Rear Park Assist Mirror for Dzire

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

I booked a Grey Dzire Zdi a week ago for gifting to my dad as a replacement for his current one. I am looking for getting a rear park assist camera. I was browsing for a good one and found most of those come with a screen which is mounted on the dash board rather than integrated into the ICE. I liked the console on the Zdi version and so do not want to change it. I am looking at options for a rear park assist mirror integrated the LCD for display. I stay in US and see that there are a lot of options available from third parties here ranging from abt 60$ to 150$. I just need advice on whether this is compatible with Dzire? Is it a good idea to get it in India or from US? Please assist. Thanks in advance.

Also I would like appreciate some guidance on seat covers.

Re: Rear Park asist Mirror for Dzire

Try to find a system that is compatible with the swift.The Dzire and the swift share a lot in common.

Just remember when you get the park assist installed make sure you tell the installer to use adapters and plugs for a plug and play kind of installation.If they end up cutting any wires your warranty and or extended warranty will get void.

When it comes to seat covers I am also in the same boat as you.

Check out this thread:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/14268-seat-covers-ertiga.html

Thread Starter #3

Thanks jarpickle. The seat covers in your post look good. I am looking for something elegant than sporty.
Regarding the rear park assist mirror with integrated LCD, I am thinking about something like this.

Last edited:

I am looking for some elegant seat covers too.Search is still on.

That rear view park assist screen looks good.

I have PM'ed our Dzire ICE expert.He will be better able to guide you.

Hello Friends,

I booked a Grey Dzire Zdi a week ago for gifting to my dad as a replacement for his current one. I am looking for getting a rear park assist camera. I was browsing for a good one and found most of those come with a screen which is mounted on the dash board rather than integrated into the ICE. I liked the console on the Zdi version and so do not want to change it. I am looking at options for a rear park assist mirror integrated the LCD for display. I stay in US and see that there are a lot of options available from third parties here ranging from abt 60$ to 150$. I just need advice on whether this is compatible with Dzire? Is it a good idea to get it in India or from US? Please assist. Thanks in advance.

Also I would like appreciate some guidance on seat covers.
Firstlt Welcome to TAI buddy.

The rear park assist your looking for is available in most car accessories shops in India. Common kits now a days are those which comes with 7in LCD display which are mounted in central rear view mirror. In addition to showing you feed from rear cam, these screens can also play movies using USB and some have Bluetooth connectivity. The most common company i have found which makes these are Xenos (Which i use) which has been reliable and good VFM products for me. In my Dzire i have a 7" multimedia HU and i just bought a reverse camera along with sensors fron Xenos and connected the feed to HU. Prices starts from around 7,000INR and goes upto 11,000INR.

For seat covers there are wide varieties available. Can be categorized as follows:-

1) Pure Leather Seat covers:-

Seat covers that are exclusive to luxury cars are now available for any car. Stanley, Autoform provide excellent quality pure Leather seat covers. They provide luxury feel to interiors. Negatives are mainly their cost and difficulty in maintaining them.

2) Artificial Leather Seat covers:-

Much cheaper than pure leather seat covers. Starts from 5,000 and goes up to 15,000. Easy to maintain but fit and finish won't match pure leather seat covers

For more info check these:-

Car Accessories and Quality Seat Covers in India | Auto Form India

Welcome to Stanley Lifestyle, I N D I A

Regards,
Sankar

I am looking for some elegant seat covers too.Search is still on.

That rear view park assist screen looks good.

I have PM'ed our Dzire ICE expert.He will be better able to guide you.
Thanks for those kind words jarpickle [:)]. But i am no expert just an guy who did lots of accessories to a poor man's car.[clap]

Regards,
Sankar

tai_newbie:

For leather interiors, there is Karlsson in Bangalore.

Both Stanley and Karlsson also have the 70% art leather and 30% leather(sitting area of a seat will be leather)

Karlsson said the use a much thicker leather compared to Stanley.But you will have to personally go and check the raw materials at both places for this.

For art leather getting it done locally seems like a much better option.For the price of the bigger brands you can use a local brand that costs half the price till it tears and then change to another design.

For Karlsson you need to take your car to Bangalore.

Sankar:Like I said before, you have earned all the praise.
Also have you checked the mirror that tai_newbie mentioned in his post to me:Amazon.com : Replacement Style Rear View Mirror with 4.5 Inch LCD Display - SecurView™  CRM SV9155 : Electronics

tai_newbie:

Both Stanley and Karlsson also have the 70% art leather and 30% leather(sitting area of a seat will be leather)

Karlsson said the use a much thicker leather compared to Stanley.But you will have to personally go and check the raw materials at both places for this.

For art leather getting it done locally seems like a much better option.For the price of the bigger brands you can use a local brand that costs half the price till it tears and then change to another design.

Also have you checked the mirror that tai_newbie mentioned in his post to me:Amazon.com : Replacement Style Rear View Mirror with 4.5 Inch LCD Display - SecurView™* CRM SV9155 : Electronics
At 306$ it seems very expensive as it is only 4.5" screen. Here in India one can get a 7" rear view mountable device with reverse camera and sensors for 10,000INR. Also you will get 2 year replacement warranty. I would suggest buying from a locl car accessories shop.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #10
Thanks Jarpickle and SankarNarayanan.

And SankarNarayanan, I went through your journey (thread) with your dzire and it was awesome. I was so impressed by your views on modding that I revisited it to look at the pics again and again. Also, I shared it with a friend of mine who was astonished with your interests on your car and he was commenting - 'This guy is mad with cars' in a lighter vein. No offence intended :)

Also, I would love some info on the side beeding on your car - the white one with a chrome stripe. I am looking for a body colored( glistering grey) one with a chrome stripe. Could you please shred some light on that?

Thanks a lot for the info. I shall go as advised with the rear park assist.
And am exited as I am getting the delivery of the grey Dzire on Thursday ie 19 Sep. My uncle's gonna pick it up and give it to my dad. As of now my dad doesn't know about my plans and I will definitely miss the surprise in his eyes :).

Specs wise nothing seems extraordinary for the product listed in Amazon. Also it is very costly at close to 20k.

Regards,
Sankar
I found some other references where similar was priced at about 150$. However, I would prefer something local as I would get the warranty too.

Also have you checked the mirror that tai_newbie mentioned in his post to me:Amazon.com : Replacement Style Rear View Mirror with 4.5 Inch LCD Display - SecurView™* CRM SV9155 : Electronics
I am from Guntur from Andhra pradesh and its not practically feasible t get the covers from Bangalore. Thanks for the guidance which would assist me in my further research.
And I agree with your statement about our expert.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Jarpickle and SankarNarayanan.

And SankarNarayanan, I went through your journey (thread) with your dzire and it was awesome. I was so impressed by your views on modding that I revisited it to look at the pics again and again. Also, I shared it with a friend of mine who was astonished with your interests on your car and he was commenting - 'This guy is mad with cars' in a lighter vein. No offence intended :)

Also, I would love some info on the side beeding on your car - the white one with a chrome stripe. I am looking for a body colored( glistering grey) one with a chrome stripe. Could you please shred some light on that?

Thanks a lot for the info. I shall go as advised with the rear park assist.
And am exited as I am getting the delivery of the grey Dzire on Thursday ie 19 Sep. My uncle's gonna pick it up and give it to my dad. As of now my dad doesn't know about my plans and I will definitely miss the surprise in his eyes :).
HI tai_newbie,

Thanks for those nice words. Regarding side beeding for my info, they come in black and white version only. I really don't know why they don't have any colors available except these two.[frustration] I have seen New Silver, Grey colored Dzire with black side beeding and it looked good to me. You should definitely buy side beeding as it certainly helps protect your car from scratches and in my case some serious denting work. Once when i turned into a small lane i didn't notice a big electrical post and rear door panel got hit with the post. They sound was so loud that i thought i will have to spend atleast 10,000 to do the repair. When i got out and checked i could only see a small scratch in side beeding that too was not visible clearly.

Regards,
Sankar

I found some other references where similar was priced at about 150$. However, I would prefer something local as I would get the warranty too.
150$ seems a good price which comes around 9-10,000INR. But you will get rear parking sensors with 2 year warranty. These camera's are drilled into the bumper. At times they might be prone to get damaged by water. This can be replaced with warranty but imported stuff you will have to pay rom your pocket.

I am speaking of this Model - Xenos RVM-7BT US.

:: Parking Assistance Range ::

Hope your also looking for similar model.

Regards,
Sankar

tai_newbie:Me and Sankar would both suggest that instead of getting a rear view mirror with LCD, you should go for a standalone screen or a Dual Din system that comes with an LCD panel.This is because the rear view mirror is prone to lot of glare and if there was a screen it would compromise the mirrors ability.

It would be much better if you could buy a standalone screen or a Dual Din, both these should be available much cheaper in the US.The camera and sensors can be connected to these.

You can try stores like Crutchfield, Best buy, Newegg etc as well to search for better deals.

tai_newbie:Me and Sankar would both suggest that instead of getting a rear view mirror with LCD, you should go for a standalone screen or a Dual Din system that comes with an LCD panel.This is because the rear view mirror is prone to lot of glare and if there was a screen it would compromise the mirrors ability.

It would be much better if you could buy a standalone screen or a Dual Din, both these should be available much cheaper in the US.The camera and sensors can be connected to these.

You can try stores like Crutchfield, Best buy, Newegg etc as well to search for better deals.
Absolutely spot on jarpickle. But as tai_newbie clearly wanted a mirror mounted system i didn't suggest these alternatives. In my opinion Touchscreen HU with just a reverse camera will be the best option. Standalone screens are actually waste of space and would out of sync with rest of dashboard.

Pioneer - AVH-X1590DVD is available for Rs 15483. Also i think snapdeal has 10% discount coupon for all automotive products

Pioneer - AVH-X1590DVD - 6.1'' LCD Touchscreen DVD Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #14
150$ seems a good price which comes around 9-10,000INR. But you will get rear parking sensors with 2 year warranty. These camera's are drilled into the bumper. At times they might be prone to get damaged by water. This can be replaced with warranty but imported stuff you will have to pay rom your pocket.

I am speaking of this Model - Xenos RVM-7BT US.

:: Parking Assistance Range ::

Hope your also looking for similar model.

Regards,
Sankar

Yes, this is the one I was mentioning - Park assist mirror

Absolutely spot on jarpickle. But as tai_newbie clearly wanted a mirror mounted system i didn't suggest these alternatives. In my opinion Touchscreen HU with just a reverse camera will be the best option. Standalone screens are actually waste of space and would out of sync with rest of dashboard.

Pioneer - AVH-X1590DVD is available for Rs 15483. Also i think snapdeal has 10% discount coupon for all automotive products

Pioneer - AVH-X1590DVD - 6.1'' LCD Touchscreen DVD Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Regards,
Sankar
This is the reason why I always consider experts advise :). I didnt think about the glare on the mirror. Thats a wonderful point.

I always hated the stand alone screens and wasn't interested exactly due to the reasons you mentioned.

I always liked the HU provided in dzire Zdi and so didnt wanted to change it. Now tht you mentioned a point, I shall consider that. thanks once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome.Glad we could help.

What ever accessories you get, make sure that the installation is done using plug and play adapters.Cutting into any wiring will cause the warranty to get void.

Top Bottom