My New Honda City - Mods & Accessories

Thread Starter #1

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Do you own an ANHC?
Are you going to buy one?
Are you in search of something to make your car special?
You are in a right thread!
This is a part of my primary thread - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/14219-my-new-honda-city-white-albus.html
in our TAI forum under ownership reviews. It became necessary to make a thread under this head to make the search engine recognise and make persons like you to land on the right place.

I always wanted to be unique and thus my car too.
What would be interesting to you from my thread?
How did I make some small changes, how did I find the best car antenna, best perfume & many new extra fittings, how did I get the good shiner…and also how did I waste my money which I would like to share with you in my next write up and equally I am eager to learn from you.

I was hunting for some good and special extra fitting. I did make some changes. Every one item I bought has its own story. I will share with you one by one.
Certain things I made with the dealer. Something in my car greatly disappointed me. Even after spending so much in the EMT model, no rear speakers, not even a remote control for the factory fitted audio head units. Forget about steering control. I don’t know how much Honda going to save by not providing a remote for a car model sold for almost 8 to 9 lacs. Otherwise the quality of the HU is same as higher versions. I bought the original Honda tweeters (Rs.3500/-) as it nicely fit into the A pillars- no double side tape business. One mistake I did. I have bought side protectors from Honda which I felt the price Rs.6500/- is very much higher side and also they could not give me the latest silver line embedded one.
I wanted the fog lamps for the new type of bumpers but after knowing the price, I started thinking whether I did a mistake of buying a Honda city car. Of course any one will feel that it is atrocious, the price is Rs.20000/-.
It seems that once I started to own an ANHC, I am rich (virtually) and should not bother about money or price.

I started exploring something good, cheaper from outside. But getting good quality which suits ANHC was not that easy. I purchase certain things from ebay.in but could not use it. For example a universal gear knob but not suited for ANHC gear lever rod. A steering wheel cover but the rubber smell was hell. But certain things from US ebay worked well. Original type fog lamps, beautiful AC knobs about which I will share with you later. I am really happy after finding an online Chinese web side ‘AliExpress’ and most of them are honest sellers. But one should have so much patient before receiving it- it would take 20 to 60 days; should do some research before placing an order.
I am going to share many more of my experience, but with a word of ‘disclaimer’ that it is no way a sales promotion. If you like it take a risk and go for it or try to find a better one and share your experience to others. Thanks.

The detailed write up would be in my main thread. I would be giving you here many links, which would make you to know more about ANHC across the world. There will be more DIY links too!
I hope you will like it.

THREAD POSTINGS

PART 1: MY CAR SHARK FIN ANTENNA STORY
PART II: MY FOG LAMP STORY
PART III: MY CAR PERFUME STORY
PART IV: MY REMOTE LOCK STORY
PART V: MY CHROME STORY
PART VI: THE STORY OF MY LED SIDE VIEW MIRRORS
PART VII: THE TYRE SHINER
PART VIII: MY CARS & THE CROWS-THE SHAMPOO STORY
PART IX: HONDA CITY CUSTOM A/C DASH PANEL CONTROL KNOBS / DIALS

Attachments

Thread Starter #4

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
I have always wondered how my ANHC would look like, if I make carbon fiber vinyl wrapping on the roof, and got this picture while browsing. Cute isn't it ?

Attachments

I have always wondered how my ANHC would look like, if I make carbon fiber vinyl wrapping on the roof, and got this picture while browsing. Cute isn't it ?
Cute na, HOT yeah[:)].CF wrap along with a lip spoiler is good enough to turn your car into a head turner of the town.

Thread Starter #6

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CONCEPT DC DESIGN
This is not about a Honda city PC game. It is a real picture of ANHC evolved in the hands of renowned Indian Automobile designer DC DESIGNS.

CONCEPT
The sleek Honda City goes through a revamped look. It now sports fancy customizations rendering the new City in a class of its own.
Presenting the Honda City reincarnated.
FEATURES
The sides get additions, a car always craved for while a lot of options available to deck up the interiors. The fog lamp design and feel is built to go with the front grille. The hood now gets fancy scoop in turn enhancing the outer appearance of the City.
The sides beneath the doors get black panels to complete the sporty look. The interiors v/s exteriors resemble a Jekyll and Hyde persona. While the outer facade is all spruced up to look sporty, the inners display a feeling of executive ambiance.
The tail lights are given a slight makeover so as not to leave it behind in the overall refit.

Hope you have enjoyed another avatar of our beloved ANHC.

Attachments

Thread Starter #7

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
HONDA CITY 2014 MODEL

Honda is busy preparing the Next-Gen City which will also get a diesel motor for our market. Honda has officially confirmed the development and the next-gen City will be launched towards the first half of the next year.

Attachments

Thanks for sharing the pic of the 'would be' Honda City. The rendered pics of the 2015 City look quite interesting, however, I hope they do work on the equipment part a bit. I too own a dolphin City and love its smooth engine.
Regarding that DC City, it has been posted somewhere on the other thread, and to me, the only part which isnt looking great is the bonnet. Otherwise, its quite a looker.

The 2014 borrows heavily from US spec Civics.

They will have a more toned(cheaper to maintain) design here.

Thread Starter #10

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

Attachments

Last edited:
Mudhan sir. I know I'm aking for something that is painstakingly difficult but would you be kind enough to post all the links for the items that you have bought?

I opened your thread with skepticism but when I checked the links out, I was like "Damn. He has gone through a lot of trouble to make up his car". I love everything you did except the chrome bit (because I am not a chrome fan).
Also, how is the customs duty when ordering items from aliexpress? Any idea sir? I saw a couple of stuff that I want to add to my Polo but the horror stories about the corrupt people at customs here are scaring me.

Regards,
Vipin

Thread Starter #13

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Mudhan sir. I know I'm aking for something that is painstakingly difficult but would you be kind enough to post all the links for the items that you have bought?

I opened your thread with skepticism but when I checked the links out, I was like "Damn. He has gone through a lot of trouble to make up his car". I love everything you did except the chrome bit (because I am not a chrome fan).
Also, how is the customs duty when ordering items from aliexpress? Any idea sir? I saw a couple of stuff that I want to add to my Polo but the horror stories about the corrupt people at customs here are scaring me.

Regards,
Vipin
Dear VipinLJ

I am happy to hear from you that you love my articles & I haven’t disappointed you.

All links for my purchases could be difficult as these things are bought around two years, and if anything specific I will give you. Honestly, some of my sellers would have left and new sellers would have come into the online market.

Everything you want to know about online purchase abroad and Indian custom rules, please go through my special thread :

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ng-abroad-customs-formalities.html#post335567

Don’t forget to give your comment or at least a thumbs up if you like.

Bye

Thread Starter #14

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Nicely written review.Dr.Mudhan,have you received the same neon which one can connect with cigar light socket?if yes then pls post the link.

Top Bottom