Hyundai i20 Headlamp Upgrade Queries

Thread Starter #1
My i20 Head lamps (OEM Fitted) are not so effective in night.
what is the right way to improve---bulb replacement with higher wattage or else.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Query on the i20 head lamp

What the dealer says? Their after sales service?
This is not specific to my I20,it is general among all.
have anybody done some modification to get the effective flash during night drives...

Stock bulbs would be 55/60w bulbs.If you want more light at the stock wattage try Philips XtremeVision or Osram Nightbreaker.

Upgrading to higher wattage can cause warranty issues and you will need to fit a relay and ceramic holders for the bulbs.

Simplest solution is - go for HIDs. Even if you don't have projectors, no issues - HIDs will still be fantastic.
That will require him to go for Ballasts as well.Its not a simple solution per say.

Upgrading to a more light bulbs of 55/60w like the Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Nightbreakers is the simplest.Just take out the old bulbs and fit these.

Just remember not to touch the bulbs(glass part) during installation.

That will require him to go for Ballasts as well.Its not a simple solution per say.
HID kits have it all and there is no issue with ballasts too.

Upgrading to a more light bulbs of 55/60w like the Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Nightbreakers is the simplest.Just take out the old bulbs and fit these.

Just remember not to touch the bulbs(glass part) during installation.
What will be the effects of these bulbs on reflectors in long run?

The ballasts will need to be adapted to the existing wiring harness, just like the extra relays in case of 100/90 bulbs.HID kits are expensive.

The more light bulbs are of stock wattage and will have no adverse effects on the reflectors.They run much cooler than 100/90 bulbs as well.100/90 will cause discoloration of the plastic lens of the headlamps over time.

My i20 Head lamps (OEM Fitted) are not so effective in night.
what is the right way to improve---bulb replacement with higher wattage or else.
hi pisean i own an i20 as well and am running bixenon projectors since the 1st month of purchasing the car

which i20 do u have the new igen or the older gen like mine

can recommend to you lights accordingly

Top Bottom