / 31 Rear
The rattling noise doesn't happen all the timesand not during regular running. It only happens when i am into potholes or speed breakers.

guys, plz shed some light on this! Your views are welcome...[confused]

Thanks
Phani

Re: Tyre upgrade problems on my Ertiga

Hey Buddy sorry to hear that you have lot of issues with your LUV.

1) Regarding rear shock absorber noise it is wierd. Try to go to another service center and fix them.

2) Rattles in doors: Did you try to change the stock speakers or fix subwoofer? If so the cabling done might be loose which starts rattling.

3) Roof AC rattle: This is said to be default issue in Ertiga and can be fixed by Service Center. Mine was fixed after a write up to Maruti.

4) Air leak noise : This would be from front quarter glass beeding. I had this issue and MASS changed them under warranty which fixed this issue.

5) Rattling noise from rear: It can only be your 3rd row seat. If it is from your shock absobers you might need to have them checked.

I would suggest you to go to another MASS and explain them your issues and they might fix them. If you are not satified still write up to Maruti. Happy motoring
5)

Thread Starter #3

Hey Buddy sorry to hear that you have lot of issues with your LUV.

1) Regarding rear shock absorber noise it is wierd. Try to go to another service center and fix them.

2) Rattles in doors: Did you try to change the stock speakers or fix subwoofer? If so the cabling done might be loose which starts rattling.

3) Roof AC rattle: This is said to be default issue in Ertiga and can be fixed by Service Center. Mine was fixed after a write up to Maruti.

4) Air leak noise : This would be from front quarter glass beeding. I had this issue and MASS changed them under warranty which fixed this issue.

5) Rattling noise from rear: It can only be your 3rd row seat. If it is from your shock absobers you might need to have them checked.

I would suggest you to go to another MASS and explain them your issues and they might fix them. If you are not satified still write up to Maruti. Happy motoring
5)
Hey Kinky,

Thanks for your response

I haven't done any modifications to the speakers

Thank you for the suggestions on the issues, will check with MASS to get them fixed.

Writing up to Maruti.....[sleep]. Those guys might be sleeping i guess. With all due respect, all this frustration has piled up over these months! You won't believe, my new pair of shoes worth Rs 2300 were stolen from the vehicle when it went for service. I have clearly asked the SA if i can leave them as i cannot carry a pair of shoes in hand to my office....He said you can leave it sir!

With loads of frustration , i called up the SM.....after 2 days i get a call that Sir, the shoes were even there when it went for washing.....only after that they were missing......though i wanted to shout at him ...bloody idiot the car didn't get a wash during that visit, I somehow controlled my anger and escalated to the Maruti regional office/ customer care. What all i get is an immediate call from the Senior Service manager but not fruitful action till date.....after all my 6 visits, it became a routine to write up to maruti. Fed up and kept my new sandals donated to Sai Service [embarass]

BTW did you upsize your tires?

Last edited:

Pkolli I have not yet upsized my tires. I am planning for good alloys for her. Sad to hear that your shoes were stolen. My previous car was Figo the service center lost my service book they stole my spare wheel and put some badly used tire as the serial number of tires were in service book I could not prove that.

It could be plastics that are causing the rattling.

If you can get someone to drive your car and you can sit in the back and identify where the sound is coming from you will be able to find the source yourself.

Have they tightened the dampers properly?MASS is known to be in too much of a hurry and they forget to tighten things.

Top Bottom